MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Arcade Matt
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/01/13
Send PM

Anyone have a list of chds that actually WORK in the latest version of mame?
#307934 - 04/28/13 01:41 AM

Seems like the chd list is mainly a list of games that people wished worked... but don't.

Anyone got a list of chds that actually work?

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Anyone have a list of chds that actually WORK in the latest version of mame? new [Re: Arcade Matt]
#307935 - 04/28/13 02:18 AM

> Seems like the chd list is mainly a list of games that people wished worked... but
> don't.
>
> Anyone got a list of chds that actually work?

Maybe you could be a bit more specific?

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Anyone have a list of chds that actually WORK in the latest version of mame? new [Re: italie]
#307943 - 04/28/13 03:42 AM

Just use a front end and narrow it down from all games to working/chds...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Anyone have a list of chds that actually WORK in the latest version of mame? new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#307948 - 04/28/13 06:59 AM

> Just use a front end and narrow it down from all games to working/chds...

I'm thinking he means CHDs from unreliable sites that totally fail to load in newest MAME versions.

Anyway, even if a game is marked not working it can actually be ran and played (Night Raid)

B2K24
Send PM

Re: Anyone have a list of chds that actually WORK in the latest version of mame? new [Re: Arcade Matt]
#316186 - 10/20/13 07:27 AM

I just noticed GameEX added a MAME CHD Games category that's lists only games that require CHD.

If the list is correct it's 580 games if clones are counted.

http://i.imgur.com/h5HYRLe.png

http://i.imgur.com/RpvSf8p.png

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Anyone have a list of chds that actually WORK in the latest version of mame? new [Re: B2K24]
#316191 - 10/20/13 12:42 PM

> Anyway, even if a game is marked not working it can actually be ran and played (Night
> Raid)

Night raid isn't marked as not working, it's marked as the sound not being 100%. That is because there is a missing sound cpu & sound chip.

He doesn't want to download all the chd's and have most of them non playable. Like savage quest for instance.

Edited by smf (10/20/13 12:44 PM)

B2K24
Send PM

Re: Anyone have a list of chds that actually WORK in the latest version of mame? new [Re: ]
#316201 - 10/20/13 07:14 PM

I bumped an old post with my prior reply. 6 months ago around 0.148u3 nightrai was indeed tagged as NOT WORKING, but has since changed since then.

Now as far as some organized list, I'm unsure if one actually exists that is current and that would serve the OP's purpose.

One idea for him might be to hook up the latest QMC2 with the latest MAME which would allow having the list presented to him just like in this screenshot

Then simply just DL the sets marked good & imperfect.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Anyone have a list of chds that actually WORK in the latest version of mame? new [Re: B2K24]
#316203 - 10/20/13 07:38 PM

> I bumped an old post with my prior reply. 6 months ago around 0.148u3 nightrai was
> indeed tagged as NOT WORKING, but has since changed since then.

At the point the post was made it didn't have the not working flag, but 0.148u3 might have been released between the bug being fixed and the flag being removed.

But that is a very rare thing, in most cases the not working flag is there because it's not working. Some games might not work but don't have the flag set, but usually the flag matches reality.

Edited by smf (10/20/13 07:39 PM)

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Anyone have a list of chds that actually WORK in the latest version of mame? new [Re: ]
#316233 - 10/21/13 04:52 PM

> But that is a very rare thing, in most cases the not working flag is there because
> it's not working. Some games might not work but don't have the flag set, but usually
> the flag matches reality.

GNW quite often means "everything I can easily see works, but I don't have any confidence that some later level I can't get to doesn't blow everything up". Some devs are conservative that way with it, others aren't.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Anyone have a list of chds that actually WORK in the latest version of mame? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#316259 - 10/22/13 01:42 PM

> GNW quite often means "everything I can easily see works, but I don't have any
> confidence that some later level I can't get to doesn't blow everything up". Some
> devs are conservative that way with it, others aren't.

I don't know of any circumstances where it's been used like that. We probably ought to mark every single game in MAME as GNW just in case.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 298 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2023