MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Trnzaddict
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/24/10
Send PM

Trying to play cd32 games...get screen with key, how to progress?
#289963 - 06/21/12 01:21 AM

Hi guys I'm trying to make some missing emumovies for my mame setup on Hyperspin and I've run into a few games that are emulated by the cd 32 driver in mame that I can't figure out how to get by.

Like Candy puzzle boots, gets by the bios screen then I see this screen with a key , a crosshair and a green and red padlock. No matter what I press I can't progress.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Trying to play cd32 games...get screen with key, how to progress? new [Re: Trnzaddict]
#289968 - 06/21/12 04:39 AM

> Hi guys I'm trying to make some missing emumovies for my mame setup on Hyperspin and
> I've run into a few games that are emulated by the cd 32 driver in mame that I can't
> figure out how to get by.
>
> Like Candy puzzle boots, gets by the bios screen then I see this screen with a key ,
> a crosshair and a green and red padlock. No matter what I press I can't progress.

The game is broken right now. Try again in u2.

Trnzaddict
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/24/10
Send PM

Re: Trying to play cd32 games...get screen with key, how to progress? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#289991 - 06/21/12 07:12 PM

> > Hi guys I'm trying to make some missing emumovies for my mame setup on Hyperspin
> and
> > I've run into a few games that are emulated by the cd 32 driver in mame that I
> can't
> > figure out how to get by.
> >
> > Like Candy puzzle boots, gets by the bios screen then I see this screen with a key
> ,
> > a crosshair and a green and red padlock. No matter what I press I can't progress.
>
> The game is broken right now. Try again in u2.

Huh. That's weird I generated a working only parent list in mameui 146 and it listed it as working. Actually I see you individually fixed the cd32 driver so it can find the CD. Awesome. I'll wait for u2.

Thanks!!

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Trying to play cd32 games...get screen with key, how to progress? new [Re: Trnzaddict]
#289997 - 06/21/12 10:07 PM

> > > Hi guys I'm trying to make some missing emumovies for my mame setup on Hyperspin
> > and
> > > I've run into a few games that are emulated by the cd 32 driver in mame that I
> > can't
> > > figure out how to get by.
> > >
> > > Like Candy puzzle boots, gets by the bios screen then I see this screen with a
> key
> > ,
> > > a crosshair and a green and red padlock. No matter what I press I can't progress.
>
> >
> > The game is broken right now. Try again in u2.
>
> Huh. That's weird I generated a working only parent list in mameui 146 and it listed
> it as working. Actually I see you individually fixed the cd32 driver so it can find
> the CD. Awesome. I'll wait for u2.
>
> Thanks!!

It was working and it's expected to work, just regressed for a time:
http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=4821

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#290055 - 06/22/12 03:11 PM

> Huh. That's weird I generated a working only parent list in mameui 146 and it listed
> it as working.

Whether a game is marked as working or not, has no relationship to whether it's actually working at any particular time.

Some games break and some start working without the flag being updated.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 346 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2172