View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Jred
I gotta have more cowbell
Reged: 04/27/04
Send PM

Question to the DU
#294287 - 08/22/12 11:17 PM

Hey guys, not begging for emulation just curious about something.

Has any work been done to get the older (yet newer) Golden Teen images/boards dumped? GT 2013 Live is about to come out, but I haven't seen an arcade running a version older than 2007 since about 2008. People are always quick to run the upgrades, so was curious if any efort has been done to preserve the older or day i say _obsolete_ versions?

I realize that it'll probably be a decode before they are emulated because of hardware and morality, but just want to see thems aved, really good games.

Reznor007
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Norman, OK, USA
Send PM

Re: Question to the DU new [Re: Jred]
#294289 - 08/22/12 11:30 PM

I've dumped a GT 2005 hard drive and boot ROM several years ago and I believe I sent it to someone. If not I still have it on my PC somewhere.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#294292 - 08/22/12 11:48 PM

When I've asked in the past the answer has been that all the games are dumped from the Fore series. Of course that just means one revision of each of the years. I can't keep up with them beyond that until they are added to mame, don't even have the dumps. The games aren't hard to get and I know a couple of people who have some of them and a box of discs but I can't see most people moving their ass on stuff like this until there is a driver.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Question to the DU new [Re: Smitdogg]
#294330 - 08/23/12 05:26 PM

> When I've asked in the past the answer has been that all the games are dumped from
> the Fore series. Of course that just means one revision of each of the years. I can't
> keep up with them beyond that until they are added to mame, don't even have the
> dumps. The games aren't hard to get and I know a couple of people who have some of
> them and a box of discs but I can't see most people moving their ass on stuff like
> this until there is a driver.

Incorrect. There are multiple versions dumped of most of the years, and both standalone and updater versions at that. I have a driver, I just need to find where the CD full of dumps that Troha sent me 2 or 3 moves ago is.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: Question to the DU new [Re: Reznor007]
#294331 - 08/23/12 05:29 PM

> I've dumped a GT 2005 hard drive and boot ROM several years ago and I believe I sent
> it to someone. If not I still have it on my PC somewhere.

Please PM me about that harddrive.

We have about 15 versions of the boot ROM (not even kidding) thanks to Brian Troha

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Question to the DU new [Re: R. Belmont]
#294341 - 08/23/12 07:47 PM

> > I've dumped a GT 2005 hard drive and boot ROM several years ago and I believe I
> sent
> > it to someone. If not I still have it on my PC somewhere.
>
> Please PM me about that harddrive.
>
> We have about 15 versions of the boot ROM (not even kidding) thanks to Brian Troha

I have a box of various CDs, boot roms and security chips lying around too...
I think we verified that the CDs were all imaged, not sure on the rest.

Jred
Send PM

Re: Question to the DU new [Re: italie]
#294413 - 08/24/12 05:08 PM

Wow, great guys, glad to see it's already in the works

Jred
Send PM

#294414 - 08/24/12 05:09 PM

Now you're making me start to drool. Although i'm 100% sure my current MAME cab couldn't push even a 2005 version of GT.

JimmyU
Bustin' Heads
Reged: 12/11/07
Send PM

#294631 - 08/28/12 05:12 AM

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the GT:Fore series use some sort of custom Linux?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: Question to the DU new [Re: JimmyU]
#294664 - 08/28/12 05:11 PM

> If I'm not mistaken, didn't the GT:Fore series use some sort of custom Linux?

The boot ROM is a leaning tower of GPL violations (glibc and e2fstools are represented, among other GPL'ed projects) and the Linux Foundation could probably legally force IT to open-source the entire Fore! series if they felt like it. Back during the GT series' 15 minutes of fame, people got quite upset at me for discovering that; now that the series is all but dead I think it's a little safer to do more work on the driver.

Jred
Send PM

#294822 - 08/31/12 02:53 AM

The current Live! versions run Linux. When the machine at the bar reboots cause someone hit the shit out of it, you can see the services loading and an fsck go off. There's also an init script to check for the update disc.

It says at startup, "Nighthawk ver. xxx.xxx.xxx, bootloader ver. xxx.xxx.xxx" don't remember the exact version numbers.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#294827 - 08/31/12 04:15 AM

> The current Live! versions run Linux. When the machine at the bar reboots cause
> someone hit the shit out of it, you can see the services loading and an fsck go off.
> There's also an init script to check for the update disc.
>
> It says at startup, "Nighthawk ver. xxx.xxx.xxx, bootloader ver. xxx.xxx.xxx" don't
> remember the exact version numbers.

Yup. They've also got the option to have little cell phones inside of them that stream updates. Sprint is the provider IIRC.
Security done by USB CID.

Jred
Send PM

Re: Question to the DU new [Re: italie]
#294865 - 08/31/12 07:57 PM

They do have CDMA cell modems, but my understanding is that this is not for updates. It is just specifically to play Live tournaments and do in game purchases of equipment.

When the guy has done all the updates in the past in the bar, it's with an attached cd-rom with the appropriate disc. maybe dvd-rom these days.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#294887 - 09/01/12 05:41 AM

> They do have CDMA cell modems, but my understanding is that this is not for updates.
> It is just specifically to play Live tournaments and do in game purchases of
> equipment.
>
> When the guy has done all the updates in the past in the bar, it's with an attached
> cd-rom with the appropriate disc. maybe dvd-rom these days.

I should have been clearer on that. Yeah, game updates are disc. Scores, purchases, and video are through the celly

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 274 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1993