MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

boostinallovryou
Bemani Fan
Reged: 06/11/09
Send PM

Where to upload new CHD's
#297695 - 10/18/12 06:20 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have original Konami CD's, HD's, and dongle's for some games that have been marked as "BAD DUMP". Punchmania, Pop N', IIDX, etc. I have pulled the mame source from the public SVN server, modified one or two games as a test and made CHD's. After pushing the source back where am I supposed to upload the CHD's to? Sorry for the nube question, just want to help.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Where to upload new CHD's new [Re: boostinallovryou]
#297697 - 10/18/12 06:43 PM

> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have original Konami
> CD's, HD's, and dongle's for some games that have been marked as "BAD DUMP".
> Punchmania, Pop N', IIDX, etc. I have pulled the mame source from the public SVN
> server, modified one or two games as a test and made CHD's. After pushing the source
> back where am I supposed to upload the CHD's to? Sorry for the nube question, just
> want to help.

How did you dump them? Can you provide pictures of the disks?

The reason some of the discs are marked bad is due to the naming as we didn't have pictures of the labels and some of them were due to how they were dumped.

Please use information and email address shown here for submission:
http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php/Submitting_Source_Code

boostinallovryou
Bemani Fan
Send PM

Re: Where to upload new CHD's new [Re: ]
#297698 - 10/18/12 07:10 PM Attachment: PM2.jpg 1510 KB (1 downloads)

> > I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have original Konami
> > CD's, HD's, and dongle's for some games that have been marked as "BAD DUMP".
> > Punchmania, Pop N', IIDX, etc. I have pulled the mame source from the public SVN
> > server, modified one or two games as a test and made CHD's. After pushing the
> source
> > back where am I supposed to upload the CHD's to? Sorry for the nube question, just
> > want to help.
>
> How did you dump them? Can you provide pictures of the disks?
>
> The reason some of the discs are marked bad is due to the naming as we didn't have
> pictures of the labels and some of them were due to how they were dumped.
>
> Please use information and email address shown here for submission:
> http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php/Submitting_Source_Code

For the CD's I used ISOBuster to create a bin/cue and then used the latest chdman to make the chd from the bin/cue. I have only done one CD so far. The case the pictures were taken in is full of Konami CD's. The HD's I will just use chdman. For the dongle's I need to get in touch with guru to see how he wants me to dump these.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

boostinallovryou
Bemani Fan
Send PM

#297699 - 10/18/12 07:11 PM Attachment: BM2.jpg 1109 KB (0 downloads)

> > I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have original Konami
> > CD's, HD's, and dongle's for some games that have been marked as "BAD DUMP".
> > Punchmania, Pop N', IIDX, etc. I have pulled the mame source from the public SVN
> > server, modified one or two games as a test and made CHD's. After pushing the
> source
> > back where am I supposed to upload the CHD's to? Sorry for the nube question, just
> > want to help.
>
> How did you dump them? Can you provide pictures of the disks?
>
> The reason some of the discs are marked bad is due to the naming as we didn't have
> pictures of the labels and some of them were due to how they were dumped.
>
> Please use information and email address shown here for submission:
> http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php/Submitting_Source_Code

Another pic

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#297700 - 10/18/12 07:23 PM

> For the dongle's I need to get in touch with guru to see how he wants me to dump these.

You can try, but I don't think he knows. We'll need to sort something out. Do you have the main boards that go with the dongles?

boostinallovryou
Bemani Fan
Send PM

#297702 - 10/18/12 07:26 PM

> > For the dongle's I need to get in touch with guru to see how he wants me to dump
> these.
>
> You can try, but I don't think he knows. We'll need to sort something out. Do you
> have the main boards that go with the dongles?

Thought guru was the one who identified the potted and non potted carts and how to dump them? I have DJ Main, Twinkle, and Firebeat hardware.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#297708 - 10/18/12 09:30 PM

> > > For the dongle's I need to get in touch with guru to see how he wants me to dump
> > these.
> >
> > You can try, but I don't think he knows. We'll need to sort something out. Do you
> > have the main boards that go with the dongles?
>
> Thought guru was the one who identified the potted and non potted carts and how to
> dump them? I have DJ Main, Twinkle, and Firebeat hardware.

573 dongles can't be dumped at present. We tried to get one of the EPROM reader companies to support the X76F100 chips and they tried and failed, so it's going to require someone to write a trojan to run on the actual h/w.

boostinallovryou
Bemani Fan
Send PM

Re: Where to upload new CHD's new [Re: R. Belmont]
#297712 - 10/18/12 10:16 PM

> > > > For the dongle's I need to get in touch with guru to see how he wants me to
> dump
> > > these.
> > >
> > > You can try, but I don't think he knows. We'll need to sort something out. Do you
> > > have the main boards that go with the dongles?
> >
> > Thought guru was the one who identified the potted and non potted carts and how to
> > dump them? I have DJ Main, Twinkle, and Firebeat hardware.
>
> 573 dongles can't be dumped at present. We tried to get one of the EPROM reader
> companies to support the X76F100 chips and they tried and failed, so it's going to
> require someone to write a trojan to run on the actual h/w.

But that's not the case for the Twinkle and Firebeat dongles correct?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#297757 - 10/19/12 05:55 PM

> But that's not the case for the Twinkle and Firebeat dongles correct?

I don't know about firebeat, it looks complex.
Twinkle should be ok.

Edited by smf (10/19/12 06:01 PM)

boostinallovryou
Bemani Fan
Send PM

#297783 - 10/20/12 02:33 AM

> > But that's not the case for the Twinkle and Firebeat dongles correct?
>
> I don't know about firebeat, it looks complex.
> Twinkle should be ok.

Firebeat used a dallas ibutton in a db9 carrier. I just know that guru had success in these areas so I didn't want to duplicate effort if he already has a system. I still need to ping him.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#297901 - 10/22/12 03:38 PM

> But that's not the case for the Twinkle and Firebeat dongles correct?

Those are also hopeless at present AFAIK, but I don't think anyone's tried very hard either.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2848