MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

deltasquared
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/18/13
Send PM

The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game.
#304503 - 02/18/13 01:21 AM

I get the error: "The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game." for almost any romset that I try to execute with MAME.

I've searched around some and found various solutions, most of them seem to deal with having the correct BIOS for the system the ROM is for in the ROM directory, or that romsets for MAME are simply picky about the version they were dumped with.

In particular I'd like to play Metal Slug 3. I have the neogeo.zip (BIOS fileset) in my ROM directory. I have tried different dumps but I always get the same error.

I'm using Linux Mint and "Build version: 0.146 (Jul 31 2012)" of MAME.

What exactly do I need to play Metal Slug 3 (or even Metal Slug 1 or 2) with this build?

I've tried to execute mame with "mame -v" to get verbose information but I don't get any warnings or errors, so I have no information to indicate what is wrong. I tried installing "mame-tools", although I have no idea what tools are installed. Are there any tools I can use to verify that my romset has the correct checksum, or to determine what files (if any) might be missing?

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game. new [Re: deltasquared]
#304505 - 02/18/13 01:37 AM

"When all else fails, read the instructions" in this case config.txt

-verifyroms [{gamename|wildcard}]

Checks for invalid or missing ROM images. By default all drivers that
have valid ZIP files or directories in the rompath are verified;
however, you can limit this list by specifying a driver name or
wildcard after the -verifyroms command.

deltasquared
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game. new [Re: Robbbert]
#304508 - 02/18/13 02:14 AM

> "When all else fails, read the instructions" in this case config.txt
>
>
> -verifyroms [{gamename|wildcard}]
>
> Checks for invalid or missing ROM images. By default all drivers that
> have valid ZIP files or directories in the rompath are verified;
> however, you can limit this list by specifying a driver name or
> wildcard after the -verifyroms command.

I don't have a config.txt, I have /etc/mame/mame.ini and ~/.mame/cfg/default.cfg.

I checked the manpage for "mame", it seems that MAME takes the -verifyroms as a command line argument as well. So therefore I started MAME, checked that Neo Geo uses "neodrvr.c", and I start MAME with:

"mame -verifyroms neodrvr.c"

However this only gives me the following error:

No matching games found for 'neodrvr.c'

"neodrvr.c" approximately matches the following
supported games (best match first):

neodrift Neo Drift Out - New Technology
98best44 Neo Print - '98 NeoPri Best 44 (Japan)
nemo Nemo (World 901130)
neobattl SD Gundam Neo Battling (Japan)
neobombe Neo Bomberman
neocup98 Neo-Geo Cup '98 - The Road to the Victory
neogeo Neo-Geo
neomrdo Neo Mr. Do!
ngbc Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum
npcartv1 Neo Print V1 (World)

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game. new [Re: deltasquared]
#304511 - 02/18/13 02:39 AM

mame mslug3 -verifyroms
mame neogeo -verifyroms

deltasquared
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game. new [Re: redk9258]
#304513 - 02/18/13 03:49 AM

> mame mslug3 -verifyroms
> mame neogeo -verifyroms

Thanks, this told me I had a bad Neo Geo BIOS fileset AND a bad Metal Slug 3 dump.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#304593 - 02/19/13 06:31 PM

> I don't have a config.txt, I have /etc/mame/mame.ini and ~/.mame/cfg/default.cfg.

Check where your mame.ini expects roms to be (it'll be "rompath") and change it if necessary.

Also, Linux and Mac questions are normally better handled on the appropriate forum.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 503 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 58207