MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Hats off to Eduard Khil la la la la lalala la la LAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! :-)
#288795 - 06/06/12 07:50 AM

For once an ED article that has quite a bit of reverence for a man that sparked an Internet meme 44 years later...and the man dug it!

Sing along with it! :-)

Epic Family Guy cover:

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: Hats off to Eduard Khil la la la la lalala la la LAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! :-) new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#288879 - 06/07/12 01:47 PM

> For once an ED article that has quite a bit of reverence for a man that sparked an
> Internet meme 44 years later...and the man dug it!
>
> Sing along with it! :-)
>
> Epic Family Guy cover:
>
>
> --Bekki

I trolololed

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Hats off to Eduard Khil la la la la lalala la la LAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! :-) new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#288889 - 06/07/12 07:25 PM

You can tell by watching the original video that he knew it was funny then so I'm not sure why anyone was surprised that he was OK with the internet comedy popularity whatever. People thought he was going to be like Coolio when Weird Al did Amish Paradise or something. I'm glad he didn't die before the internet popularity hit. It must have been a nice final gift for him.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Hats off to Eduard Khil la la la la lalala la la LAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! :-) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#288890 - 06/07/12 07:34 PM

> You can tell by watching the original video that he knew it was funny then so I'm not
> sure why anyone was surprised that he was OK with the internet comedy popularity
> whatever. People thought he was going to be like Coolio when Weird Al did Amish
> Paradise or something. I'm glad he didn't die before the internet popularity hit. It
> must have been a nice final gift for him.

It's pretty interesting that the whole reason for the song being so weird is that they were basically winking at the Soviet censors. The whole thing kind of almost makes sense in that context.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Send PM

Re: Hats off to Eduard Khil la la la la lalala la la LAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! :-) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#288939 - 06/08/12 07:13 AM

Quote:

People thought he was going to be like Coolio when Weird Al did Amish Paradise or something.

The media luvs drama, especially when it involves over-inflated egos.

Quote:

I'm glad he didn't die before the internet popularity hit. It must have been a nice final gift for him.

Reading further he did his thing to poke fun at the Soviet's censorship. Even if people didn't get that joke there is still no way to get around the infectious fun of "Trolololo"...and having it wind up as an earworm as one starts singing along.

It's like the oft-whistled "Colonel Bogey March": My summer campmates and I, back when I was a kid, whistled that while on long hikes. It was just fun! I didn't know the words to it but now I can see how subversive it is, especially after watching "The Bridge On The River Kwai".

Anyway, I can see how happy he was when he later found out that the world heard his song. What better way is there to go out of this life than realizing that most of the wired world knows your song? Even if one doesn't know the story behind the song I can't find any fault in how much silly fun it is. :-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

#288944 - 06/08/12 03:33 PM

Quote:

It's like the oft-whistled "Colonel Bogey March"...I didn't know the words to it...

These were the words I used to always sing back in Boy Scouts...

"Scrotum; it is a piece of skin
Scrotum; it holds your testes in
Scrotum; don't overload'em
Or your scrotum will surely explodum."

Needless to say I always got in trouble, and quite a lot of laughs

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Deez new [Re: Hizzout]
#288970 - 06/09/12 12:19 AM

Quote:

These were the words I used to always sing back in Boy Scouts...

"Scrotum; it is a piece of skin
Scrotum; it holds your testes in
Scrotum; don't overload'em
Or your scrotum will surely explodum."

Needless to say I always got in trouble, and quite a lot of laughs

Thank you for the second set of lyrics (I already had the WWII set). Now I'll never get that out of my head now! LOL!

--Bekki

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 94 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1482