Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

In Search Of... now available
#301795 - 01/02/13 03:48 PM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008X8VM1W/

Really liked that show, especially the Loch Ness monster, Big Foot, Bermuda Triangle and similar episodes. Didn't realize there were so many episodes produced.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: In Search Of... now available new [Re: Andrew]
#301797 - 01/02/13 04:54 PM

> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008X8VM1W/
>
> Really liked that show, especially the Loch Ness monster, Big Foot, Bermuda Triangle
> and similar episodes. Didn't realize there were so many episodes produced.

I just barely remember seeing this a few times. I was really small and I remember being totally freaked out by it. I'll bet a lot of it is hilariously dated at this point.

yaggy
Coin-op fixer
Reged: 01/23/05
Loc: Philadelphia
Send PM

#301802 - 01/02/13 07:08 PM

I loved that show when I was a tot. Creepy feel to it. I've looked for it a few times, but was never available. Thanks for posting.

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Reged: 02/06/12
Loc: an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.
Send PM

WOW! new [Re: Andrew]
#301838 - 01/03/13 05:08 AM

That is AWESOME!!!

Over the past 3 months or so I have been going thru my stock pile of old recorded VHS tapes trying to weed out the stuff I would like to transfer to DVD from the stuff that I never needed to record.

Tapes with episodes of "In search of" were put into the transfer pile. I as well loved the series and obviously tried to record them all back in the day. I had no clue there were SO MANY episodes.

There were two other small series in the same vein that are worthy of being digitized, one was Arthur C Clark's Mysterious World. I actually had a few of the original VHS tapes of this series, I think there were 3 episodes per tape. Somehow as life is, I no longer have them and don't recall what might have happened to them.

The other was another Arthur C Clark series which I believe was older with fewer episodes. A complete Arthur C Clark DVD would be as badass as "In search of".

P.S. A while back I made a Just Because post with a link to youtube for the video "ANIMA MUNDI" the reason behind that post was simply because it was one of the GEMS I found in the stock pile.

Thank You Andrew this is something that I will purchase once the price comes down!

There is no law in the arena

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Reged: 02/06/12
Loc: an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.
Send PM

I'm obviously psychic! new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#316468 - 10/28/13 01:46 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Arthur-C-Clarke-Co...H3Y29GPD9V71D61

There is no law in the arena

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

#316492 - 10/28/13 04:56 PM

Careful of these 'mega sets'. I have been burned on them a couple of times.

Usually bad packaging or discs that flat out do not work.

TV shows are especially bad for this sort of thing. As they usually have 3-6 dvds per season. Have a show with 10 seasons and that is anywhere from 30-60 DVDs that were made at low quality in the first place.

Sometimes the packaging is good. Others can be hit or miss. One set I bought came in a large paper book and all the DVDs smashed into paper liners. About 1 out of every season was unwatchable. Sent it back and bought the individual seasons for about 20 bucks more.

Luckly the Red Green set I just bought and there was only 1 dud out of the pile. But that turned out to be glue on the disc and came off with a bit of soap and water.

This one looks to be a 3rd generation beta transfer. So expect a bit of grain and audio warble.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 364 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1558