MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

If you only see one movie this summer...
#309433 - 05/28/13 05:50 AM

... you need to get out more, because I saw TWO movies this one weekend alone.

Hangover III... I went to it against my will... I expected it to be a rehash of the same formular from I and II... and was pleasantly surprised... decent story. Thanks you for not doing the whole formula over again... "What the hell happened last night?"

Star Trek... I liked this one too. Makes me want to re-watch all the old Star Trek stuff looking for errors in history about Kahn etc.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: If you only see one movie this summer... new [Re: GatKong]
#309435 - 05/28/13 05:56 AM

That's surprising because with the new movies they introduce nothing but history errors. I'm going to see it but like I've said, I'd like to piss on Abrams for fucking the timeline.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

In theater only, redbox and youtube don't count new [Re: GatKong]
#309454 - 05/28/13 03:35 PM

& other online sources

eta: Not that I watch movies... almost ever. I think the last movie I watched (t'was on YT) was a movie with Hugh Jackman. His character had a sick wife, he was a researcher, had these visions or trips during meditations. There was this big tree in a bubble in outer-space. The one before that was the Illusionist(?). It was suggested so I thought; "Meh, what the heck, why not..."

All other movies were documentaries or.... whatever they're called.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (05/28/13 03:47 PM)

LEVEL-4

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

are you kidding? new [Re: GatKong]
#309460 - 05/28/13 04:27 PM

'man of steel' and 'pacific rim' already look unmissable.

i learned everything i know from KC

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: are you kidding? new [Re: jopezu]
#309461 - 05/28/13 04:38 PM

> 'man of steel' and 'pacific rim' already look unmissable.

Depends how accurate the MoS trailers are in depicting the film as Emo Weepy Suicide Superman. Because if it is, it'll be yet another failed DC superhero movie.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: are you kidding? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#309473 - 05/28/13 08:00 PM

> > 'man of steel' and 'pacific rim' already look unmissable.
>
> Depends how accurate the MoS trailers are in depicting the film as Emo Weepy Suicide
> Superman. Because if it is, it'll be yet another failed DC superhero movie.

Superman is a remake. Why? Because it have the same people in black. They should've left it alone.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Dr. Spankenstein
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/15/10
Send PM

Re: In theater only, redbox and youtube don't count new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#309483 - 05/28/13 11:54 PM

> eta: Not that I watch movies... almost ever. I think the last movie I watched (t'was
> on YT) was a movie with Hugh Jackman. His character had a sick wife, he was a
> researcher, had these visions or trips during meditations. There was this big tree in
> a bubble in outer-space. The one before that was the Illusionist(?). It was suggested
> so I thought; "Meh, what the heck, why not..."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/

Anything by Darren Aronofsky is generally good

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: If you only see one movie this summer... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#309488 - 05/29/13 03:41 AM

Shame on me I haven't seen it yet. I sure hope they don't push the Spock/Uhura thing. That is highly inaccurate. It just shouldn't be there IMO

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#309489 - 05/29/13 03:52 AM

> That's surprising because with the new movies they introduce nothing but history
> errors. I'm going to see it but like I've said, I'd like to piss on Abrams for
> fucking the timeline.

No Gary Sinise as Dr. McCoy?

Abrams you piece of shit.

eta: Okay. Maybe if he was younger, or the other cast older... But, fwir, McCoy was the oldest crew member... How much older? I dunno.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (05/29/13 03:55 AM)

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: If you only see one movie this summer... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#309490 - 05/29/13 03:55 AM

Abrams hasn't even seen much of the tv shows. I should pay a hungry street gay to cock his mouth and shit his ears.

It's gonna get weird. One thing for sure, cock is now a verb.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#309495 - 05/29/13 04:48 AM

> I'd like to piss on Abrams for
> fucking the timeline.

But what else was there to do, really? Even if Kirk hadn't [SPOILER?] died at the end of Generations, it would have been pretty silly to continue on and oops, all of a sudden everyone is 30 years younger with no explanation. I suppose they could have found a gap in the timeline somewhere to slot in a few stories, but that's problematic because you essentially can't do anything important without introducing all kinds of continuity and logic errors. The only other option would have been to do a true reboot, which probably would have been OK. Personally, I like the way it was done better than just throwing out all of the established canon with no explanation.

If you want to piss on Abrams, piss on him for introducing the idea that Star Trek-style starships are built in a gravity well and are routinely capable of atmospheric flight. To me, that's where he really shows his lack of sci-fi cred.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: If you only see one movie this summer... new [Re: DMala]
#309501 - 05/29/13 05:13 AM

Star Trek is never-ending. None of the tv shows broke the timeline and they were all great. They figured (perhaps correctly) that introducing another generation would result in fewer ticket sales than reusing the most famous "Kirk" group. Well I don't care about their money stacks. If Abrams would have watched all the shows he would have thought twice about the shits. As it stands I will pay a homeless gay to cock his mouth.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 884 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1187