View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

CD / DVD burning software recommendations on Windows 7
#294269 - 08/22/12 08:09 PM

I'm upgrading my mother-in-law's computer to Windows 7 after a hard drive failure.

I've discovered that my old standby, Nero 6.6 doesn't work on Windows 7 for god knows what reason (those bastards). I've heard rumors that Nero 6.3 or lower will work, but I haven't investigated that path yet.

My mother-in-law only burns a few CDs or DVDs a year, but when she does it has to be a wizard-driven interface that's easy for older people to follow, which pretty much rules out things like Imgburn.

Assuming I were to purchase a new CD/DVD burning suite-type-product, what's good these days? I remember that Roxio used to install a bunch of shit on your system that made it unstable back in the day, which is what drove me to Nero, but I'm not sure if that's true anymore. Can anyone recommend something? The primary considerations are easy-to-use, closely followed by cheap.

I know that Nero offers a "family license", which is the sort of thing that I'm probably going to need, unless you know for a fact that you can install it on several PCs without it complaining.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: CD / DVD burning software recommendations on Windows 7 new [Re: krick]
#294270 - 08/22/12 08:34 PM

I use Nero 10 mostly. I'm not as particular about little details as I once was. It works "fine".

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Newport, RI
Send PM

#294272 - 08/22/12 09:01 PM

I use Nero 6.6.0.14 on my home XP machine. When I had tried out Win 7 for several months last year, I upgraded to Nero 10... Iirc, it still worked pretty much the same as 6, just that it worked on Win 7.

www.randyrobbinsmusic.com
RandyRobbinsMusic on Facebook

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#294279 - 08/22/12 10:24 PM

> I'm upgrading my mother-in-law's computer to Windows 7 after a hard drive failure.
>
> I've discovered that my old standby, Nero 6.6 doesn't work on Windows 7 for god knows
> what reason (those bastards). I've heard rumors that Nero 6.3 or lower will work, but
> I haven't investigated that path yet.
>
> My mother-in-law only burns a few CDs or DVDs a year, but when she does it has to be
> a wizard-driven interface that's easy for older people to follow, which pretty much
> rules out things like Imgburn.
>
> Assuming I were to purchase a new CD/DVD burning suite-type-product, what's good
> these days? I remember that Roxio used to install a bunch of shit on your system that
> made it unstable back in the day, which is what drove me to Nero, but I'm not sure if
> that's true anymore. Can anyone recommend something? The primary considerations are
> easy-to-use, closely followed by cheap.
>
> I know that Nero offers a "family license", which is the sort of thing that I'm
> probably going to need, unless you know for a fact that you can install it on several
> PCs without it complaining.

I used CDBurnerXP before I switched to IMGBurn. CDBurnerXP has wizards and stuff and looks a lot like Nero so she might like it.

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/doku.php

Giandoer
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/18/17
Send PM

#368080 - 07/21/17 10:27 AM

As for windows 7 system, If you just need a free version burning software you can try . This is free software however I met a werid and difficult glitchwhen using it. I inserted the blank DVD which I had burned the original video to and tried running it in my Sony player. In some cases, the screen is blurry. I still have no idea why it happened like this. Maybe it is affected by the copyright protection or region code of the disc? I newbie in this field. You could try on this but i am not sure whether you will meet the same problem Another alternative solution is to use handbrake and you can refer to this article here: . HandBrake is faster than the former one while it only supports mp4 and avi format. At last make sure your blank disc is VOB MPEG2 before burning or it will never succeed, i have been failed by this for several times.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Dude. 5 years. (nt) new [Re: Giandoer]
#368085 - 07/21/17 07:18 PM

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Robospammer don't care (nt) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#368087 - 07/21/17 07:20 PM

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Robospammer don't care (nt) new [Re: Haze]
#368088 - 07/21/17 07:22 PM

But isn't handbrake free and open source? So it makes no sense to have a bot spammer for it.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Robospammer don't care (nt) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#368089 - 07/21/17 07:23 PM

it's clearly some kind of 'can access board' test.

read the post, it's nonsense, there's probably meant to be payload but it's broken, note the 'you can try .' where something should be inserted.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Robospammer don't care (nt) new [Re: Haze]
#368091 - 07/21/17 08:47 PM Attachment: spamtext.txt 2 KB (8 downloads)

I got a notification email from the forum software and the links came through.

Before each link, there's an HTML comment. It's also weird that it's broken up into two lines (the first is 990 characters long) and there's a space as the first character of each line.

I've attached a text file with the source in case it helps with making rules to detect automated spam.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Robospammer don't care (nt) new [Re: krick]
#368092 - 07/21/17 09:04 PM

> I got a notification email from the forum software and the links came through.
>
> Before each link, there's an HTML comment. It's also weird that it's broken up into
> two lines (the first is 990 characters long) and there's a space as the first
> character of each line.
>
> I've attached a text file with the source in case it helps with making rules to
> detect automated spam.

They're trying to add invisible links that can be detected by Google's crawlers, increasing their search rank. It's BS.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 307 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2349