#294725 - 08/29/12 06:47 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJtKi-X90fM&feature=plcp

Spelunker
In need of a new user name
Reged: 06/02/12
Send PM

Re: @ Ville's: Fighting Bujutsu Demo Reel new [Re: Team Europe]
#294732 - 08/29/12 07:32 AM

Pretty amazing progress, hat's off to Ville!

Osso1
Reged: 10/17/04
Send PM

Re: @ Ville's: Fighting Bujutsu Demo Reel new [Re: Spelunker]
#294739 - 08/29/12 08:18 AM

Is Fighting Wu-shu 2nd! the japanese title of Fighting Bujutsu?
And if so, does a first Fighting Wu-shu exist?

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: @ Ville's: Fighting Bujutsu Demo Reel new [Re: Osso1]
#294740 - 08/29/12 08:56 AM

Fighting Bujutsu and Fighting Wu-shu are alternate titles for the same game. The characters 武術 are pronounced "bujutsu" in Japanese and "wushu" in Mandarin Chinese. According to Japanese Wikipedia the game's official title is "Fighting Wu-shu" in Japan and "Fighting Bujutsu" overseas (yeah, it's the overseas version that uses the Japanese pronunciation of the characters. Figure that out.)

Fighting Wu-shu/Bujutsu 2nd is a "champion edition" sort of thing that was released just 4 months after the original version. Wikipedia doesn't say what the differences are, except that it has alternate costumes that include the school uniforms from Tokimeki Memorial.

Osso1
Reged: 10/17/04
Send PM

Re: @ Ville's: Fighting Bujutsu Demo Reel new [Re: AWJ]
#294741 - 08/29/12 09:17 AM

Thanks! So the one dumped is the "champion edition", according to the screenshots on Ville's site. Is the original still undumped, then?

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Re: @ Ville's: Fighting Bujutsu Demo Reel new [Re: Team Europe]
#294743 - 08/29/12 09:20 AM

amazing progress.i would play it even in slow motion for that old man that pushed the girl by the boobs alone...

Spelunker
In need of a new user name
Reged: 06/02/12
Send PM

Re: @ Ville's: Fighting Bujutsu Demo Reel new [Re: Solstar]
#294748 - 08/29/12 11:24 AM

> amazing progress.i would play it even in slow motion for that old man that pushed the
> girl by the boobs alone...

LOL, so I wasn't the only one catching that. Also it looked like just before that he was trying a quick pantie-snatch, dirty old man!!

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: @ Ville's: Fighting Bujutsu Demo Reel new [Re: Osso1]
#294762 - 08/29/12 04:56 PM

> Thanks! So the one dumped is the "champion edition", according to the screenshots on
> Ville's site. Is the original still undumped, then?

Actually he's shown screenshots with both title screens. It may be the "champion edition" is an NVRAM unlock.

Ville Linde
Slacker
Reged: 05/09/04
Send PM

Re: @ Ville's: Fighting Bujutsu Demo Reel new [Re: R. Belmont]
#294765 - 08/29/12 05:33 PM

> Actually he's shown screenshots with both title screens. It may be the "champion
> edition" is an NVRAM unlock.

Setting the country code to UAA shows "645JAC" at startup, and the US title screen.
Setting it to JAA (or JAC) shows "745JAA", which I guess is the champion edition.

Nothing so far has produced a Japanese 645-version. It's possible that there's a version JAA hard disk that is the original Japanese release.

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: @ Ville's: Fighting Bujutsu Demo Reel new [Re: Ville Linde]
#294770 - 08/29/12 09:41 PM

> > Actually he's shown screenshots with both title screens. It may be the "champion
> > edition" is an NVRAM unlock.
>
> Setting the country code to UAA shows "645JAC" at startup, and the US title screen.
> Setting it to JAA (or JAC) shows "745JAA", which I guess is the champion edition.
>
> Nothing so far has produced a Japanese 645-version. It's possible that there's a
> version JAA hard disk that is the original Japanese release.

That's interesting; it indicates that Konami treated "2nd" as an entirely new game for Japan, but only a version upgrade for the overseas market.

My guess is that the "visible" "2nd" features (new costumes) are only enabled for Japan. Konami is (in)famous for releasing very different versions of their games overseas than in Japan, and they may have figured that dressing fighting game characters up in fetish costumes wouldn't appeal to Western players (though that didn't stop Tecmo)

Ville, if you set the country code to Japan does the demo show the characters in different costumes?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: @ Ville's: Fighting Bujutsu Demo Reel new [Re: AWJ]
#294772 - 08/29/12 10:33 PM

> That's interesting; it indicates that Konami treated "2nd" as an entirely new game
> for Japan, but only a version upgrade for the overseas market.

Given the relatively short 4 month time difference, I wouldn't be surprised if all overseas versions were simply based on "2nd". (Were there EAA (Europe/export) and AAA (non-Japan Asia) versions of Bujutsu?)

Ville Linde
Slacker
Reged: 05/09/04
Send PM

Re: @ Ville's: Fighting Bujutsu Demo Reel new [Re: R. Belmont]
#294774 - 08/29/12 11:07 PM

> > That's interesting; it indicates that Konami treated "2nd" as an entirely new game
> > for Japan, but only a version upgrade for the overseas market.
>
> Given the relatively short 4 month time difference, I wouldn't be surprised if all
> overseas versions were simply based on "2nd". (Were there EAA (Europe/export) and AAA
> (non-Japan Asia) versions of Bujutsu?)

Yeah, seems so.

EAA = No legal screen, Bujutsu title screen, 645JAC
AAA = "Asia excluding Japan", Wu-shu 2nd title screen, 745JAA

And no, no changes in clothing

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2876