View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Italie, make us rich will ya?
#297333 - 10/10/12 07:53 AM

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/business/illinois-video-poker-173402711.html#ixzz28rrPAHOV

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Italie, make us rich will ya? new [Re: B2K24]
#297349 - 10/10/12 02:24 PM

> http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/business/illinois-video-poker-173402711.html#ixzz28rrPAHOV

Oddly enough I was involved in this stuff some years back, providing that sort of equipment for bars using "private club" loopholes. I was still in that industry when the OTB thugs started partnering with (read:taking control of) struggling bars.

I have no problems with video gambling, but it is a pretty risky venture to get into. Villages are adopting bans locally almost overnight out of the same ill-based fears and stigmas that arcades are still stuck with.

It is a good revenue generator and doesn't really "draw" the elements villages seems to have issues with. It's been around illegally (and semi-legally) for years without issue here. It is, however, abused outright by people like the the OTB goons. Those goons are sweeping into the area with force (and have been), and will no doubt cast a shadow over the whole deal. No better place to hide money than video poker machines, and you wouldn't believe the lengths those slimy bastards go through to do it. To top it off, they are the WORST customers when things go wrong.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Italie, make us rich will ya? new [Re: italie]
#297380 - 10/11/12 03:50 AM

I can't believe that something shady COULD be going on in Chicago!! That city & state has always had the highest rung of leaders from the political ladder. So many fine examples to look up to for guidance... LOL!

(Hmmm... Reminds me of and old Star Trek episode.)

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 231 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1028