Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

He'll Be Back
#310459 - 06/17/13 05:42 PM

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/14/arnie_set_for_yet_another_comeback/

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: He'll Be Back new [Re: Andrew]
#310463 - 06/17/13 08:09 PM

I love Arnie and love that "he's back" but unless they are going to do radical anti-aging effects on every frame, I don't know about the T5 idea. Was his machine type supposed to have human aging faking technology on the skin? Otherwise he's too old. And frankly I'd rather see The Sarah Conner Chronicles picked back up and have him play some recurring role on that, like some human from the future that they based the original terminator machine on.

The Twins sequel will be great I'm sure.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: He'll Be Back new [Re: Smitdogg]
#310467 - 06/17/13 10:00 PM

> I love Arnie and love that "he's back" but unless they are going to do radical
> anti-aging effects on every frame, I don't know about the T5 idea. Was his machine
> type supposed to have human aging faking technology on the skin? Otherwise he's too
> old.

They going to put his head on another fake body. Fans going get piss off again. Unless he going to play as an old human this time around making robots. LOL

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#310469 - 06/17/13 10:10 PM

> I love Arnie and love that "he's back" but unless they are going to do radical
> anti-aging effects on every frame, I don't know about the T5 idea. Was his machine
> type supposed to have human aging faking technology on the skin? Otherwise he's too
> old. And frankly I'd rather see The Sarah Conner Chronicles picked back up and have
> him play some recurring role on that, like some human from the future that they based
> the original terminator machine on.

That's kind of already been done in a cringe worthy deleted scene from Terminator 3. In a Cyber Research Systems promotional video, you see a soldier played by Schwarzenegger, but speaking in a thick Texas accent. Later on you see an executive speaking in Arnold's voice and accent.

> The Twins sequel will be great I'm sure.

Even better, Eddie Murphy is attached according to IMDB. Presumably as the third sibling, because you know that joke has never been done before.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: He'll Be Back new [Re: DMala]
#310471 - 06/17/13 10:14 PM

I've seen T3. I'm just expecting the reverse aging tech has improved since, but who knows. Faces have definitely been seemingly the most difficult thing to fake in "CGI" or whatever the proper term is.

I'm not trying to call Twins or the sequel something never done before, just saying I enjoyed the original and want a sequel. Tons of cheese but Arnie cheese is the best cheese.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#310493 - 06/18/13 07:12 AM

> I'm not trying to call Twins or the sequel something never done before, just saying I
> enjoyed the original and want a sequel. Tons of cheese but Arnie cheese is the best
> cheese.

Hah, I thought you were being sarcastic. Twins was OK for what it was, and it was the first to cast Arnold against type, but I really don't think a sequel 25 years after the fact is really warranted. If it's anything better than utter dreck I'll be completely amazed.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: He'll Be Back new [Re: DMala]
#310496 - 06/18/13 02:42 PM

There are people who like Arnie for Arnie and people who just want to see his action scenes. The latter will probably be mildly disappointed in all his new movies, just like with The Last Stand.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 271 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1530