Pages: 1

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Creepy...
#307450 - 04/17/13 06:34 PM

The skeptic in me wants to believe that all of the "omens" which appear to predict a tragic event are really just coincidences that we assign significance to after the fact. Sometimes it's hard not to be creeped out, though...

Last week's What If? article from xkcd.com, posted six days before the Boston Marathon: http://what-if.xkcd.com/40/

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Creepy... [edit] and edit again. new [Re: DMala]
#307466 - 04/18/13 01:55 AM

to ^that, all I can say is; ".....jesus."

*depressing* Anyway....

There is a silly (silly?) video going around about a Family Guy episode that aired last month. Turban Cowboy. Near the beginning it shows Peter in an interview w/ Bob Costas, he asks Peter about winning the Boston Marathon. Then it shows Peter driving his station-wagon through the runners, with blood and mangled bodies. Then, at around 15 minutes into the show it shows Peter, who at this point had converted to Islam, calls his Muslim friend on his cell phone, then you hear an explosion, he calls again and you hear another explosion with screams.

The vid that was edited and posted on some YT channels were these 2 scenes spliced together making you think that's the way they appeared in the episode.

So, (regarding the episode itself) call it either predictive or a coincidence.... Another thing you can call it is 'Conditioning'... A strategy(?) of Propaganda. It plants the ideas in your head about death/injury at the Boston Marathon, bombs going off, and Muslim terrorists.

edit so as not to bump.

http://www.infowars.com/boston-authorities-in-cover-up-of-bombing-drills/

They didn't deny there were any drills (did they?) So, is the absence of an denial the same as an admission?

Edit2

I stopped listening to Glenn Beck quite a while back (years, I think). But this is interesting.

This makes me wonder. Beck has repeatedly denied the 9/11 conspiracy. Does this mean what I think it does...?

Edited by Tomu Breidah (04/20/13 03:50 PM)

LEVEL-4

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Creepy... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#307473 - 04/18/13 05:12 AM

> So, (regarding the episode itself) call it either predictive or a coincidence....
> Another thing you can call it is 'Conditioning'... A strategy(?) of Propaganda. It
> plants the ideas in your head about death/injury at the Boston Marathon, bombs going
> off, and Muslim terrorists.

Someday, when you least expect it, I'm going to steal your tinfoil hat, just to mess with you.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Creepy... new [Re: DMala]
#307474 - 04/18/13 05:40 AM Attachment: newegg.png 21 KB (0 downloads)

And this weeks Newegg email specials included a pressure cooker.
What's your point, Vanessa?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Creepy... new [Re: krick]
#307475 - 04/18/13 06:23 AM

> And this weeks Newegg email specials included a pressure cooker.
> What's your point, Vanessa?

Well, sure, just a pressure cooker appearing somewhere isn't that big of a deal. But this article specifically asks the question, "What's the worst thing that can happen if you misuse a pressure cooker?" I dunno, I just thought it seemed kind of ominous in retrospect.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 117 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1406