MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Firewave
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Arcade-themed Gravity Falls episode
#295382 - 09/09/12 03:01 PM

The latest episode of the awesome animated series "Gravity Falls" named "Fight Fighters" had a lot of great arcade references (not gonna spoil those) in it and the main plot mainly resembles a "storyline" from Street Fighter II.

I highly recommend not just this episode, but the whole series. Along with Adventure Time, Regular Show, Bob's Burgers and The Amazing World Of Gumball it's among the best animated shows out there right now.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Arcade-themed Gravity Falls episode new [Re: Firewave]
#295391 - 09/09/12 05:39 PM

> The latest episode of the awesome animated series "Gravity Falls" named "Fight
> Fighters" had a lot of great arcade references (not gonna spoil those) in it and the
> main plot mainly resembles a "storyline" from Street Fighter II.
>
> I highly recommend not just this episode, but the whole series. Along with Adventure
> Time, Regular Show, Bob's Burgers and The Amazing World Of Gumball it's among the
> best animated shows out there right now.

"Hey kid, go put these up anywhere that looks like a potential lawsuit."

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#295393 - 09/09/12 05:44 PM

> I highly recommend not just this episode, but the whole series. Along with Adventure Time, Regular Show, Bob's Burgers and The Amazing World Of Gumball...

Hey, quit monitoring everything I watch and then listing it all here on mame world!

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

#295397 - 09/09/12 06:08 PM

Watch and love them all except Bobs Burgers.Just the voices alone bother me like fingernails running down a chalkboard

Firewave
Regular
Send PM

Re: Arcade-themed Gravity Falls episode new [Re: mesk]
#295410 - 09/09/12 09:19 PM

> Watch and love them all except Bobs Burgers.Just the voices alone bother me like
> fingernails running down a chalkboard

Too bad. I think it's by far the best voice-over cast out there - even if some of them always sound exactly like them no matter what character it is.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#295414 - 09/09/12 09:39 PM

Bob's Burgers is awesome. Probably in my top 5 shows, along with Archer and American Dad.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Arcade-themed Gravity Falls episode new [Re: krick]
#295416 - 09/09/12 09:52 PM

Archer

Firewave
Regular
Send PM

Re: Arcade-themed Gravity Falls episode new [Re: krick]
#295418 - 09/09/12 10:04 PM

> Bob's Burgers is awesome. Probably in my top 5 shows, along with Archer and American
> Dad.

I so much want to like Archer, but compared to Frisky Dingo it just feels like a cheap rip-off. Somehow it seems that it just gets good reviews and is loved by everybody suddenly since it's on a major network and not stuck in Cartoon Network/adult swim anymore (I feel the same about American Horror Story and The Walking Dead - everybody hates cliché horror movies, but everybody seems to love those shows). It's like that makes it a more mature show. It's like comparing The Thick Of It with Veep. It's the same people, but it's pure awesomeness and cheap rip-off.

It's also interesting, that the shows, that used to be adult-oriented, but were also consumable by children are now so childish, they are just boring for adults. And that stuff, that started out like a cute and fun childrens show (and still gets TV-Y7 ratings) is actually far from being for children in any way and is a full blown adult show.

I totally forgot The Venture Bros., which has been off for too long, but will be back with two more seasons starting in early 2013. I love it when an animated show keeps storylines alive.

American Dad is still the best Seth MacFarlane show, but it's not as good as it used to be. But it will surely be on for years to come and will get better again.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 809 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1993