Pages: 1

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Oh no!
#309493 - 05/29/13 04:32 AM

"New" Syfy show, "Weird or What," just told me the Mayans have predicted that Yellowstone is going to erupt and destroy the world last year. What should I do?

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Oh no! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#309496 - 05/29/13 04:52 AM

> "New" Syfy show, "Weird or What," just told me the Mayans have predicted that
> Yellowstone is going to erupt and destroy the world last year. What should I do?

Well, you're a little late, but if you could start burning and bury yourself in ash it would probably help to alleviate some of the awkward stares you've been getting for the last year or so.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Oh no! new [Re: DMala]
#309507 - 05/29/13 06:15 AM

> > "New" Syfy show, "Weird or What," just told me the Mayans have predicted that
> > Yellowstone is going to erupt and destroy the world last year. What should I do?
>
> Well, you're a little late, but if you could start burning and bury yourself in ash
> it would probably help to alleviate some of the awkward stares you've been getting
> for the last year or so.

What do you mean, late? The show just aired for the first time tonight!

Then there was something about planet-sized UFOs diving into the sun and creating sunspots, and then I turned it off.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#309511 - 05/29/13 08:08 AM

> What do you mean, late? The show just aired for the first time tonight!

The joke was that the volcano erupted on time, as predicted, and you somehow failed to notice or react appropriately. Nevermind, it was weak sauce anyway.

> Then there was something about planet-sized UFOs diving into the sun and creating
> sunspots, and then I turned it off.

Yeah, I watched an episode recently, mostly because of Shatner. It was a lot of rehashing the same tired old paranormal BS. The only thing it had going for it was it offered a scientific counter point to the nutbar theories for each segment.

Not sure why Shatner would take a gig like that. I can't imagine he needs the money that badly at this point. Maybe he owed someone a favor?

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#309520 - 05/29/13 03:28 PM

> "New" Syfy show, "Weird or What," just told me the Mayans have predicted that
> Yellowstone is going to erupt and destroy the world last year. What should I do?

We got that episode years ago in Australia. Are you sure you aren't in a time anomaly posting from the past?

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Oh no! new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#309547 - 05/30/13 02:36 AM

> > "New" Syfy show, "Weird or What," just told me the Mayans have predicted that
> > Yellowstone is going to erupt and destroy the world last year. What should I do?
>
> We got that episode years ago in Australia. Are you sure you aren't in a time anomaly
> posting from the past?

This was the season finale of the first season. They probably saved it for last because it was expired material, where most of the other BS in the show didn't have a date attached.

Of course, Syfy also hasn't admitted that "Lost Girl" wasn't new. "Continuum" is probably old, too.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

#309556 - 05/30/13 02:09 PM

> > > "New" Syfy show, "Weird or What," just told me the Mayans have predicted that
> > > Yellowstone is going to erupt and destroy the world last year. What should I do?
> >
> > We got that episode years ago in Australia. Are you sure you aren't in a time
> anomaly
> > posting from the past?
>
> This was the season finale of the first season. They probably saved it for last
> because it was expired material, where most of the other BS in the show didn't have a
> date attached.
>
> Of course, Syfy also hasn't admitted that "Lost Girl" wasn't new. "Continuum" is
> probably old, too.

Syfy is about a season behind on Continuum (I believe it's a Sky One show). Is Lost Girl a Sky One show as well, or is it BBC or ITV?

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Oh no! new [Re: igamabob]
#309595 - 05/31/13 04:30 AM

> Syfy is about a season behind on Continuum (I believe it's a Sky One show). Is Lost
> Girl a Sky One show as well, or is it BBC or ITV?

Pretty sure it comes from Canada, but I really don't know. the credits to all shows tend to run fast-forward, and often not in the original formats. I found its status as not actually a "Syfy Original" program when I tried to track down an episode I'd missed. None were available on the website, and [place where episodes can be found] said it was 2 years old.

That BBC dino-wormhole series (Primeval?) is about to start a ":Something" season on Syfy within the next couple weeks. The few lines of dialogue in the promos run counter to what I've seen at the end of the run on BBCA, where they had quite a menagerie until the future-beasts with brain-chips thing happened.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 99 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1139