Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Just saw this bumper sticker...
#294882 - 09/01/12 02:55 AM

On a souped up and lifted Dodge Ram v8, driven by a kid who probably didn't have a license in '08...

I might have to print one of these up to stick on my truck:

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: Just saw this bumper sticker... new [Re: italie]
#294883 - 09/01/12 03:42 AM

Yesterday I saw what had to have been homemade,cause I havent seen any others like it.IT said something like "Congrats Mitt on buying your 14th house.I just lost mine"

IT makes me angry when I think about how much money goes into political campaigns,then it makes me sad thinking all the ways that money couldve been spent much better

The American Political System=A very bad joke

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Just saw this bumper sticker... new [Re: mesk]
#294884 - 09/01/12 03:51 AM

> Yesterday I saw what had to have been homemade,cause I havent seen any others like
> it.IT said something like "Congrats Mitt on buying your 14th house.I just lost mine"
>
> IT makes me angry when I think about how much money goes into political
> campaigns,then it makes me sad thinking all the ways that money couldve been spent
> much better
>
> The American Political System=A very bad joke

Agreed.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#294890 - 09/01/12 09:40 AM Attachment: Untitled.png 24 KB (0 downloads)

> On a souped up and lifted Dodge Ram v8, driven by a kid who probably didn't have a
> license in '08...
>
>
> I might have to print one of these up to stick on my truck:

Do it this way, then. Red/blue (I tossed GIMP) for Bush, up to election day, then blue until it cuts off on inauguration day, and overlaid blue for Obama matched as well as I could by date. So, what's the point?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

u racist [nt] new [Re: TriggerFin]
#294892 - 09/01/12 11:10 AM

LEVEL-4

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: u racist [nt] new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#294894 - 09/01/12 01:19 PM

Ha Ha. BTW, where's he hiding?

I know the point of the graph, for many people, is that the price dropped for campaign season, but it didn't stop going down when Bush lost. Not being one to believe in conspiracies that don't exist, I rather doubt that Bush had anything to do with the price, any more than Obama does with the very similar but slightly higher line (missing a drop in the middle) during his term. Though I am aware that one of them tried to manipulate the price, just a bit.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: u racist [nt] new [Re: TriggerFin]
#294901 - 09/01/12 03:03 PM

My view on the whole thing was that pointing out gas was 1.83 when obama took office is like pointing out that stocks were cheap on October 30th, 1929.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Just saw this bumper sticker... new [Re: mesk]
#294904 - 09/01/12 04:06 PM

> Yesterday I saw what had to have been homemade,cause I havent seen any others like
> it.IT said something like "Congrats Mitt on buying your 14th house.I just lost mine"

I think that's why Obama's chances in this election are pretty good. Every time Romney tries to pretend he's one of the people, it just highlights what a rich, elitist douchebag he really is. Someone like Bush, despite also being a rich douchebag, was much better at portraying an "aw shucks", down home image.

> IT makes me angry when I think about how much money goes into political
> campaigns,then it makes me sad thinking all the ways that money couldve been spent
> much better

You could look at it as a lot of that money gets spent making TV commercials, printing t-shirts, bumper stickers and fliers, paying campaign workers, etc. Sure, we'd be better off without any of it, but at least a fair amount of the money spent ends up in the hands of regular working stiffs.

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: The Black
Send PM

+1 new [Re: italie]
#294905 - 09/01/12 04:32 PM

> My view on the whole thing was that pointing out gas was 1.83 when obama took office
> is like pointing out that stocks were cheap on October 30th, 1929.

Maybe I'm an exception, but financially I'm in a MUCH better place than 4 years ago. Don't claim it had anything to do with Obama, more of a world economy/whatever. Just re-financed our home...10yrs @ 2.85% down from 15yr @4.75...and down from our previous house (10 years ago) 30yrs @ (can't remember but it was between 6% to 8%).

My 401k's gone up & down like everyone else's, but......uh.....phone rang, train of thought lost

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Just saw this bumper sticker... new [Re: DMala]
#294906 - 09/01/12 04:36 PM

> > Yesterday I saw what had to have been homemade,cause I havent seen any others like
> > it.IT said something like "Congrats Mitt on buying your 14th house.I just lost
> mine"
>
> I think that's why Obama's chances in this election are pretty good.

I almost get a queasy feeling in my gut just thinking he'll be president... again. I mean, seriously. That's just depressing as hell.

Not that I'd feel much better if Romney was elected.

Edited by Tom Braider (09/01/12 07:08 PM)

LEVEL-4

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Newport, RI
Send PM

#294910 - 09/01/12 06:44 PM

> > Yesterday I saw what had to have been homemade,cause I havent seen any others like
> > it.IT said something like "Congrats Mitt on buying your 14th house.I just lost
> mine"
> >
> > IT makes me angry when I think about how much money goes into political
> > campaigns,then it makes me sad thinking all the ways that money couldve been spent
> > much better
> >
> > The American Political System=A very bad joke
>
> Agreed.

Speaking of which (start @ 1:52):

Even if the 'Ayes' did have it, it was written on the teleprompter before the 'Nays' even got their say...

This was actually a pretty serious vote, but in the end it didn't matter...

www.randyrobbinsmusic.com
RandyRobbinsMusic on Facebook

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Just saw this bumper sticker... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#294911 - 09/01/12 07:24 PM

> > > Yesterday I saw what had to have been homemade,cause I havent seen any others
> like
> > > it.IT said something like "Congrats Mitt on buying your 14th house.I just lost
> > mine"
> >
> > I think that's why Obama's chances in this election are pretty good.
>
> I almost get a queasy feeling in my gut just thinking he'll be president... again. I
> mean, seriously. That's just depressing as hell.
>
> Not that I'd feel much better if Romney was elected.

There is no president that you'd be happy with. He doesn't exist. Feeling queasy about it is just a waste of time.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Just saw this bumper sticker... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#294914 - 09/01/12 08:34 PM

> > > Yesterday I saw what had to have been homemade,cause I havent seen any others
> like
> > > it.IT said something like "Congrats Mitt on buying your 14th house.I just lost
> > mine"
> >
> > I think that's why Obama's chances in this election are pretty good.
>
> I almost get a queasy feeling in my gut just thinking he'll be president... again. I
> mean, seriously. That's just depressing as hell.
>
> Not that I'd feel much better if Romney was elected.

Sad, but true.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5679