View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

metal321
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/27/13
Send PM

MAME Tempest Crash
#312047 - 07/27/13 02:22 PM

I've tried a number of different versions of MAME and I've also tried different ROM's for Tempest and no matter what I try the game always stops after I start playing the red sets. I might be able able to play four or five screens into it but eventually the current game I am playing stops and it goes back to the start screen for Tempest. My OS is Windows 7-64. I've tried a 64 bit version of MAME as well as MAME32 with the same results. Any ideas for why this is happening?

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

Re: MAME Tempest Crash new [Re: metal321]
#312049 - 07/27/13 03:19 PM

Hello Metal321. Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately I checked all Tempest sets and I cannot see the crash you speak of. You may have bad sets.Are you using the current version of MAME?

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

metal321
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/27/13
Send PM

Re: MAME Tempest Crash new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#312050 - 07/27/13 03:46 PM

Yeah, I am using the latest version. I was wondering if it could have something to do with Radeon video card in my HP laptop. My Laptop is less than two years old.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#312053 - 07/27/13 04:02 PM

> I've tried a number of different versions of MAME and I've also tried different ROM's
> for Tempest and no matter what I try the game always stops after I start playing the
> red sets. I might be able able to play four or five screens into it but eventually
> the current game I am playing stops and it goes back to the start screen for Tempest.
> My OS is Windows 7-64. I've tried a 64 bit version of MAME as well as MAME32 with the
> same results. Any ideas for why this is happening?

What version of MAME are you playing? That was an issue many years ago with the game's copy protection but it should be correct in current 0.149u1.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

#312054 - 07/27/13 04:05 PM

Perhaps but Im not entirely sure. Although when I was playing Mame on my windows 8 I had all sorts of problems with MAME like flickering and graphic and color problems until I realized I had to update DirectX. Maybe something has to be updated like a driver or your directX. Try that if you havent already.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#312055 - 07/27/13 04:07 PM

A couple of things to check 1st...

It's most likely something on your laptop if no one else is reporting it(check mametesters?) Updated drivers on it lately? Do any of the other vector games do that?

Later...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Kombalar
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/03/12
Send PM

Re: MAME Tempest Crash new [Re: R. Belmont]
#312206 - 07/30/13 04:01 AM

Yep... verified here from a longtime Tempest fanatic. Crashes in 0.149u1 (MAMEUIFX).

Crashed today on me (about 153.000 points, level 20). It looked like it made a "self-reset" or something.

My arcade gameplay videos:

Atari Gravitar fully completed
Atari Star Wars Longplay
Atari Battle Zone Longplay
Atari Space Duel Longplay

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: MAME Tempest Crash new [Re: Kombalar]
#312219 - 07/30/13 12:15 PM

> Yep... verified here from a longtime Tempest fanatic. Crashes in 0.149u1 (MAMEUIFX).
>
> Crashed today on me (about 153.000 points, level 20). It looked like it made a
> "self-reset" or something.

MAMEUI, MAMEUIFX and other such derivatives are not supported here. Please confirm in baseline MAME.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#312748 - 08/12/13 05:06 PM

> I've tried a number of different versions of MAME and I've also tried different ROM's
> for Tempest and no matter what I try the game always stops after I start playing the
> red sets. I might be able able to play four or five screens into it but eventually
> the current game I am playing stops and it goes back to the start screen for Tempest.
> My OS is Windows 7-64. I've tried a 64 bit version of MAME as well as MAME32 with the
> same results. Any ideas for why this is happening?

I spent some time testing this with various settings (making sure HLSL or other video setting wasn't causing issues) and was able to reproduce it with nearly 100% accuracy thanks to save states. I'll see this is added to MT soon.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 364 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1865