Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

If your a Megaman fan read on..
#300299 - 12/09/12 06:18 PM

You gonna love this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-OMrOxyso&feature=player_embedded

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: If your a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#300305 - 12/09/12 08:03 PM

> You gonna love this
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-OMrOxyso&feature=player_embedded

Although it's very rare to see a company directly sponsor a fan-made game of one of their own properties, the game does look promising.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: If your a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#300309 - 12/09/12 08:27 PM

> You gonna love this
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-OMrOxyso&feature=player_embedded

That's cool. Embed:

- Stiletto

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: If your a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: Master O]
#300326 - 12/10/12 03:23 AM

> > You gonna love this
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-OMrOxyso&feature=player_embedded
>
> Although it's very rare to see a company directly sponsor a fan-made game of one of
> their own properties, the game does look promising.

They're only doing that because they stopped giving a fuck about Mega Man years ago and are pretty happy to ride on a fan creator's coattails, so it looks like they care.

Plus, it makes money and it cost them nothing.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: If your a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: Foxhack]
#300330 - 12/10/12 05:10 AM

> They're only doing that because they stopped giving a fuck about Mega Man years ago
> and are pretty happy to ride on a fan creator's coattails, so it looks like they
> care.
>
> Plus, it makes money and it cost them nothing.

Yeah, but there was a time when a project like this would have just gotten a cease and desist nastygram from the lawyers and that would have been it. It's nice to see that they've come around to actually supporting the work of their fans.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: If your a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: DMala]
#300332 - 12/10/12 05:57 AM

Didn't some Mega Man new game or remake get canceled around 6 months ago or something?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: If your a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: B2K24]
#300440 - 12/11/12 06:32 PM

> Didn't some Mega Man new game or remake get canceled around 6 months ago or
> something?

MM Legends 3 was cancelled fairly recently. Not sure if that was the game you're referring to though.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: If your a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: R. Belmont]
#300443 - 12/11/12 07:46 PM

MML 3 being canceled was very disappointing.But I guess they figured that since they lost Keiji Inafune the game would have been up to MM standards.

TBH Capcom has been on my shit list as of late.Canceling MML3,excluding Mega Man as a playable character in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and to top it all off what can only be taken as Capcom trolling the MM community they put MM in Street Fighter X Tekken,but they use the original MM box art character,not the MM we all know and love.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: If your a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: Foxhack]
#300444 - 12/11/12 07:48 PM

> Plus, it makes money and it cost them nothing.

They are giving it away free and I imagine that it has cost them something, if only a negligible amount of time.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: If your a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: mesk]
#300446 - 12/11/12 08:34 PM

> TBH Capcom has been on my shit list as of late.Canceling MML3,excluding Mega Man as a
> playable character in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and to top it all off what can only
> be taken as Capcom trolling the MM community they put MM in Street Fighter X
> Tekken,but they use the original MM box art character,not the MM we all know and
> love.

I have to admit I thought it was pretty funny to have box art MM in the game given he's become a low-grade internet meme. It's the not having real MM part that sucked.

And hey, one of the 3 RE games they released this year didn't suck. It's just it was M-rated and 3DS exclusive so I'm one of the 5 people who've played it.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: If you're a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: mesk]
#300484 - 12/12/12 02:33 PM

The character on the US/EU box art is Mega Man, but the tiny blue character we all remembered in the NES series was Rockman (not changed in the game due to graphical limitations, although no excuse for the higher detail images in Mega Man's power-up screens for example).

Dr. Right created Rockman in Japan, while "Dr. Light" created Mega Man shortly afterwards; you could say that Mega Man is a clone or knockoff... maybe Dr. Light was Chinese instead of Japanese...

Also, the PAL versions of Mega Man III didn't even get Dr. Wily on the box, instead they were given Heihachi Mishima!

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: If you're a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#300586 - 12/14/12 05:30 AM

> The character on the US/EU box art is Mega Man, but the tiny blue character we all
> remembered in the NES series was Rockman (not changed in the game due to graphical
> limitations, although no excuse for the higher detail images in Mega Man's power-up
> screens for example).
>
> Dr. Right created Rockman in Japan, while "Dr. Light" created Mega Man shortly
> afterwards; you could say that Mega Man is a clone or knockoff... maybe Dr. Light was
> Chinese instead of Japanese...
>
> Also, the PAL versions of Mega Man III didn't even get Dr. Wily on the box, instead
> they were given Heihachi Mishima!

For you, that wouldn't be a bad thing since you're such a big fan of Heihachi.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: If you're a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#300607 - 12/14/12 05:41 PM

> The character on the US/EU box art is Mega Man, but the tiny blue character we all
> remembered in the NES series was Rockman (not changed in the game due to graphical
> limitations, although no excuse for the higher detail images in Mega Man's power-up
> screens for example).

The EU artwork is different to the US artwork.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_(video_game)

mega man and rockman are the same person, just different "translations".

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Send PM

Re: If you're a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: ]
#300610 - 12/14/12 06:32 PM

> > The character on the US/EU box art is Mega Man, but the tiny blue character we all
> > remembered in the NES series was Rockman (not changed in the game due to graphical
> > limitations, although no excuse for the higher detail images in Mega Man's power-up
> > screens for example).
>
> The EU artwork is different to the US artwork.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_(video_game)
>
> mega man and rockman are the same person, just different "translations".

I know, maybe I should have put a few smileys in there, or a sarcasm /sarcasm pseudocode.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: If your a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: R. Belmont]
#300619 - 12/14/12 10:11 PM

Ive played RE:Revelations and its fantastic.Im really excited that its coming to consoles,and hopefully PC.Its great because its an actual survival horror,not a poorly executed action fest CoD wannabe like 5 & 6.

Limited Ammo,over the shoulder perspective,puzzles.All the things that made the RE series what it was.Just like the best part of RE 5 was the add on "Lost in Nightmares" why? Because you were exploring a seemingly empty mansion,finding cranks and such.That was Resident Evil.

Edited by mesk (12/14/12 10:31 PM)

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Send PM

Re: If you're a Megaman fan read on.. new [Re: Master O]
#300644 - 12/15/12 11:01 AM

Actually, I'm more of a King player. Heihachi is just for shits and giggles, and his laughable voice in Tekken 2.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 386 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2818