Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

So let me get this straight...
#286928 - 05/19/12 03:10 AM

I log on to a government run website to take a free practice test for a license endorsement. I have to "LIKE" what is presented to me as the government website on facebook in order to take the practice test. I get directed a facebook page run by an independent entity, clearly marking themselves as "NOT A GOVERNMENT SITE". They want money for the free test, and it's not even the specialized test it was supposed to be...

Yeah, I don't see any issue here...

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Say hello to the mark of the Beast... new [Re: italie]
#286930 - 05/19/12 03:19 AM

italieAdministrator
Send PM

more fun, go ahead and read it twice just to be sure... new [Re: aavada]
#286936 - 05/19/12 04:52 AM Attachment: someoneisntpayingattention.png 130 KB (2 downloads)

and no, this isn't what I was applying for....

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

aavada
master of unlocking
Send PM

Re: more fun, go ahead and read it twice just to be sure... new [Re: italie]
#286947 - 05/19/12 06:03 AM

Wow. Just wow.

I actually had to pause the music and concentrate for a moment just to be sure that I wasn't the idiot.

Illinois, the state that thinks everyone is laughing along WITH it...

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: more fun, go ahead and read it twice just to be sure... new [Re: aavada]
#286948 - 05/19/12 06:25 AM

> Wow. Just wow.
>
> I actually had to pause the music and concentrate for a moment just to be sure that I
> wasn't the idiot.
>
>
> Illinois, the state that thinks everyone is laughing along WITH it...

I had to do the same. If this was me, and for some ungodly reason I was filling this out, I would simply mark my address as "Outside".

(~why the hell did I leave Colorado~)

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: more fun, go ahead and read it twice just to be sure... new [Re: italie]
#286949 - 05/19/12 06:31 AM

> > Wow. Just wow.
> >
> > I actually had to pause the music and concentrate for a moment just to be sure that
> I
> > wasn't the idiot.
> >
> >
> > Illinois, the state that thinks everyone is laughing along WITH it...
>
> I had to do the same. If this was me, and for some ungodly reason I was filling this
> out, I would simply mark my address as "Outside".

You just give the address of the vacant lot where your cardboard box is located. It's harder if you sleep on a bench, you just have to give an approximate address.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: more fun, go ahead and read it twice just to be sure... new [Re: aavada]
#286956 - 05/19/12 07:42 AM

Why do I have the urge to sing "BRAZIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL!" right now?

Oh! I just finished watching it. Nevermind. ;-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Monroe St. underpass, behind 3rd dumpster from the right_nt new [Re: italie]
#286998 - 05/19/12 10:07 PM

wtf

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: more fun, go ahead and read it twice just to be sure... new [Re: DMala]
#287002 - 05/19/12 11:09 PM

> > > Wow. Just wow.
> > >
> > > I actually had to pause the music and concentrate for a moment just to be sure
> that
> > I
> > > wasn't the idiot.
> > >
> > >
> > > Illinois, the state that thinks everyone is laughing along WITH it...
> >
> > I had to do the same. If this was me, and for some ungodly reason I was filling
> this
> > out, I would simply mark my address as "Outside".
>
> You just give the address of the vacant lot where your cardboard box is located. It's
> harder if you sleep on a bench, you just have to give an approximate address.

Or, you know, the homeless shelter you could be staying at.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Don't get me started, italie. new [Re: italie]
#287060 - 05/20/12 05:38 AM

Illinois you say? Mm hm.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: So let me get this straight... new [Re: italie]
#287061 - 05/20/12 06:44 AM

aavada
master of unlocking
Send PM

Re: So let me get this straight... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#287062 - 05/20/12 06:53 AM

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: So let me get this straight... new [Re: aavada]
#287064 - 05/20/12 06:59 AM

Added

italieAdministrator
Send PM

and the ineptitude got even better... new [Re: italie]
#287067 - 05/20/12 07:54 AM

Due to a technical glitch, my "M" (motorcycle) endorsement had been erased from my license. I haven't ridden in a couple of years, bike has been stored, etc. I'm forced to re-take the written AND road tests. Pain in the ass, but whatever. I also had to get new plates on the bike.

I cant go to my local DMV to get this done, as they are only open M-F, 9AM-5PM. I find a location on the DMV website, says they are open on Saturday mornings and perform motorcycle road tests. It's a 25 minute drive and I don't want to get my bike taken away, so I have my brother ride down with his and meet me there.

I first go to get new plates. Can't find my plates in the system, they need the bikes VIN. Luckily I had this stored in a gmail message, and was able to pull it up after a few minutes of searching. $40, off to the cashier. BIG note on the cashiers window "Due to a dispute over fees, we do NOT accept VISA." (~Looks at bank card logo~ *FUCK*). I'm forced to leave line, run 1/2 block down the road to the nearest ATM and pull out money.

Get back, pay for plates, continue on with M class stuff.

1st stop, tell some lady what I need.

"Motorcycle test, written AND road please", I say. Given a number, told to have a seat and wait for it to be called. Sit 20 minutes (brother waiting in guest area).

Number called. Told second lady, "Motorcycle test, written AND road please". Given a white piece of paper. Sent to the test area. Told to stand in line. Stand 10 minutes (brother waiting in guest area).

Get to counter, tell 3rd lady "Motorcycle test, written AND road please". She gives me a written test. Told to have a seat and take test. Take test in 3 minutes. Stand back in same line as before for 10 more minutes (brother waiting in guest area). Told to head over to picture department and wait for name to be called. Something "off" about the next location I'm being sent to, but I go.

Sit in picture department 3 minutes, name is called. Given two pieces of paper to sign. told "This is your motorcycle permit. Bring this with wherever you take your road test."

