Pages: 1

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

FTL - Faster Than Light
#297786 - 10/20/12 02:50 AM

FTL is an awesome rogue-like space combat game. I've been playing the hell out of it all week since the official release and it's waaay freakin fun.

You can finally live out your "always wanted to be Captain Janeway" fantasies with this one. Highly recommend.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: FTL - Faster Than Light new [Re: jeremymtc]
#297791 - 10/20/12 03:44 AM Attachment: nesasio.png 376 KB (0 downloads)

> FTL is an awesome rogue-like space combat game. I've been playing the hell out of it
> all week since the official release and it's waaay freakin fun.
>
> You can finally live out your "always wanted to be Captain Janeway" fantasies with
> this one. Highly recommend.

Got the Stealth Cruiser "The Nesasio" last night. Have still only beaten it on easy, using the Kestrel Type B "Red-Tail."

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: FTL - Faster Than Light new [Re: TriggerFin]
#297798 - 10/20/12 05:30 AM

> > FTL is an awesome rogue-like space combat game. I've been playing the hell out of
> it
> > all week since the official release and it's waaay freakin fun.
> >
> > You can finally live out your "always wanted to be Captain Janeway" fantasies with
> > this one. Highly recommend.
>
> Got the Stealth Cruiser "The Nesasio" last night. Have still only beaten it on easy,
> using the Kestrel Type B "Red-Tail."

Nice. I kinda figured this game might appeal to you. Awesome, innit?

I haven't unlocked the Kestrel B-type yet; just got killed piloting the Osprey A-type in phase 3 of the Last Stand... Had a nice loadout with 2x Burst II and 2x Burst I, but failed on my drone deployment: used an Anti-Ship Mk I instead of choosing a Defense I, and had neglected to notice the hull damage I had been taking while repulsing the repeated boarding attempts by the enemy flagship. Only had 4 crew too

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#297800 - 10/20/12 05:49 AM

> FTL is an awesome rogue-like space combat game. I've been playing the hell out of it
> all week since the official release and it's waaay freakin fun.
>
> You can finally live out your "always wanted to be Captain Janeway" fantasies with
> this one. Highly recommend.

I saw that recently. I'd really like to try it but it looks like yet another one of those time consuming games I'd never have time to play.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: FTL - Faster Than Light new [Re: DMala]
#297801 - 10/20/12 06:29 AM

> > FTL is an awesome rogue-like space combat game. I've been playing the hell out of
> it
> > all week since the official release and it's waaay freakin fun.
> >
> > You can finally live out your "always wanted to be Captain Janeway" fantasies with
> > this one. Highly recommend.
>
> I saw that recently. I'd really like to try it but it looks like yet another one of
> those time consuming games I'd never have time to play.

The length of the game depends on how well you do (and events are random), but there is a definite end, and a save function.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#297802 - 10/20/12 06:41 AM

> > > FTL is an awesome rogue-like space combat game. I've been playing the hell out of
> > it
> > > all week since the official release and it's waaay freakin fun.
> > >
> > > You can finally live out your "always wanted to be Captain Janeway" fantasies
> with
> > > this one. Highly recommend.
> >
> > Got the Stealth Cruiser "The Nesasio" last night. Have still only beaten it on
> easy,
> > using the Kestrel Type B "Red-Tail."
>
>
> Nice. I kinda figured this game might appeal to you. Awesome, innit?
>
> I haven't unlocked the Kestrel B-type yet; just got killed piloting the Osprey A-type
> in phase 3 of the Last Stand... Had a nice loadout with 2x Burst II and 2x Burst I,
> but failed on my drone deployment: used an Anti-Ship Mk I instead of choosing a
> Defense I, and had neglected to notice the hull damage I had been taking while
> repulsing the repeated boarding attempts by the enemy flagship. Only had 4 crew too

Osprey...? If that's a thing, I need to update from v1.01. EDIT Oh, the Federation Cruiser! OK, but updated anyway. Several new options.

The Red-Tail made things easier, by starting out with 4 (weak) guns. I didn't use drones at all in my victory run , but got through by having 40+ bombs to use.

Oops, just checked-- I won with the Federation Type B "Nisos" on easy, too.

Edited by TriggerFin (10/20/12 10:16 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 636 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2197