Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

leave it to the post office to make buying stamps a 20 click process<nt>
#300917 - 12/19/12 02:14 AM

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: leave it to the post office to make buying stamps a 20 click process<nt> new [Re: italie]
#300918 - 12/19/12 02:27 AM

What? You mean the ones around you are still open?
Lucky!

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: leave it to the post office to make buying stamps a 20 click process<nt> new [Re: B2K24]
#300922 - 12/19/12 03:15 AM

Or 'hmm post off is closed for the day I will buy some from the machine'. Or not... Gone. Course apparently they have been gone for awhile as when I buy them I buy a decent amount to last me awhile...

I may not be the sharpest knife but wouldnt it make sense if you wanted people to use your services you would make it easier to use?

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: leave it to the post office to make buying stamps a 20 click process<nt> new [Re: italie]
#300930 - 12/19/12 04:12 AM

I always go up to the counter and tell them I need stamps and I want the ugliest stamp they have, whatever they can't sell and people don't like. They usually look at me funny, but I get awesome stamps that way...

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: leave it to the post office to make buying stamps a 20 click process<nt> new [Re: lharms]
#300933 - 12/19/12 04:47 AM

They have completely gone down the toilet and I feel sorry for the few good workers they have left, and there actually are some. But most of them are so pathetic, when I take boxes in the office they do all sorts of crap to avoid being the one to serve me like going in the back room right before it's my turn because most of my mail is international so instead of just scanning, they have to type stuff in their computer, and when one gets stuck doing it they act like I fucked up their day. Not all of them, but most do this. Literally they are so fucking dipshit asshole sorry that literally *typing a few lines on the goddamn computer* is too much for them! Seriously. How pathetic is that. Data entry, the easiest thing one could possibly do at work, is too much for them. I feel like an idiot for sticking with them. They used to be good and I'm so used to preparing boxes their way...

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: leave it to the post office to make buying stamps a 20 click process<nt> new [Re: krick]
#300942 - 12/19/12 06:24 AM

> I always go up to the counter and tell them I need stamps and I want the ugliest
> stamp they have, whatever they can't sell and people don't like. They usually look at
> me funny, but I get awesome stamps that way...
>
>

I would go to the counter, but I haven't seen it open in 5 years. Even on my days off it seems to always be closed. Instead I go to the fantastic 20 click machine, where it prints me stamps from what sounds to be an inkjet. I wouldn't even mind the twenty clicks, if I even had the foggiest idea of what half the questions were asking me.

"What type of stamp do you want?"
a) First class forever logo
b) 1 oz priority
c) coast to coast
d) blah blah something blah

...How about a fucking option for "The kind you use on an envelope".

joey35car
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/07/07
Loc: Planet Claire
Send PM

#300943 - 12/19/12 06:29 AM

Just buy them elsewhere like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Jewel Osco, Meijer, etc. Many grocery stores sell them too.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#300950 - 12/19/12 08:05 AM

> > I always go up to the counter and tell them I need stamps and I want the ugliest
> > stamp they have, whatever they can't sell and people don't like. They usually look
> at
> > me funny, but I get awesome stamps that way...
> >
> >
>
> I would go to the counter, but I haven't seen it open in 5 years. Even on my days off
> it seems to always be closed. Instead I go to the fantastic 20 click machine, where
> it prints me stamps from what sounds to be an inkjet. I wouldn't even mind the twenty
> clicks, if I even had the foggiest idea of what half the questions were asking me.
>
> "What type of stamp do you want?"
> a) First class forever logo
> b) 1 oz priority
> c) coast to coast
> d) blah blah something blah
>
>
> ...How about a fucking option for "The kind you use on an envelope".

First class "forever" is a regular stamp these days. They're just marked "forever" because one stamp is worth whatever the current postage is to mail an envelope. That way you don't have to waste postage or screw around with oddball value stamps every time they jack up the rates.

Post offices around here are mostly open 5 days a week and typical government office hours, but at any given time you run the risk of standing in line for upwards of 30 minutes. Around Christmas, it can be well over an hour.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: leave it to the post office to make buying stamps a 20 click process<nt> new [Re: krick]
#300972 - 12/19/12 07:23 PM

That Buckminister Fuller stamp is simultaneously amazing and really, really creepy.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1586