TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Zimmerman Trial Skype Bombing new [Re: Gor]
#311062 - 07/04/13 01:27 AM

"No, your honor, I just don't know how to work this thing."

The only evidence I've heard *against* him is the 911 call, where he was told that they "didn't need" for him to follow the person.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Re: Zimmerman Trial Skype Bombing new [Re: TriggerFin]
#311063 - 07/04/13 01:28 AM

> "No, your honor, I just don't know how to work this thing."
>
> The only evidence I've heard *against* him is the 911 call, where he was told that
> they "didn't need" for him to follow the person.

So the fact that he killed an unarmed teenager isn't evidence against him? Fuck trigger-happy America.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Zimmerman Trial Skype Bombing new [Re: Matty_]
#311068 - 07/04/13 02:47 AM

> > "No, your honor, I just don't know how to work this thing."
> >
> > The only evidence I've heard *against* him is the 911 call, where he was told that
> > they "didn't need" for him to follow the person.
>
> So the fact that he killed an unarmed teenager isn't evidence against him? Fuck
> trigger-happy America.

So, you would just let the guy beat you to death, because he isn't using a weapon? Sounds like a great plan.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Send PM

#311069 - 07/04/13 03:00 AM

> > So the fact that he killed an unarmed teenager isn't evidence against him? Fuck
> > trigger-happy America.
>
> So, you would just let the guy beat you to death, because he isn't using a weapon?
> Sounds like a great plan.

I still haven't seen any evidence that Martin attacked him first. Zimmerman got out of his car, chased Martin, and initiated the confrontation that ended in Martin's death. Zimmerman had a history of aggressive behaviour, including assaulting a police officer and domestic violence. I really don't buy the self-defence story.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#311070 - 07/04/13 04:05 AM

These are the people who have the power to decide your fate...

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#311072 - 07/04/13 04:39 AM

The new troll face?

LEVEL-4

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#311082 - 07/04/13 11:00 AM

> > > So the fact that he killed an unarmed teenager isn't evidence against him? Fuck
> > > trigger-happy America.
> >
> > So, you would just let the guy beat you to death, because he isn't using a weapon?
> > Sounds like a great plan.
>
> I still haven't seen any evidence that Martin attacked him first. Zimmerman got out
> of his car, chased Martin, and initiated the confrontation that ended in Martin's
> death.

Like I said, have you seen any actual evidence of that? "Initiated the confrontation" is rather different than "attacked." Following him initiates the confrontation.

The source I heard -calling him guilty for having loaded his gun- said M hid from Z, who was following him, and jumped him, not knowing he had said gun. then the idiot radio guy presented the audio from the call.

Now go back, look at my post. I said "the only evidence I've heard..." because, in fact, that WAS the only thing I've heard of the case AT ALL. Even in this thread, the video contains no information during the portion of it I could stand to watch.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Send PM

#311100 - 07/05/13 01:42 AM

> Like I said, have you seen any actual evidence of that? "Initiated the confrontation"
> is rather different than "attacked." Following him initiates the confrontation.

Well assuming M threw the first punch, from his point of view he was defending himself against some psycho who was chasing him through the neighbourhood he was staying in temporarily. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, why are you so sure it was an "attack" as such?

> The source I heard -calling him guilty for having loaded his gun- said M hid from Z,
> who was following him, and jumped him, not knowing he had said gun. then the idiot
> radio guy presented the audio from the call.

Sure, loading his gun doesn't automatically make him guilty. But see above: "jumping" some psycho who's chasing you for no apparent reason sounds a lot like a defensive move to me.

> Now go back, look at my post. I said "the only evidence I've heard..." because, in
> fact, that WAS the only thing I've heard of the case AT ALL. Even in this thread, the
> video contains no information during the portion of it I could stand to watch.

I still consider the dead body of an unarmed teenage to be evidence against him. It's awfully convenient that dead men tell no tales. If you want to go down the path of accepting the self defence argument in the absence of bulletproof evidence to the contrary, you end up with a situation where the best course of action in a situation where you may be in the wrong is to kill the other guy so you can claim self defence and walk free.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#311195 - 07/07/13 05:22 PM

The burden of proof does now, always has been, and always will, lie with the prosecution. He doesn't have to prove it was self defense, they have to prove that it wasn't.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

NOT GUILTY new [Re: URherenow]
#311491 - 07/14/13 04:19 AM

Now to see what happens from here.

https://plus.google.com/105956749420987166455/posts/UAEeUA5ZA6m

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: NOT GUILTY new [Re: Qun Mang]
#311493 - 07/14/13 05:04 AM

> Now to see what happens from here.
>
> https://plus.google.com/105956749420987166455/posts/UAEeUA5ZA6m

I'm a little surprised, I figured he'd get the lesser manslaughter charge. Hopefully the ugly fallout from this is not widespread.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#311494 - 07/14/13 05:20 AM

I hope they put up their hurricane shutters in Sanford.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#311495 - 07/14/13 06:26 AM

> Now to see what happens from here.
>
> https://plus.google.com/105956749420987166455/posts/UAEeUA5ZA6m

He'll have to make himself scarce, like Casey Anthony.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 371 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2947