MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Fall TV season starts this week. You may be missing things already!
#314393 - 09/11/13 10:53 PM

Haven returns Friday on Syfy.

CBS blew the finale of Unforgettable earlier this week, so no change there. This informs my decision on anything new they may offer.

If everything were available on Hulu, Netflix, or even some combination of them, I'd get the fastest internet and dump the extra cable packages, get both of those, and STILL save money. There are a few holdouts yet, though.

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Newport, RI
Send PM

Re: Fall TV season starts this week. You may be missing things already! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#314394 - 09/11/13 11:53 PM

> Haven returns Friday on Syfy.
>
> CBS blew the finale of Unforgettable earlier this week, so no change there. This
> informs my decision on anything new they may offer.
>
> If everything were available on Hulu, Netflix, or even some combination of them, I'd
> get the fastest internet and dump the extra cable packages, get both of those, and
> STILL save money. There are a few holdouts yet, though.

That's what I did two years ago (roughly). No more cable, I don't watch it. I don't need it. I need the internet. that's it. I don't need a bundle, unless it's humble and indie. Hulu and Netflix, plus WiiMC, and emulstors on the TV via the Wii. That's some sweet entertainment... If I miss shows, I'll catch them some other time, or just not care. I'd rather watch every episode of Star Trek and Red Dwarf and whatever else I find...

Though, I just got a cell, 4G LTE, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and now there's that bill. Bought it on eBay, so it's no contract at least... They wouldn't let me use it on the prepaid smartphone plan though, because it's a 4G device... But there's tv on there too... including live football... that's cool...

www.randyrobbinsmusic.com
RandyRobbinsMusic on Facebook

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Loc: The Black
Send PM

Southcliffe and Big School... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#314398 - 09/12/13 02:31 AM

Gonna check these out..."Big School" has Philip Glenister ("Gene Hunt" from "Life on Mars" and "Ashes to Ashes")...

Looking forward to Haven too...

Toe-Knee
Send PM

Re: Fall TV season starts this week. You may be missing things already! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#314401 - 09/12/13 03:58 AM

I'm going to check out the new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. so I hope that's good. I'm a superhero fan and enjoyed Arrow last after 1 season. Let's see what they bring to the table this season.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Southcliffe and Big School... new [Re: dfrance]
#314403 - 09/12/13 04:07 AM

> Gonna check these out..."Big School" has Philip Glenister ("Gene Hunt" from "Life on
> Mars" and "Ashes to Ashes")...
>
> Looking forward to Haven too...

I only named Haven as being the first thing I've spotted (haven't looked for new stuff Thursday).

They're dragging out Supernatural for yet another season. I don't mean "drawing" it out. I mean, bury it already.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Fall TV season starts this week. You may be missing things already! new [Re: Toe-Knee]
#314404 - 09/12/13 04:21 AM

> I'm going to check out the new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. so I hope that's good. I'm a
> superhero fan and enjoyed Arrow last after 1 season. Let's see what they bring to the
> table this season.

I've heard there will be a shortage of "super" on the show, but it gets a shot.

There are 2 new sf/fantasy offerings on Fox. One is an obvious failure, the other will be cancelled prematurely. Even though they're using Bones to lure viewers.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Southcliffe and Big School... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#314407 - 09/12/13 04:43 AM

I hope I'm wrong about this but all the previews I've seen for Haven have been old ones. It looks like they are just going to re-show it as new. I though maybe because Kings name is on it and Under the Dome did pretty well on network over the summer...

Also, wasn't Supernatural already on BBCA a couple years back? Or am I thinking of a different show? Not the dinosaur one.

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Southcliffe and Big School... new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#314409 - 09/12/13 05:03 AM

> I hope I'm wrong about this but all the previews I've seen for Haven have been old
> ones. It looks like they are just going to re-show it as new. I though maybe because
> Kings name is on it and Under the Dome did pretty well on network over the summer...
>
> Also, wasn't Supernatural already on BBCA a couple years back? Or am I thinking of a
> different show? Not the dinosaur one.

Different show entirely. From the BBC might be (no, not Torchwood, that's "the dinosaur one")... Being Human? Three supernatural beings living together.

That one was at least partly on BBCA. They changed the cast, killed most everyone, and it went away. The US version, which deviated quite a bit after the first season (notably an entirely different werewolf pregnancy mythos) was back for a bit a couple months ago.

There's a US Torchwood now, too, if it resurfaces.

There was also, hmm, Bedlam? Orphan Black. Hex. Oh, In the Flesh! That was a bunch of ghost-killing shenanigans.

Hmm, it's on the site, but I don't recall ever actually seeing Sherlock.

Supernatural is 9 seasons of Sam & Dean Winchester breaking up, dying, escaping hell, getting back together, and repeating. Is it 9 now? Maybe this is season 9 just coming up.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#314422 - 09/12/13 06:49 AM

The only thing I really want to see is season 2 of Orphan Black, which doesn't start until April 2014.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#314423 - 09/12/13 06:59 AM

> There's a US Torchwood now, too, if it resurfaces.

Eh? Miracle Day was a one-off as far as I've heard. Although they are broadcasting it for the first time on BBC America soon, I think. It played on Starz in the US, originally.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Southcliffe and Big School... new [Re: DMala]
#314428 - 09/12/13 10:32 AM

> > There's a US Torchwood now, too, if it resurfaces.
>
> Eh? Miracle Day was a one-off as far as I've heard. Although they are broadcasting it
> for the first time on BBC America soon, I think. It played on Starz in the US,
> originally.

Haven't seen MD yet. Oh, wait, Torchwood is that one, not the one I was thinking of.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#314430 - 09/12/13 03:57 PM

I've always enjoyed supernatural and I'm looking forward to another season. To each his own

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Droid
from the Void
Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Netherlands
Send PM

Re: Southcliffe and Big School... new [Re: URherenow]
#314439 - 09/12/13 10:18 PM

Looking forward to Person of Interest!

Edited by Droid (09/12/13 10:19 PM)

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Loc: The Black
Send PM

Dinosaur one = Primeval (and the US spinoff) perhaps? new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#314440 - 09/12/13 11:09 PM

> I hope I'm wrong about this but all the previews I've seen for Haven have been old
> ones. It looks like they are just going to re-show it as new. I though maybe because
> Kings name is on it and Under the Dome did pretty well on network over the summer...
>
> Also, wasn't Supernatural already on BBCA a couple years back? Or am I thinking of a
> different show? Not the dinosaur one.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Dinosaur one = Primeval (and the US spinoff) perhaps? new [Re: dfrance]
#314441 - 09/12/13 11:54 PM

> > I hope I'm wrong about this but all the previews I've seen for Haven have been old
> > ones. It looks like they are just going to re-show it as new. I though maybe
> because
> > Kings name is on it and Under the Dome did pretty well on network over the
> summer...
> >
> > Also, wasn't Supernatural already on BBCA a couple years back? Or am I thinking of
> a
> > different show? Not the dinosaur one.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. US = Primeval: New World.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1323