Pages: 1

GameGirl3
Mame32 Gamer
Reged: 06/02/07
Loc: Chicago, IL
Send PM

I just miss Console mode in the new builds
#294470 - 08/25/12 11:25 PM

You know what I don't like about the new Mame, MameUI and Mame Plus builds? When you go to boot up that game that you play and the dip switch in the Main menu no longer has the option to choose between Arcade and Home(Console) mode in most games anymore. That's why I've been sticking to the older builds because the dip switch has that setting option. *sigh* That's impossible to do nowadays in the newer builds. Any idea on when or if Mame will have that dip switch setting back in future builds?

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: I just miss Console mode in the new builds new [Re: GameGirl3]
#294476 - 08/26/12 12:05 AM

> You know what I don't like about the new Mame, MameUI and Mame Plus builds? When you
> go to boot up that game that you play and the dip switch in the Main menu no longer
> has the option to choose between Arcade and Home(Console) mode in most games anymore.
> That's why I've been sticking to the older builds because the dip switch has that
> setting option. *sigh* That's impossible to do nowadays in the newer builds. Any idea
> on when or if Mame will have that dip switch setting back in future builds?

You can play the home console versions (Neo Geo AES and CPS Changer) in MESS.

What stone-age version of MAME were you using that still has that option?

S

GameGirl3
Mame32 Gamer
Reged: 06/02/07
Loc: Chicago, IL
Send PM

Re: I just miss Console mode in the new builds new [Re: Sune]
#294560 - 08/27/12 03:26 AM

That's just it about MESS, it's an entire "MESS" to figure all out. Mame Plus surely had that option.

Edited by GameGirl3 (08/27/12 03:27 AM)

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#294564 - 08/27/12 04:02 AM

> That's just it about MESS, it's an entire "MESS" to figure all out. Mame Plus surely
> had that option.

What's so hard to figure out? If you can use MAME surely you can use MESS

http://www.progettoemma.net/mess/

Put bios files in MESS/roms
put software list directories in MESS/roms
RUN "mess64 system nameofzip"

OR you can use QMC2 or MAMEload Front end and bam you're in the game

Malmanian
Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: スウェーデン
Send PM

#294591 - 08/27/12 03:21 PM

Greetings! I would recommend using UME (MAME & MESS combined):

http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2012/08/20/ume-0-146u5/

----
“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” --Albert Einstein

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#294603 - 08/27/12 08:23 PM

> You know what I don't like about the new Mame, MameUI and Mame Plus builds? When you
> go to boot up that game that you play and the dip switch in the Main menu no longer
> has the option to choose between Arcade and Home(Console) mode in most games anymore.
> That's why I've been sticking to the older builds because the dip switch has that
> setting option. *sigh* That's impossible to do nowadays in the newer builds. Any idea
> on when or if Mame will have that dip switch setting back in future builds?

There's an alternative. If you press tab key (default key) while in game, it will bring the emulator menu. Choose "BIOS Selection" (strange it's spelled as "Bios Selection"), set "driver" to any Universe Bios (I recommend "Universe Bios (Hack, Ver 2.3)" then in the same window select "Reset". Emulator will restart showing the custom BIOS boot screen. Press buttons "A" + "B" + "C" at the same time immediately (that's P1 buttons 1, 2 and 3) and change your settings at will including console mode in "Region Setup".

Sounds complicated at first, but if you knew how to set console in dip switches you won't have problems using this. It gives the same results, but takes 5 seconds more to configure. On the other hand you save that time because the BIOS disables boot up hardware tests by default. No more starting green screen for something it's not hardware and it's unlikely to fail unless you files get corrupted somehow.

EDIT: BTW, did I mention it has cheats? While in game press "1 Player start" + "Coin 1" buttons at the same time.

Edited by BIOS-D (08/27/12 08:29 PM)

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#294607 - 08/27/12 09:01 PM

> Any idea on when or if Mame will have that dip switch setting back in future builds?

It won't

*sigh*

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#294619 - 08/27/12 11:49 PM

> That's just it about MESS, it's an entire "MESS" to figure all out. Mame Plus surely
> had that option.

It works exactly 100% like MAME does. Seriously.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3082