"I'm supposed to be taking it here, now, right?" I ask.

Guy behind the counter responds, "No, we can't give the road test at this facility."

(I'm furious right now, as I've gone through great lengths to get to this specific location with a bike for a road test)

I respond back asking. "Why does it say on your website that you DO give road tests here, and why the HELL wasn't I told this at any point in the last 45 minutes?"

He replies, "Our course was destroyed by plows this winter." (yes, the same winter I've noted on many occasions that has had near ZERO snow) ...he continued... "It's a bit of a touchy subject around here, they might not fix the course. You'll have to go to another location, but you probably won't make it to any today before they close. They should all be open Monday though."

It took every last ounce of self control I had to keep me from reaching over that counter and showing him what a "touchy subject" really is. I apologize to my brother for dragging his ass out of bed on a Saturday morning, and I go home with a worthless piece of paper and no M endorsement.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Sounds like Brazil except for the plows_nt new [Re: italie]
#287068 - 05/20/12 08:11 AM

> Due to a technical glitch, my "M" (motorcycle) endorsement had been erased from my
> license. I haven't ridden in a couple of years, bike has been stored, etc. I'm forced
> to re-take the written AND road tests. Pain in the ass, but whatever. I also had to
> get new plates on the bike.
>
> I cant go to my local DMV to get this done, as they are only open M-F, 9AM-5PM. I
> find a location on the DMV website, says they are open on Saturday mornings and
> perform motorcycle road tests. It's a 25 minute drive and I don't want to get my bike
> taken away, so I have my brother ride down with his and meet me there.
>
> I first go to get new plates. Can't find my plates in the system, they need the bikes
> VIN. Luckily I had this stored in a gmail message, and was able to pull it up after a
> few minutes of searching. $40, off to the cashier. BIG note on the cashiers window
> "Due to a dispute over fees, we do NOT accept VISA." (~Looks at bank card logo~
> *FUCK*). I'm forced to leave line, run 1/2 block down the road to the nearest ATM and
> pull out money.
>
> Get back, pay for plates, continue on with M class stuff.
>
> 1st stop, tell some lady what I need.
>
> "Motorcycle test, written AND road please", I say. Given a number, told to have a
> seat and wait for it to be called. Sit 20 minutes (brother waiting in guest area).
>
> Number called. Told second lady, "Motorcycle test, written AND road please". Given a
> white piece of paper. Sent to the test area. Told to stand in line. Stand 10 minutes
> (brother waiting in guest area).
>
> Get to counter, tell 3rd lady "Motorcycle test, written AND road please". She gives
> me a written test. Told to have a seat and take test. Take test in 3 minutes. Stand
> back in same line as before for 10 more minutes (brother waiting in guest area). Told
> to head over to picture department and wait for name to be called. Something "off"
> about the next location I'm being sent to, but I go.
>
> Sit in picture department 3 minutes, name is called. Given two pieces of paper to
> sign. told "This is your motorcycle permit. Bring this with wherever you take your
> road test."
>
> "I'm supposed to be taking it here, now, right?" I ask.
>
> Guy behind the counter responds, "No, we can't give the road test at this facility."
>
> (I'm furious right now, as I've gone through great lengths to get to this specific
> location with a bike for a road test)
>
> I respond back asking. "Why does it say on your website that you DO give road tests
> here, and why the HELL wasn't I told this at any point in the last 45 minutes?"
>
> He replies, "Our course was destroyed by plows this winter." (yes, the same winter
> I've noted on many occasions that has had near ZERO snow) ...he continued... "It's a
> bit of a touchy subject around here, they might not fix the course. You'll have to go
> to another location, but you probably won't make it to any today before they close.
> They should all be open Monday though."
>
> It took every last ounce of self control I had to keep me from reaching over that
> counter and showing him what a "touchy subject" really is. I apologies to my brother
> for dragging his ass out of bed on a Saturday morning, and I go home with a worthless
> piece of paper and no M endorsement.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: and the ineptitude got even better... new [Re: italie]
#287069 - 05/20/12 08:12 AM

Sounds like standard issue DMV BS to me. I've been lucky lately, the dealership took care of transferring my registration to my current car and renewals can be done online. The only reason I have to set foot in the DMV is to take another awful picture once every five years.

aavada
master of unlocking
Send PM

Re: and the ineptitude got even better... new [Re: italie]
#287070 - 05/20/12 08:22 AM

Never actually wondered about a "road test" on a motorcycle before. Uh, how does that work exactly? I've got a very disturbing visual going on right about now...

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: and the ineptitude got even better... new [Re: aavada]
#287077 - 05/20/12 02:33 PM

> Never actually wondered about a "road test" on a motorcycle before. Uh, how does that
> work exactly? I've got a very disturbing visual going on right about now...

Way less exciting than that...

basically just 4 individual tests of starting, stopping and weaving around cones. It's kind-of lame, and actually can't be done on some of the bigger bikes...

amused
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/24/08
Send PM

Re: So let me get this straight... new [Re: italie]
#287123 - 05/20/12 11:30 PM

What happens if you don't have a Facebook account?

Is every man, woman, and child in the US supposed to have one?! I mean, really.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

Just in: comic author may be fan of mameworld... new [Re: italie]
#293729 - 08/13/12 04:00 AM Attachment: rbion120806.gif 97 KB (0 downloads)

Lead time, just under three months.

http://www.gocomics.com/ripleysbelieveitornot/2012/08/06

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Glad I could be of service. new [Re: Qun Mang]
#293730 - 08/13/12 04:09 AM

> Lead time, just under three months.
>
> http://www.gocomics.com/ripleysbelieveitornot/2012/08/06

Please send royalty checks to the DU

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3082