View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Elapido
Lurker
Reged: 04/10/04
Send PM

Question / suggestion: screen alignment
#310708 - 06/23/13 10:49 PM

I don't know if this is possible. If it's not, then please consider it a suggestion. I've been looking at mame.ini and the video options in the in-game menu and I have not found a way to decide if the 4:3 image displayed on my 16:9 screen appears centered, aligned to the left or to the right. This may seem useless, but it's not, specially for rotating monitors, in which you can have the game screen sitting at the bottom and not with margins on both sides.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Question / suggestion: screen alignment new [Re: Elapido]
#310724 - 06/24/13 04:43 AM

Go to tab/slider controls.

Elapido
Lurker
Send PM

Re: Question / suggestion: screen alignment new [Re: Smitdogg]
#310733 - 06/24/13 07:44 AM

Thanx. I've been able to do the setup for one game, by setting keep aspect 0 in mame.ini and then in the slider menus: hor. stretch 0.750 and hor. position: -0.125. If I open the game.cfg file I can read:

Then I try copying that to default.cfg, so that all games are affected, but the values are ignored and deleted when loading any game. Any idea?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#310734 - 06/24/13 07:54 AM

I can't see anything for your game.cfg here. Just a blank space. I have never tried this type of save before though like this. From reading other people's posts, you can change sliders then make a save state, then when you boot a game and load the save state it will have them. That's about all I can think of at the moment.

Elapido
Lurker
Send PM

Re: Question / suggestion: screen alignment new [Re: Smitdogg]
#310746 - 06/24/13 02:24 PM

It seems the forum is hiding the code. Now, hide this if you can! hohoho

The solution you propose is not acceptable. I would have to do it for every game! If this cannot be done from default.cfg... maybe I could make a script to automate the making/editing of every game's cfg with that code.

grog
Reged: 09/06/11
Send PM

#310755 - 06/24/13 05:31 PM Attachment: mame config-o-matic.zip 6 KB (4 downloads)

you might find the attached program useful...

(you would need to edit all of the generated files though to add your video data, but i expect there is a batch way to do it all in one go .. eg. i expect the free program called 'textcrawler' could probably do it)

edit: i had go at it. you would need to run the mame config-o-matic first, generate all of your .cfg files

then in textcrawler, for all the files in your cfg folder, search for:

Edited by grog (06/24/13 06:11 PM)

Elapido
Lurker
Send PM

Re: Question / suggestion: screen alignment new [Re: grog]
#310760 - 06/24/13 06:46 PM

Thanx a lot. That's a quick and easy solution. It's a shame, however, that we have to create thousands of .cfg files for something that could be controlled with just one file.

grog
Reged: 09/06/11
Send PM

#310774 - 06/25/13 12:16 AM

> Thanx a lot. That's a quick and easy solution. It's a shame, however, that we have to
> create thousands of .cfg files for something that could be controlled with just one
> file.

you will get the added advantage that having those 10,000 .cfg files in your .cfg folder, you wont see the 'type ok to continue' mame startup message anymore.

anyway i feel your pain because i have to use 10,000+ .lay files in the artwork folder even though they all do exactly the same thing, but (as far as i know) you cant just have one 'default' .lay file in the artwork folder to be applied to all games.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1492