View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Mexican Sprite
#287777 - 05/25/12 05:39 AM

So... we've discussed how Mexican Coca-Cola is pretty tasty and all compared to the usual (glass bottled, cane sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup) every once in a while, but you know what's even better? Mexican Sprite in a green glass bottle. OMG. Stay away from it, it's crack!

The local importers of the Mexican beverages have been bringing in Fanta and Sprite lately along with their bottled Coke and I've had an opportunity to try the Sprite once. And now, two or three times. *sigh*

As the bottle says, "REFRESCO". REFRESCO indeed.

(you may be a bit overweight if... if this is even a topic of conversation)

- Stiletto

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

The early 80s started ruining soda in the US..... new [Re: Stiletto]
#287779 - 05/25/12 06:00 AM

Not that I have a hankering to drink any of it, mind.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Mexican Sprite new [Re: Stiletto]
#287782 - 05/25/12 06:15 AM

> So... we've discussed how Mexican Coca-Cola is pretty tasty and all compared to the
> usual (glass bottled, cane sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup) every once in a
> while, but you know what's even better? Mexican Sprite in a green glass bottle. OMG.
> Stay away from it, it's crack!

Sierra Mist went to cane sugar a while ago, it's not that bad. When soda us the only choice, I go for that when I can. Trader Joe's, and the Whole Foods 365 brand sodas are good, too. Not only do they not have corn syrup, the colas are naturally caffeine free, too.

These days, I tend to drink unsweetened, flavored seltzer water mostly.

> (you may be a bit overweight if... if this is even a topic of conversation)

Fat bastards, unite!

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

10 oz? Uh, I'll have two please. new [Re: Stiletto]
#287789 - 05/25/12 07:22 AM

Holy hell, at least Ramune has an awesome bottle to make up for the lack of actual product.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

#287938 - 05/26/12 11:05 PM

Quote:

The local importers of the Mexican beverages have been bringing in Fanta and Sprite lately along with their bottled Coke and I've had an opportunity to try the Sprite once. And now, two or three times. *sigh*

Like, far out man!!!

I went to a cookout today at Crooked Creek and along the way I passed through Cadogan, PA. I noticed that there is a "Reyna Foods" distro in that town! I didn't stop to fully verify my glance but Reyna is a big time Mexican food importer that also has a location within the Strip district in Pittsburgh, PA.

Cadogan is not far at all from me. The next time I need to go to Ford City or Kittanning I'll definitely stop and verify. Closely. :-)

I hope it's not a mirage due to the heat.

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#287940 - 05/26/12 11:10 PM Attachment: Mexican Sprite.png 15 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: 10 oz? Uh, I'll have two please. new [Re: aavada]
#287942 - 05/26/12 11:41 PM

> Holy hell, at least Ramune has an awesome bottle to make up for the lack of actual
> product.

I bet you actually pay at least twice for a national bottle with the same quantity. Here we can buy a 1.5 liter bottle with only one dollar. Even a 2 liter one depending on the product.

EDIT: Of course, if we are talking about Coca-Cola company products they cost approx. $1.50 USD

JimmyU
Bustin' Heads
Reged: 12/11/07
Send PM

#287944 - 05/27/12 12:28 AM

I had Sprite Zero the other day and it was probably the best diet soda I ever had. It didn't have any noticable metallic taste you get with other diet sodas.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Mexican Sprite new [Re: JimmyU]
#287948 - 05/27/12 12:59 AM

> I had Sprite Zero the other day and it was probably the best diet soda I ever had. It
> didn't have any noticable metallic taste you get with other diet sodas.

Metallic? I've never thought of that "diet" flavor as metallic. But I tend to always recognize it.... as that e-coli fecal matter known as aspartame. I'm wary of drinking that like I am fluoridated (and chlorinated) tap water. At the church I attend, in that city (a town that has been rated as one of the top 10 speed traps in the nation ) the water is fl/cl'd (for short) and I can't even take a sip of it without it burning the back of my throat.

'Guess that veered off-topic. But anyway (on topic).... I've cut back drastically on carbonated beverages as of late. I don't know if I'm getting an allergy to one of the ingredients or what (maybe the phosphoric acid or the corn syrup, or anything else) -since I almost always seem to get a hive or two somewhere on my body... Usually on my back, or on my upper arms/shoulders.

I guess to substitute my (alleged) cola addiction I've switched to Kool-Aid. Current favorites are Strawberry Kiwi, and the newest flavor (I think) Peach Mango. Time to get more exercise and less sitting around on the computer. Maybe practice more nunchacku techniques.

eta: Woah! Why does the video on the bottom of the page have something in the green box about "taste metallic"(?)? That seemed weird that it was mentioned here and also in that box. Like some kind of spam filter script wizardry.

Coinky-dink I'm sure.

Edited by Tom Braider (05/27/12 01:12 AM)

LEVEL-4

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: Mexican Sprite new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#287949 - 05/27/12 01:13 AM

I dont get a metallic taste from diet soda unless its from a can,which then all soda has a metallic taste but as far as diet and zero soda's go I cant stand that too sweet yet fake sweet aftertaste.

Lately Ive been drinking throwback Pepsi,made with REAL sugar!

LOL @ the "limited" time only its been out for 3 years

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: Throwback Mountain Dew new [Re: mesk]
#287951 - 05/27/12 01:25 AM

If you want REAL "Throwback Mountain Dew" that matches the label of that can you can always make a trip to Kane, PA, and score some 'shine!

Which leads me to wonder: I wonder how many have tried to ferment Mountain Dew to give it an extra kick. When you have wild vintners with a bunch of yeast and equipment I'm sure there may be some experimentin' goin' on (Zima? Fermented 7-UP with some flat beer mixed in).

I'm in the middle of red-county territory. I don't act on them but I know these things. ;-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Careful with that Mt Dew... new [Re: mesk]
#287954 - 05/27/12 01:50 AM

It'll tickle your innards.

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

Re: Careful with that Mt Dew... new [Re: aavada]
#287991 - 05/27/12 08:16 AM

Maybe we could load up our resident art guy with some, see if we can't make a Mr. Dew out of him!

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Careful with that Mt Dew... new [Re: Firehawke]
#287992 - 05/27/12 08:27 AM

> Maybe we could load up our resident art guy with some, see if we can't make a Mr. Dew
> out of him!

That was clever.

For now, though, I'm gonna stick with this one:

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: 10 oz? Uh, I'll have two please. new [Re: aavada]
#287993 - 05/27/12 08:29 AM

> Holy hell, at least Ramune has an awesome bottle to make up for the lack of actual
> product.

Or maybe it's because we don't need to drink 64 ounce bottles with our superburgers.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#287994 - 05/27/12 08:30 AM

Coincidentally, I've always hated Mexican Sprite.

Something about it just tastes wrong.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4115