View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Classic Gamer
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/14/13
Send PM

2nd Player Joystick (Logitech gamepad F310) Not Working
#310237 - 06/14/13 12:58 AM

I purchase a Logitech gamepad F310 controller and I was able to setup the input (this game) for the joystick P1. A couple days ago I purchase another Logitech gamepad F310 controller to use as the second player joystick P2. I went to the setup the input (this game) for the second player but have problems recognizing the buttons and directional keys to the controller.

I have tried different versions (0.103.2, 0.132, 0.144 Final, 0.147, 0.149) of MAMEUIFX emulators thinking it could be an issue with that particular version of the emulator but it did not work. I do have a checkmark in Enable Joystick Input under Default Games Options settings. Everything else is left in the default settings.

My computer does recognize both of the controllers and I have been able to use both of them in other emulator systems without a problem except MAMEUIFX.

In addition, I have downloaded and install the mameui v0.148 for the 32 Bit OS type I have on my desktop.

Desktop info:
Windows 7 32-Bit
3 GB RAM
Intel Pentium 2.81 Ghz processor

However, I am still having an issue with the 2nd player controller. I am able to configure the 1st player input for the game yet I cannot do the same for the 2nd player.

I decided to download and install the mameui v.149 64-bit version since I have a notebook which is a 64 Bit OS type.

Notebook info:
Windows Vista 64-BIT
4 GB RAM
Intel Core Duo 2.00 Ghz processor

Also, couldn’t configure the 2nd player controller and still confuse to be honest in how to configure it. It was suggested by another person to post this problem on EmuChat forums.

Thanks in advance for any help/information.

Classic Gamer

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: 2nd Player Joystick (Logitech gamepad F310) Not Working new [Re: Classic Gamer]
#310266 - 06/14/13 03:30 PM

For the F310, make sure both controllers have the X/D switch on D. MAME doesn't support XInput yet.

Classic Gamer
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 2nd Player Joystick (Logitech gamepad F310) Not Working new [Re: R. Belmont]
#310301 - 06/15/13 04:17 PM

Hello R. Belmont,

I try changing it to “D” as suggested yet it didn’t fix the problem. Also, I attempted to create a Logitech profiler in an attempt to fix the problem but no such luck. Any other thoughts or ideas are appreciated it.

Thanks,

Classic Gamer

grog
Reged: 09/06/11
Send PM

Re: 2nd Player Joystick (Logitech gamepad F310) Not Working new [Re: Classic Gamer]
#310302 - 06/15/13 05:09 PM

i imagine you've already tried pressing the 'mode' button on the front of the controller also, but that makes no difference either?
ps. i havnt used these joypads or know about them.. do they work with default windows drivers or must you install the logitech drivers? if they work with either, try them with both

Classic Gamer
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 2nd Player Joystick (Logitech gamepad F310) Not Working new [Re: grog]
#310649 - 06/21/13 11:20 PM

Hello Grog,

The mode button for the controller allows the player to change from the directional pad to left analog joystick and vice-versa.

In addition, I have tried to use the software provided by Logitech to setup a profile mapping for the controllers yet no such luck. The 1st player will work fine but the 2nd player will not respond. I will try again and if I resolve the issue then I will let everybody know. Thanks for the help everyone and any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Classic Gamer

Biafra Republic
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/26/07
Send PM

#310670 - 06/22/13 10:56 AM

You could possibly be hitting USB bandwidth limitations, especially if you are using multiple USB devices. Try unplugging everything, then re-plugging only your controllers. If that fails to work with MAME, then the next step is to check and see if the suspect controller can run a non-MAME game/emulator/app even in D mode.

Classic Gamer
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 2nd Player Joystick Not Working - Problem Solved new [Re: Biafra Republic]
#311463 - 07/13/13 01:41 AM

Hello Biafra Republic,

I took your advice and was able to figure it out. I turn off the computer and plug each controller one by one into the USB ports and I was able to play with both of the controllers.

It took a couple of trial and error attempts but it did finally work. I could only configure the 2nd player game input using the 1st player controller.

In addition, I realize that by default many of the 2nd player input configurations was identical to the 1st player, therefore I had to make sure they were different or else the same button would be use by both of the controllers.

PS: I have only attempted this solution for the MAMEUIFX versions and not the official MameUI version. I am going to attempt this on the official version to make sure there are no issues.

Thanks everybody for your tips along with suggestions.

Classic Gamer

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: 2nd Player Joystick Not Working - Problem Solved new [Re: Classic Gamer]
#311464 - 07/13/13 03:28 AM

> PS: I have only attempted this solution for the MAMEUIFX versions and not the
> official MameUI version. I am going to attempt this on the official version to make
> sure there are no issues.

MAMEUI is no more official than MAMEUIFX. The only official version is plain command-line MAME.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 564 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4394