MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Uship.com FTW!
#295203 - 09/07/12 05:43 AM

Anybody ever used uship.com before?

Quite possible saved my neck... my wallet for sure. Something to consider if you need to ship an arcade cab or other big item.

I had committed to a big piece of commercial equipment that weights 2,500 pounds and is 14 feet tall... but located in the east coast... it's a rare find and with any delay I would have lost the deal for sure, so yes, I stuck my neck out and committed to it before I knew how to actually GET it... and I had a pickup deadline of 48 hours or loose the equipment AND money.

I got shipping quotes from all the major carriers, and the price ranged from $4,000 all the way up to $12,000... which I can't do, and would have forced me to abandon the equipment.

I tried uship.com because I had nothing to loose, and a shipper picked up my load up with a bid for $524. Can you say SHWING!

It's not done yet, I still have to receive the item... but it's rugged steel, so... short of going off a cliff into an ocean... I don't see how this could go bad... I'll keep you posted.

IN YOUR FACE Booyah!

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Uship.com FTW! new [Re: GatKong]
#295206 - 09/07/12 06:27 AM

> Anybody ever used uship.com before?

I've used them. Went well.

cyberdman
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/04/06
Send PM

Re: Uship.com FTW! new [Re: GatKong]
#295224 - 09/07/12 01:12 PM

Maybe your shipment will be on the A&E channel. Someone from Shipping Wars will probably show up at your door. Good luck, that is an entertaining show.

cyberdman

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Uship.com FTW! new [Re: cyberdman]
#295227 - 09/07/12 02:47 PM

> Maybe your shipment will be on the A&E channel. Someone from Shipping Wars will
> probably show up at your door. Good luck, that is an entertaining show.

I doubt they'd even pick it up without having sent someone around to get the necessary signatures allowing them to air it.

Actually, I wouldn't be at all surprised if all the shipments were staged by the people running the show.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Uship.com FTW! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#295230 - 09/07/12 03:40 PM

> Actually, I wouldn't be at all surprised if all the shipments were staged by the
> people running the show.

The shipments on the show are real (the guy who had the early 50s prototype color TV shipped posts on another board I read), but the producers do order some acting from the buyers and sellers to generate more drama. In that particular case, the seller was ordered to drone on about the history of the set just so they could get a trademark Roy "Whatever" shot, for instance.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 856 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1103