MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SatoXa
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/23/13
Send PM

Can't figure out clrmamepro dat files for flyers and screenshots
#311853 - 07/23/13 10:03 PM

I've been meaning to download some flyers or snapshots for use with IV/Play, and on progetto snaps I see a large amount of seperate files filled with them (which would take a while to download and would be a hassle) and some clrmamepro dat files. I've used clrmamepro before for the roms, but not for downloading flyers/snaps. Can anyone help me figure out what to do with this? Sorry if it sounds like a completely stupid question...

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Can't figure out clrmamepro dat files for flyers and screenshots new [Re: SatoXa]
#311854 - 07/23/13 10:13 PM

You use the profiler to open a dat file instead of creating one with mame.exe's output then point it to your flyers etc. folder for "roms" then scan as usual, it will look for flyers/flyers.zip. But it is a bit of a hassle and that will probably never change.

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: Can't figure out clrmamepro dat files for flyers and screenshots new [Re: Smitdogg]
#311856 - 07/23/13 10:29 PM

simply keep the storing methods in mind

rompatjh/setname/file 1...n for decompressed sets
rompath/setname.zip (or rar or 7z) for compressed sets where the archive holds file 1..n

so look at the dat to see how the sets are organzied and you know how to set the rompath correctly

SatoXa
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/23/13
Send PM

Re: Can't figure out clrmamepro dat files for flyers and screenshots new [Re: Smitdogg]
#311869 - 07/24/13 12:51 AM

> You use the profiler to open a dat file instead of creating one with mame.exe's
> output then point it to your flyers etc. folder for "roms" then scan as usual, it
> will look for flyers/flyers.zip. But it is a bit of a hassle and that will probably
> never change.

So I have to set my ROM directory to my flyers folder after setting up the DATfile, then scan and it should download them? I just tried this, it scans for a second, tells me I have nothing there (duh) then that's it. What do I do now?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Can't figure out clrmamepro dat files for flyers and screenshots new [Re: SatoXa]
#311870 - 07/24/13 01:04 AM

Well you could start with one of the downloaded zips in there as flyers.zip then it would have something to scan. One of the problems is usually the horrible speeds you have to deal with with unzipping and rezipping huge already compressed flyers (it shouldn't be using a zip at all for anything other than snaps), 7zip is just full retard slow for jack of a space gain, and no nothing is going to download itself. I only update my images 1-2 times a year because it sucks.

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

#311886 - 07/24/13 06:58 AM

read my earlier post. you did not setup your rompath correctly.
lets assume the set in the dat is named flyers and you store them compressed as flyers.zip then your rompath is the folder where this zip file is in. if you store them as single decompressed png or jpg files you need to keep them in a folder flyers and again your rompath is the parent folder of that flyers folder.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 505 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2494