MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

♩ The GatPack is back ♫
#317198 - 11/10/13 02:27 AM Attachment: GatPack.zip 1587 KB (2 downloads)

♪ And you know it can never be wack ♪

Warning, Minecraft Content, viewer discretion is advised.

Some schtuff is old, some is new, some is borrowed, and some are blue. 'Tis an amalgum of kewl stuff. The new pack tries to be more true to the default textures.

My original work updated from older packs plus updates taking advantage of the new animation features:
-bow and animation
-character Steve (wears a space invader shirt :O)
-diamond
-diamond armor
-emerald
-furnace animation
-iron ore and animation
-Jack-o-Lantern blur
-Jack-o-Lantern flicker animation
-obsidian
-paintings
-pork chop
-pumpkins have no face (why do default pumpkins have a face anyway?)
-sheers
-slime and animation
-swords
-torches and animation
and many more items I forgot to note.

Also uses goodies from:

AnimatedTextures(2) Pack
-cod fish
-birch leaves
-blaze powder
-diamond block animation
-emerald block animation
-gold block animation

Revival.2013.07.11 SMP Pack
-health, hunger, and armor

Vanimation vPre1.6 Pack
-beacon
-brewing stands
-glass
-glowstone
-ice
-oak leaves

Walls of Babylon.
-doors
-iron doors

Edited by Gatinho (11/10/13 05:46 AM)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: ♩ The GatPack is back ♫ new [Re: GatKong]
#317201 - 11/10/13 03:43 AM

> ♪ And you know it can never be wack ♪
>
> Warning, Minecraft Content, viewer discretion is advised.

Isn't there a way to push it as "recommended" for the server?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1890915-how-to-set-a-resource-pack-to-a-server/

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: ♩ The GatPack is back ♫ new [Re: TriggerFin]
#317202 - 11/10/13 03:54 AM

Well that's gnarly! Before I set that up... anything you'd liek to add to the recommended pack? I'm currently looking at handheld torches giving off light... still playing with it.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

I've decided I shouldn't name my white horse "Ride." Well, CARP new [Re: GatKong]
#317453 - 11/16/13 07:30 AM

Because I don't do that.

Edit. Went out to visit horse, bumped it into the wall and it died. dang.

Edited by TriggerFin (11/17/13 02:38 AM)

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Giving sand some soul. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#317540 - 11/19/13 06:12 PM

>bumped it into the wall

That's what killed Trigger.

Well, I've come to agree with DMala, my gui looks terrible. Mostly lifted and modified from another texture pack anyway, so I scrapped it to make my own from scratch. I'll keep the furnace and brewing stand graphics tho, I put a lot of work into those, and I like 'em. Tfin noted the boxes are hard to see, so I amped them up a bit.

Overall, I'm taking it back to the default gui, then altering it to simply make it more transparent. More in line with my overall theme of "default improved" anyway.

Also made the redstone torches flicker ever so slightly.

Added flame to blaze rods in a subtle way too, borrowing from the default flame graphics.

Redid the redstone powder, the previous one I got from the revival pack, this one I made from scratch so it's more like a pile of hot embers as opposed to blinking light.

I looked at soul sand… there's real potential there to make it awesome… after looking at some other people's animated pack's no one's done it justice. Most animated soul sand is ridiculous winking and gapping mouths that would induce a seizure if you had to work in a sandy area of the nether for any length of time… what would rock is soul sand where the faces morph and stretch in and out of existence like something out of Pink Floyd. After about three hours of work I had only three frames of animation done… so it may or may not ever get done…

Open to any ideas, suggestions, or recommended already-made stuff.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Giving sand some soul. new [Re: GatKong]
#317541 - 11/19/13 07:03 PM

> > bumped it into the wall
>
> That's what killed Trigger.
>
>
> Well, I've come to agree with DMala, my gui looks terrible. Mostly lifted and
> modified from another texture pack anyway, so I scrapped it to make my own from
> scratch. I'll keep the furnace and brewing stand graphics tho, I put a lot of work
> into those, and I like 'em. Tfin noted the boxes are hard to see, so I amped them up
> a bit.
>
> Overall, I'm taking it back to the default gui, then altering it to simply make it
> more transparent. More in line with my overall theme of "default improved" anyway.
>
> Also made the redstone torches flicker ever so slightly.
>
> Added flame to blaze rods in a subtle way too, borrowing from the default flame
> graphics.
>
> Redid the redstone powder, the previous one I got from the revival pack, this one I
> made from scratch so it's more like a pile of hot embers as opposed to blinking
> light.
>
> I looked at soul sand… there's real potential there to make it awesome… after looking
> at some other people's animated pack's no one's done it justice. Most animated soul
> sand is ridiculous winking and gapping mouths that would induce a seizure if you had
> to work in a sandy area of the nether for any length of time… what would rock is soul
> sand where the faces morph and stretch in and out of existence like something out of
> Pink Floyd. After about three hours of work I had only three frames of animation
> done… so it may or may not ever get done…
>
> Open to any ideas, suggestions, or recommended already-made stuff.

Cool, I can't wait to check it out! I like the idea of the soul sand, but my pixel art skills are just about nil, so I can't be of much help there.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: I've decided I shouldn't name my white horse "Ride." Well, CARP new [Re: TriggerFin]
#317542 - 11/19/13 07:09 PM

> Edit. Went out to visit horse, bumped it into the wall and it died. dang.

Bummer, man. There's an island to the south of me that is thick with horses, it's pretty crazy. There's also a weird village with a chasm running right through the middle of it.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Giving sand some soul. new [Re: DMala]
#317545 - 11/19/13 08:27 PM

> Cool, I can't wait to check it out! I like the idea of the soul sand, but my pixel
> art skills are just about nil, so I can't be of much help there.

Doing "trapped souls writhing in agony" on a 16x16 cube probably isn't easy.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 130 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1177