MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Best Buy bucks
#287389 - 05/22/12 10:13 PM

A couple weeks ago I got a $50 gift certificate to Best Buy for fixing a computer for someone. Being that I actually don't like Best Buy and don't shop there, but I don't want to be out $50 what should I do?

Are there any games or hardware that I could get with the gift card, and turn around and sell and get close to the $50?

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: Best Buy bucks new [Re: Hizzout]
#287419 - 05/23/12 03:38 AM

> A couple weeks ago I got a $50 gift certificate to Best Buy for fixing a computer for
> someone. Being that I actually don't like Best Buy and don't shop there, but I don't
> want to be out $50 what should I do?
>
> Are there any games or hardware that I could get with the gift card, and turn around
> and sell and get close to the $50?

I'd just go down there and burn up the $50 on something utilitarian, like cables, usb sticks, SD cards, or headphones or some crap. Yes, the $50 won't go very far, but sounds like it's pretty much found money anyway.

On the flipside, you could probably get $35 or $40 for it on Ebay, but that is as much, if not more hassle than just burning the fucker.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Best Buy bucks- Re-Gifted! <nt> new [Re: jeremymtc]
#287425 - 05/23/12 04:31 AM

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: Best Buy bucks new [Re: Hizzout]
#287426 - 05/23/12 05:01 AM

> A couple weeks ago I got a $50 gift certificate to Best Buy for fixing a computer for
> someone. Being that I actually don't like Best Buy and don't shop there, but I don't
> want to be out $50 what should I do?
>
> Are there any games or hardware that I could get with the gift card, and turn around
> and sell and get close to the $50?

Sell Your Gift Cards

Quote:

For Best Buy we pay up to 92.4%

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: Best Buy bucks new [Re: Gor]
#287510 - 05/23/12 07:27 PM

Thanks! This worked....got $45 for it so that's not bad, but I've got to mail in the gift card before getting the money, so it'll take a couple of days but that's a good site to remember for future gift cards.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: Best Buy bucks new [Re: jeremymtc]
#288001 - 05/27/12 11:12 AM

Quote:

I'd just go down there and burn up the $50 on something utilitarian, like cables, usb sticks, SD cards, or headphones or some crap.

I've found that "Best Buy" usually isn't the best deal. I'm spoiled with comparison shopping from Amazon or eBay. :-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Best Buy bucks new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#288024 - 05/27/12 06:12 PM

> I've found that "Best Buy" usually isn't the best deal. I'm spoiled with comparison
> shopping from Amazon or eBay. :-)

So are they, incidentally.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/26/best-buy-big-box-stores_n_1547751.html

- Stiletto

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Send PM

Re: Best Buy bucks new [Re: Stiletto]
#288035 - 05/27/12 10:15 PM

Quote:

> I've found that "Best Buy" usually isn't the best deal. I'm spoiled with comparison
> shopping from Amazon or eBay. :-)

So are they, incidentally.

They're going the way of Borders and Circuit City.

Borders's demise was obvious: AAmeriKKKa is a functionally illiterate country. And malls are passé nowadaze.

If'n you want to know how bad things really are for a dead industry one can take a look at the Pittsburgh Mills Mall. One of the anchors was a Borders while, on the opposite side, there was a bowling alley for exec-types (nothing says FAILURE like that, as if the people involved in that bright idea never heard of "The Dude").

Sidenote: It's FAILURE, not FAIL, y҉a͞ ͞laz̸y ͘chat̷sp͠eaki̶ng A̶̸Ò̷L ͞i̷̕͞l҉̨̛l̡į͜t͡er̛̛̀at͡e̸̵̕͝ŕ̸̨͟e̶̢t̵̡̨͢a͏̢̢̕͢r̵̶͡d҉̴҉̷s̕̕͠͞!́́̕͘͜

(catching breath) Anyway, the bowling alley went kaput and was changed into a Dingbats which, as of this writing, is now another vacant anchor. And the mall itself has about a third of its space composed of empty storefronts, a mall-based "church", a charter school front and municipal office for the township. About the only thing that place is good for is for walking a few laps and nothing else.

The ultimate irony is that if the mall was built fifteen years ago then it would've made much more financial sense. But the township didn't seem to understand that due to stupidity and greed in general. Eventually it got built but the prime time for its opening passed.

But I won't totally diss the place. After all they have a "Gauntlet: Dark Legacy" cab for sale there for $300 within its ailing and failing arcade. Yeah, it speaks volumes when the arcade machines are tagged to be sold within that mall's arcade.

As for the 'Best Buy" within that entire section of developed property, I was hoping I'd get a job there. I didn't get the job but now I can see why. I have a feeling that the Mill's Best Buy will get the axe.

And just because that it's not a "Best Buy" for deals on hardware and that I didn't get the job, I can only say "Good riddance". Ḿa͢y̷ t͘he ͞Dark On̕e͡s̸ ri̸se̡ fro͞m ̢th͘e͏ áb͝y͡s͞s̸ ánd ͜e̴ngu̸l͘f, devour a̡n͢d re͡c̀laim̛.͡

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: Best Buy bucks new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#288042 - 05/27/12 11:25 PM

> Borders's demise was obvious: AAmeriKKKa is a functionally illiterate country. And
> malls are passé nowadaze.

Were you being ironic with your grammar? I can't tell.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Best Buy bucks new [Re: lharms]
#288056 - 05/28/12 05:20 AM

> > Borders's demise was obvious: AAmeriKKKa is a functionally illiterate country. And
> > malls are passé nowadaze.
>
> Were you being ironic with your grammar? I can't tell.

The point there is a constant trolling, saying that America is overflowing with drunks, racists, and assorted addle-brained persons, without actually taking the time to say it in a way that warrants a proper response, creating the illusion of agreement.

Beside the actual sentence, which merely makes the dual claims that most Americans can't read or write, and that that caused Borders to fail, that is.

That.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Beast Bug buicks new [Re: TriggerFin]
#288066 - 05/28/12 10:02 AM

Quote:

The point there is a constant trolling...

...only if anyone haven't seen the filthy underbelly or choose to ignore it outright. But at least we has ur gamez. ;-)

--Bekki

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1268