View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: The Black
Send PM

Need Win7 network profile help...
#291777 - 07/14/12 07:27 PM Attachment: grrrrr.jpg 34 KB (1 downloads)

How the frak can I change this? Three identical laptops in the house, two are set to "Home" and this one's stuck on "Public" and the systray icon has a red "X" (even though it IS connected to the home wireless network...it can access the internet and network shared drives)...

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Need Win7 network profile help... new [Re: dfrance]
#291790 - 07/14/12 11:35 PM

> How the frak can I change this? Three identical laptops in the house, two are set to
> "Home" and this one's stuck on "Public" and the systray icon has a red "X" (even
> though it IS connected to the home wireless network...it can access the internet and
> network shared drives)...

Delete its network connection and reboot? Or run the troubleshooter as administrator and see if that will reset things.

I've had some strange network issues too, folders that won't become unshared again for example. If you see a button that says "let Windows manage your [whatever]" be careful. lol

S

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: The Black
Send PM

Re: Need Win7 network profile help... new [Re: Sune]
#291803 - 07/15/12 02:29 AM

Thanks - will try that. Did a little digging and there's four "network adapters"; the wired ethernet port ("realtek" - which I think is what the systray icon's locked onto - the red "x" goes away when I plug it into the router...updated that driver), the wireless "broadcom" adapter (updated that driver to the latest to see if that would help - it didn't), a bluetooth adapter, and a MS Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter.

Everything's got a red "X" (except the broadcom wireless). Tried disabling everything and enabling only the wireless...rebooted...etc. Will try you suggestion...

Thanks. I know this isn't a tech support forum, but it's the only forum I frequent (in addition to KLOV) where there's actual intelligence...except for Orc (just kidding mate)

> > How the frak can I change this? Three identical laptops in the house, two are set
> to
> > "Home" and this one's stuck on "Public" and the systray icon has a red "X" (even
> > though it IS connected to the home wireless network...it can access the internet
> and
> > network shared drives)...
>
> Delete its network connection and reboot? Or run the troubleshooter as administrator
> and see if that will reset things.
>
> I've had some strange network issues too, folders that won't become unshared again
> for example. If you see a button that says "let Windows manage your [whatever]" be
> careful. lol
>
> S

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 822