MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Spiraly rainbow'y image burned into my vision!?
#309462 - 05/28/13 04:38 PM

You know when you look at a bright light, then look away and can still see the image (even more-so if you close your eyes)?

That's what I seen, but this was triangle shapes spiraling outward in a counter clockwise direction. It started out small and lower/right of my center of vision. It seems to have grown... Probably/mostly faded as I type this post. But it was pretty intense at first! (10 minutes later - I can't see it).

This has happened 2 other times before, and that was when I was looking at an LCD monitor. One was like a zig-zag in a circle (star with many, many points?), another was either lines or squares.

The best way I can describe the colors? Click the link below. But what I could see had very sharp and defined shapes.

http://s871.photobucket.com/user/ANNNNNN...?sort=3&o=8

Sorry if you experience any eye bleeding.

Has anybody else had anything like this happen?

Those who have experienced this via psychedelics need not reply, but I know I can't stop ya.

LEVEL-4

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: Spiraly rainbow'y image burned into my vision!? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#309465 - 05/28/13 04:59 PM

Quote:

Those who have experienced this via psychedelics need not reply, but I know I can't stop ya

THIS is what it usually looks like when you're on psychedelics (LSD mostly)

Anyway, I get a similar experience in my eye(s) when I'm about to get a migraine headache. Either the over saturation of colors in the corners of my eyes, or sometimes it's just blurry/fuzzy. Usually about an hour or so before a migraine fully hits me.

I've got extremely photosensitive eyes to sunlight. If I step outside on a bright sunny day, my vision becomes almost completely white, my eyes try to force shut and my head will slowly start hurting more and more the longer I go without sunglasses. After about 5 minutes or so it's unbearable. Probably related to my history with migraines.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#309467 - 05/28/13 05:22 PM

> You know when you look at a bright light, then look away and can still see the image
> (even more-so if you close your eyes)?
>
> That's what I seen, but this was triangle shapes spiraling outward in a counter
> clockwise direction. It started out small and lower/right of my center of vision. It
> seems to have grown... Probably/mostly faded as I type this post. But it was pretty
> intense at first! (10 minutes later - I can't see it).
>
> This has happened 2 other times before, and that was when I was looking at an LCD
> monitor. One was like a zig-zag in a circle (star with many, many points?), another
> was either lines or squares.
>
> The best way I can describe the colors? Click the link below. But what I could see
> had very sharp and defined shapes.
>
> http://s871.photobucket.com/user/ANNNNNN...?sort=3&o=8
>
> Sorry if you experience any eye bleeding.
>
>
> Has anybody else had anything like this happen?
>
> Those who have experienced this via psychedelics need not reply, but I know I can't
> stop ya.

Sounds like an ocular migraine. I've never had one, but my wife and a friend of mine both get them from time to time.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Kind of hurting my eyes. new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#309472 - 05/28/13 07:57 PM

I do see two people kissing in that rainbow.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Spiraly rainbow'y image burned into my vision!? new [Re: DMala]
#309474 - 05/28/13 08:08 PM

> Sounds like an ocular migraine. I've never had one, but my wife and a friend of mine
> both get them from time to time.

Quote:

Ocular migraines are painless, temporary visual disturbances that can affect one or both eyes. Though they can be frightening, ocular migraines typically are harmless and self-resolve without medication within 20 to 30 minutes.

That sounds exactly like these were. Also, the pic it provided is accurate too -shape wise. Although, I wouldn't say the area where I could see the afterimage was blurry, it was just as if I had looked at something really bright, and the lingering image seemed to cycle through colors.

LEVEL-4

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Kind of hurting my eyes. new [Re: Dullaron]
#309476 - 05/28/13 08:10 PM

> I do see two people kissing in that rainbow.

Ah, which would explain why it's titled 'Acid Kiss'.

I didn't care to stare at it long enough to figure out what it was.

LEVEL-4

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

#309529 - 05/29/13 05:00 PM

go see an optometrist. you probably don't want to fuck around with this kind of thing, and it's something that a doctor might be very familiar with that's not obvious to someone experiencing it for the first time.

or you can do what i do - research it online and start worrying about all the increasing worse conditions you uncover.

i learned everything i know from KC

amused
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/24/08
Send PM

Re: Spiraly rainbow'y image burned into my vision!? new [Re: jopezu]
#309677 - 06/02/13 08:41 AM

> or you can do what i do - research it online

Preferably not using an LCD monitor.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Spiraly rainbow'y image burned into my vision!? new [Re: jopezu]
#309678 - 06/02/13 08:44 AM

> or you can do what i do - research it online and start worrying about all the
> increasing worse conditions you uncover.

Holy Shit. Just read your post, and now I might have syphilis. thanks.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 455 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1448