MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Update: If I was going to describe the attack in one word it would be...mechanized. Yes, the attack was very much mechanized.
#299438 - 11/19/12 10:43 PM

We got Mechanized Attack USA Ver 1. It uses a different program code and pcb layout from the dumps we have. I'm not 100% sure if it's newer or older than the USA dump in mame. They might have used the Ver 1 stamp to indicate the first time they made an update to a rom but based on the extra daughter boards it looks like an early version made for early sales before the bigger mask roms were ready. But it could also be a late release after they ran out of the bigger roms.

http://smitdogg.mameworld.info/pics/mech1.jpg
http://smitdogg.mameworld.info/pics/mech2.jpg

figment1988
Lurker
Reged: 11/14/03
Send PM

Re: DU Update: If I was going to describe the attack in one word it would be...mechanized. Yes, the attack was very much mechanized. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#299455 - 11/20/12 02:09 AM

is this version another american two player version, or is it the rare 1 player version?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: If I was going to describe the attack in one word it would be...mechanized. Yes, the attack was very much mechanized. new [Re: figment1988]
#299456 - 11/20/12 02:11 AM

I don't know yet. I don't have a harness for it and I can't get to the million soldered roms quickly.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Re: DU Update: If I was going to describe the attack in one word it would be...mechanized. Yes, the attack was very much mechanized. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#299465 - 11/20/12 05:14 AM

It doesn't include MAIKO's すぺしゃるもーどっ♥ like the NES version, does it?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: If I was going to describe the attack in one word it would be...mechanized. Yes, the attack was very much mechanized. new [Re: Matty_]
#299466 - 11/20/12 05:17 AM

It includes a variety of 8-bit sexual formats and hands out space age blowjobs.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: DU Update: If I was going to describe the attack in one word it would be...mechanized. Yes, the attack was very much mechanized. new [Re: Matty_]
#299469 - 11/20/12 06:35 AM

> It doesn't include MAIKO's
> すぺしゃるもーどっ♥ like
> the NES version, does it?

Wow, I wonder when was that egg discovered? I have to think Nintendo would have flipped out if it had been found when the game was still current.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: DU Update: If I was going to describe the attack in one word it would be...mechanized. Yes, the attack was very much mechanized. new [Re: DMala]
#299471 - 11/20/12 07:02 AM

> > It doesn't include MAIKO's
> > すぺしゃるもーどっ♥ like
> > the NES version, does it?
>
> Wow, I wonder when was that egg discovered? I have to think Nintendo would have
> flipped out if it had been found when the game was still current.

It can't have been hard for them to have looked through the graphics banks during the approval process. It's not like it uses some bizarre one-off mapper or data format.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Send PM

#299476 - 11/20/12 07:28 AM

> It includes a variety of 8-bit sexual formats and hands out space age blowjobs.

I'd take a blowjob from Maiko, space age or not.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Send PM

Re: DU Update: If I was going to describe the attack in one word it would be...mechanized. Yes, the attack was very much mechanized. new [Re: DMala]
#299477 - 11/20/12 08:06 AM

> > It doesn't include MAIKO's
> > すぺしゃるもーどっ♥ like
> > the NES version, does it?
>
> Wow, I wonder when was that egg discovered? I have to think Nintendo would have
> flipped out if it had been found when the game was still current.

Nintendo of Japan didn't seem too worried about NES boobage:
http://tcrf.net/Golgo_13:_Top_Secret_Episode
http://tcrf.net/Astyanax

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: If I was going to describe the attack in one word it would be...mechanized. Yes, the attack was very much mechanized. new [Re: figment1988]
#299596 - 11/21/12 09:20 PM

It looks like this is the 1 player version. After you enter a coin there is no screen to select 1 or 2 player. Still not fully dumped yet though.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: DU Update: If I was going to describe the attack in one word it would be...mechanized. Yes, the attack was very much mechanized. new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#299705 - 11/23/12 06:21 PM

> It can't have been hard for them to have looked through the graphics banks during the
> approval process. It's not like it uses some bizarre one-off mapper or data format.

Generally for NES and SNES the way the approval process worked was that Nintendo of America or Europe played through the game for content violations and NCL (Nintendo Company, Limited) in Japan got freaky with the technical stuff. (Including but not limited to using bus analysers and oscilloscopes to make sure you aren't violating some timing margin somewhere).

In this case I can see NOA not finding the easter egg and NCL not caring.

figment1988
Lurker
Reged: 11/14/03
Send PM

#299907 - 11/28/12 02:56 AM

> It looks like this is the 1 player version. After you enter a coin there is no screen
> to select 1 or 2 player. Still not fully dumped yet though.

That's the version i remember playing when i first visited Orlando back in 1994 at the Courtyard Marriott on International Drive. (of course, when i visited 2 years ago, i was disappointed to learn that an office workstation took over where that mini gameroom was (as most CMs have been turned into work-oriented hotels). And pardon me if i'm crazy for saying this, but if i remember well, i think that version had a 1988 copyright.

Edited by figment1988 (11/28/12 02:56 AM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 489 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2482