Pages: 1

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

PS3 Daytona USA Odometer image burns into my LED TV screen [nt]
#312565 - 08/08/13 08:28 AM

edit: 'Burns into' might not be right, but it lingers. I have to shut my T.V. off for a while to get it to ......go away.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (08/08/13 08:29 AM)

LEVEL-4

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: PS3 Daytona USA Odometer image burns into my LED TV screen [nt] new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#312583 - 08/08/13 03:49 PM

> edit: 'Burns into' might not be right, but it lingers. I have to shut my T.V. off for
> a while to get it to ......go away.

Yikes, I didn't think LED TVs did that. I have a plasma, which are supposed to be prone to that, but the only time I've noticed it was during the World Series, when the little logo in the upper right hung around for 30 seconds or so after I changed the channel. I just got a new LED, I figured it wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Waremonger
Reged: 01/18/05
Send PM

Re: PS3 Daytona USA Odometer image burns into my LED TV screen [nt] new [Re: DMala]
#312604 - 08/08/13 11:41 PM

> > edit: 'Burns into' might not be right, but it lingers. I have to shut my T.V. off
> for
> > a while to get it to ......go away.
>
> Yikes, I didn't think LED TVs did that. I have a plasma, which are supposed to be
> prone to that, but the only time I've noticed it was during the World Series, when
> the little logo in the upper right hung around for 30 seconds or so after I changed
> the channel. I just got a new LED, I figured it wouldn't be a problem anymore.

I've never seen an LED TV get burn in. We have an LED TV at work that sometimes will sit with the same static image for over 24 hours and it doesn't get burn in. I think maybe Tomu meant a Plasma display and not LED.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: PS3 Daytona USA Odometer image burns into my LED TV screen [nt] new [Re: Waremonger]
#312618 - 08/09/13 02:44 AM

> > > edit: 'Burns into' might not be right, but it lingers. I have to shut my T.V. off
> > for
> > > a while to get it to ......go away.
> >
> > Yikes, I didn't think LED TVs did that. I have a plasma, which are supposed to be
> > prone to that, but the only time I've noticed it was during the World Series, when
> > the little logo in the upper right hung around for 30 seconds or so after I changed
> > the channel. I just got a new LED, I figured it wouldn't be a problem anymore.
>
> I've never seen an LED TV get burn in. We have an LED TV at work that sometimes will
> sit with the same static image for over 24 hours and it doesn't get burn in. I think
> maybe Tomu meant a Plasma display and not LED.

Nah, One of my shitty Dell work LCDs gets burn-in from the windows passwords screen. It's not the same as tube burn-in, but it does happen.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: PS3 Daytona USA Odometer image burns into my LED TV screen new [Re: italie]
#312632 - 08/09/13 07:46 AM

> > maybe Tomu meant a Plasma display and not LED.
>
> Nah, One of my shitty Dell work LCDs gets burn-in from the windows passwords screen.
> It's not the same as tube burn-in, but it does happen.

It's this model/brand of TV...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung---32...p;skuId=5605904

I dunno if it'd be considered 'shitty'...

It's weird (I guess) because that's the only game this seems to happens with (if it could happen with another game - then I haven't played it yet). "Burn in"? (yeah, a more technical term could've been used here).... As I mentioned - the image lingers. If I play another game or exit out to the PS3 menu - where the tachometer arc and numbers were - those pixels are brighter.

LEVEL-4

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Re: PS3 Daytona USA Odometer image burns into my LED TV screen new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#312633 - 08/09/13 08:00 AM

> It's weird (I guess) because that's the only game this seems to happens with (if it
> could happen with another game - then I haven't played it yet). "Burn in"? (yeah, a
> more technical term could've been used here).... As I mentioned - the image lingers.
> If I play another game or exit out to the PS3 menu - where the tachometer arc and
> numbers were - those pixels are brighter.

You can supposedly fix this kind of issue by flashing black and white frames alternatively for half an hour or so.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: PS3 Daytona USA Odometer image burns into my LED TV screen new [Re: Matty_]
#312643 - 08/09/13 05:35 PM

> > It's weird (I guess) because that's the only game this seems to happens with (if it
> > could happen with another game - then I haven't played it yet). "Burn in"? (yeah, a
> > more technical term could've been used here).... As I mentioned - the image
> lingers.
> > If I play another game or exit out to the PS3 menu - where the tachometer arc and
> > numbers were - those pixels are brighter.
>
> You can supposedly fix this kind of issue by flashing black and white frames
> alternatively for half an hour or so.

I've heard "looping Pixar movies" as well, because of the highly saturated colors.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

HDMI cable FTW [nt] new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#313008 - 08/16/13 09:33 PM

it gone lol

LEVEL-4

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 472 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1787