MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Alban
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/14/13
Send PM

Which MAMEUI for my purpose?
#315788 - 10/14/13 05:44 PM

Hi to all

It has been a while since I have looked into my MAME setups and I immediately see that chaos has erupted. suddently there are all kinds of rom handlers, needs, bios, versions, checksum errors and the like.

Here's the deal of what I need help with and I ask the experts of the site for it. I am completely uninterested into devs vs devs, MAME vs MESS, oh-my-god-my-games-dont-work-wtf discussions, whatever. That does not help anyone and only spends time to people who require precise information.

I am building a portable play station on a pen and with tons of games and emulators. I have and used MAME and I am more than comfortable with the terminology and tech behind it. I do not wish to use MAME / MESS for all. I will use MAME for arcade only. Period. Now I need to know which version of MAME above 130 is the most stable and you can still find the most complete pack out there (not counting support files (I can find them somewhere else) but counting bios). I will try to find out which old games were eliminated from the database until the version you mention later, for now that is not the request.

If you can direct me to the versions and/ or packs I would be tremendously appreciated. You can also send me a private msg if you prefer.

Thank you all for the time you spend helping me.

Cheers
Alban

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Which MAMEUI for my purpose? new [Re: Alban]
#315793 - 10/14/13 07:20 PM

> Now I need to know which version of MAME above 130 is the most stable

Latest

> If you can direct me to the versions and/ or packs I would be tremendously
> appreciated.

Google

> Thank you all for the time you spend helping me.

You're welcome.

S

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#315805 - 10/15/13 12:07 AM

HERE or HERE for your binaries

Haze's site is the "go to" right now because his X packages are compiled binaries for important bug fixes.

Don't limit yourself with Arcade only and give MESS a look.
You can hook-up MAME/MESS or UME which is both with QMC2

QMC2 guide

Example shots

http://i.imgur.com/WapIsx2.png
http://i.imgur.com/fUrDsBh.png

Enjoy and have fun

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#315820 - 10/15/13 06:44 AM

> Hi to all
>
> It has been a while since I have looked into my MAME setups and I immediately see that chaos has erupted. suddently there are all kinds of rom handlers, needs, bios, versions, checksum errors and the like.

> Here's the deal of what I need help with and I ask the experts of the site for it. I am completely uninterested into devs vs devs, MAME vs MESS, oh-my-god-my-games-dont-work-wtf discussions, whatever.

Deep down, you ARE interested in all of those things. You just don't want to admit it!

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Alban
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Which MAMEUI for my purpose? new [Re: B2K24]
#315832 - 10/15/13 02:47 PM

ooooooookkkkkkkkkkk... so I now have MAME, MESS, UME and QMC2... kind of makes my point actually

Are you telling me that make any sense of the mess (pun intended) that this erupted into I now need an agregator front-end?!

Well in the end it will depend on the version I can get the best and fullest pack to, and then I will built around that. I have no time to endless updates really (I have too many things going on, I'll keep this as simple as possible). If QMC2 helps with that fine, I'll use it with MAME and that will be it for now (everything else will be placed on hold)

the pack, on the other hand, I know more or less where to find them... I was looking for an opinion on what was out there (seems that intent was a fail... can't win all)

Thank you very very much for the data B2K24

Alban
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Which MAMEUI for my purpose? new [Re: Master O]
#315833 - 10/15/13 02:50 PM

huh... no I'm not. not when I have about 10+ different systems and a single emu which serves my purpose on each.

so, about where this is going to: I don't care. I just want to create a system that works and stop. Period. no more updates. If I miss a couple of things on future releases so be it.

Alban
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Which MAMEUI for my purpose? new [Re: Sune]
#315834 - 10/15/13 02:51 PM

... very informative

Alban
MAME Fan
Send PM

#315836 - 10/15/13 03:24 PM

Btw is this QMC2 also portable? for the purposes of what I'm doing, it must be, nothing can install to the host computer (must be executed from portable media devices like a pen). Forgot to mention that

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#315838 - 10/15/13 04:16 PM

Just download the Archive and not the installer

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1343