Pages: 1

Breetai
Semi-Lurker "full time drinker"
Reged: 11/02/03
Loc: Omaha
Send PM

What fun I had today!?!
#291880 - 07/16/12 01:20 AM

So I knew I needed brake pads. Yesterday when I was stopped at a light, I heard a metal clunking noise and started roll forward. I drove home very carefully. I got the wheel off and the pad was completely gone. The caliper was directly on the rotor. I have never seen that before. I should have taken a pic. Oh and I fought to get the piston on the caliber pushed back in with my handy dandy c clamp. It had gone to far out when the pad fell off. Well it was way too much fun on this Sunday.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: What fun I had today!?! new [Re: Breetai]
#291881 - 07/16/12 01:30 AM

> So I knew I needed brake pads. Yesterday when I was stopped at a light, I heard a
> metal clunking noise and started roll forward. I drove home very carefully. I got the
> wheel off and the pad was completely gone. The caliper was directly on the rotor. I
> have never seen that before. I should have taken a pic. Oh and I fought to get the
> piston on the caliber pushed back in with my handy dandy c clamp. It had gone to far
> out when the pad fell off. Well it was way too much fun on this Sunday.

Hopefully it wasn't one of those calipers that needed to be twisted instead of compressed...

(learned that one the hard way)

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: What fun I had today!?! new [Re: Breetai]
#291884 - 07/16/12 02:23 AM

> So I knew I needed brake pads. Yesterday when I was stopped at a light, I heard a
> metal clunking noise and started roll forward. I drove home very carefully. I got the
> wheel off and the pad was completely gone. The caliper was directly on the rotor. I
> have never seen that before. I should have taken a pic. Oh and I fought to get the
> piston on the caliber pushed back in with my handy dandy c clamp. It had gone to far
> out when the pad fell off. Well it was way too much fun on this Sunday.

Was it a GM vehicle? Some of the floater calipers can let the pad go when they get too thin... Be very careful with that!

Breetai
Semi-Lurker "full time drinker"
Reged: 11/02/03
Loc: Omaha
Send PM

Re: What fun I had today!?! new [Re: jeremymtc]
#291885 - 07/16/12 02:32 AM

> > So I knew I needed brake pads. Yesterday when I was stopped at a light, I heard a
> > metal clunking noise and started roll forward. I drove home very carefully. I got
> the
> > wheel off and the pad was completely gone. The caliper was directly on the rotor. I
> > have never seen that before. I should have taken a pic. Oh and I fought to get the
> > piston on the caliber pushed back in with my handy dandy c clamp. It had gone to
> far
> > out when the pad fell off. Well it was way too much fun on this Sunday.
>
>
> Was it a GM vehicle? Some of the floater calipers can let the pad go when they get
> too thin... Be very careful with that!

Nope a shitty Isuzu rodeo. I got it like three year ago it had only 70K miles on it. Payed cash at an Adesa auto auction. It even has remote start.

Edited by Breetai (07/16/12 02:39 AM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 482 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 993