MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Gemini
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Georgia
Send PM

fireworks program/screensaver
#290803 - 07/03/12 03:20 AM Attachment: kate-upton-cover.jpg 161 KB (0 downloads)

Does anyone know of a good freeware fireworks program or screen saver? I'm looking for one that has good graphics and sound. I liked the old vrFireworks screen saver, but it doesn't work in Windows 7.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

Re: fireworks program/screensaver new [Re: Gemini]
#290860 - 07/03/12 10:18 PM Attachment: ss.zip 490 KB (4 downloads)

> Does anyone know of a good freeware fireworks program or screen saver? I'm looking
> for one that has good graphics and sound. I liked the old vrFireworks screen saver,
> but it doesn't work in Windows 7.

Here's a couple of old ones I've used. One has no sound, but it looks cool. The other has sound, but doesn't look as cool imo. No idea if they work in Win7.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#290863 - 07/03/12 10:56 PM

> Does anyone know of a good freeware fireworks program or screen saver? I'm looking
> for one that has good graphics and sound.

Try Skyrocket from here:
http://www.reallyslick.com/screensavers/

S

Gemini
Loc: Georgia
Send PM

Thanks Allnatural and Sune new [Re: Gemini]
#290908 - 07/04/12 03:33 PM

Fireflower and Skyrocket both worked fine in Windows 7.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

#290921 - 07/04/12 06:47 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know of a good freeware fireworks program or screen saver?

There was one that I ran for DOS back in the early '90s during my misguided youthful period. I'll have to dig deep within my archives to rediscover it (I think it was named "Pyro", though I recall there was a DOS ANSI-based game with that same name that involved putting out forest fires). But it was fun watching with a decent buzz on within a dark room on an ol' 14" CRT display.

Standard 640x480x16 VGA. Does trailing projectiles, fountains and the usual mid-air explosions. Nice simple stuff.

Now I realize I haven't fun a firework computer-based thingee since then. Nowadaze you can get 5.1 Surround with massive bass response for the explosions as well as the smell of sulfur and cordite via Smell-O-Round Aroma Ambience API. ;-)

I may have to make a trip to Ford City to catch the show tonight. Charging up the JVC Everio and snagging a tripod... :-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 712 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2070