View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Screen Capture Question(s)
#317123 - 11/08/13 04:13 AM

Can someone with more knowledge than me explain the ins and outs of screen capturing. I use Paint Shop Pro a lot and for certain things I can take a nice screen cap while others I cannot. Case in point..........

Monaco GP simulator. Every time I hit capture all I get is a picture of my desktop with a small DOS box showing it's loading the roms.

I also try and get a little video of the gameplay with Microsoft Expression and all I get is audio with a blank picture.

There are many other instances/programs where I have the same problem.

Can someone please splain?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Screen Capture Question(s) new [Re: Antny]
#317217 - 11/11/13 12:26 AM

I don't have the answer but I've had similar problems before. Sometimes if a program's snap capture function doesn't work you can press Print Screen then go into irfanview or whatever and hit paste. That's how I capture "protected" images off the webs. fwiw. But sometimes even that gives blackouts like you mentioned.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: Screen Capture Question(s) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#317220 - 11/11/13 02:01 AM

Thanks Smitt, that worked. Now if I can only figure out something for the video capturing.

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: Screen Capture Question(s) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#317240 - 11/11/13 03:30 PM

protected how? Never came across a picture I couldn't "save as" if you're talking about a page that disables right-click just google enable right click. I'd post the code, but the forum won't even let me do it with code tags...

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Screen Capture Question(s) new [Re: Antny]
#317268 - 11/11/13 11:58 PM

It has to do with how the graphics are rendered. If they're rendered through the normal buffer, no problem. If they're rendered through some special surface like YUV video display, direct-x or open-gl, then probably you'll get those black areas/screens.

For the video, try something like dxstory or .kkapture. There are more programs for capturing dx video but I don't remember more names. Google is your friend.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 447 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 974