RECLAIMING MY TIME, MOTHERFUCKER

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

Just wanted to let you know...
#286540 - 05/16/12 05:35 AM

A higher power does not necessarily mean religion or God. I purposely said "higher power" instead of God/religion so it wouldn't offend anyone and so we all don't get into another religious discussion. A person's higher power could mean practically anything or anyone. Anyone who's ever been to AA or NA (alcohol/narcotics anonymous) would know what a "higher power" could mean. It could be a person, place, thing, object, etc.

But I'm glad someone took it as religious talk because it led to the thread being locked and ended the pointless discussion.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Just wanted to let you know... new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#286541 - 05/16/12 05:45 AM

> Anyone who's ever been to AA or NA (alcohol/narcotics anonymous)
> would know what a "higher power" could mean. It could be a person, place, thing,
> object, etc.

~cough~cough~:

Quote:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

or perhaps you prefer the original:

Quote:

God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Another great thread new [Re: italie]
#286542 - 05/16/12 05:51 AM Attachment: poop.jpg 27 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#286543 - 05/16/12 05:56 AM

Oh great, another religious discussion

italieAdministrator
Send PM

new topic new [Re: Smitdogg]
#286544 - 05/16/12 06:15 AM

discuss.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: new topic new [Re: italie]
#286545 - 05/16/12 06:19 AM Attachment: ssssss.jpg 39 KB (0 downloads)

Sexy butt is it ass sexy ass ewe ass Capin Crunch? Because I might have to get a chilli dog in Chi-Town on All Hallows if you catch my driznift.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

#286546 - 05/16/12 06:24 AM

That is all kinds of wrong. I bet ParaParaParatech would like to see her engage in some sapphic scisoring, though.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Another great thread new [Re: Smitdogg]
#286549 - 05/16/12 06:35 AM

The derp is getting pretty thick around here.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

#286550 - 05/16/12 07:45 AM

> discuss.

Uh, mine's way cuter?

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

She got some flat feet, but I like her toes..... (nt) new [Re: italie]
#286556 - 05/16/12 09:43 AM

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: new topic new [Re: aavada]
#286557 - 05/16/12 09:45 AM

> > discuss.
>
> Uh, mine's way cuter?

With that Puritan face, you're joking right? Buehler?

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Just wanted to let you know... new [Re: italie]
#286561 - 05/16/12 10:21 AM

True, that's what it says. The Twelve Steps also always says "alcohol", with no mention of narcotics. So if you have an addiction to narcotics, all you are supposed to do is replace the word "alcohol" with whatever your D.O.C. might be. D.O.C. means your Drug Of Choice.

There are many non religious people that are members. There are also many atheists. One of them will always raise their hand and ask that question. They will say if they don't believe in God so how could they have a higher power? The leader of the meeting, or the one of the speakers of the meeting, or a another member, will reply that your higher power doesn't have to be God. It could be whatever you want it to be. Alternative God examples that your higher power could be is the "12 Step" poster that's hanging on the wall. Or your higher power could be the "Big Book". Most atheists and non religious people normally make the "Big Book" their higher power or the "Twelve Steps".

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#286562 - 05/16/12 11:52 AM

> True, that's what it says. The Twelve Steps also always says "alcohol", with no
> mention of narcotics. So if you have an addiction to narcotics, all you are supposed
> to do is replace the word "alcohol" with whatever your D.O.C. might be. D.O.C. means
> your Drug Of Choice.
>
> There are many non religious people that are members. There are also many atheists.
> One of them will always raise their hand and ask that question. They will say if they
> don't believe in God so how could they have a higher power? The leader of the
> meeting, or the one of the speakers of the meeting, or a another member, will reply
> that your higher power doesn't have to be God. It could be whatever you want it to
> be. Alternative God examples that your higher power could be is the "12 Step" poster
> that's hanging on the wall. Or your higher power could be the "Big Book". Most
> atheists and non religious people normally make the "Big Book" their higher power or
> the "Twelve Steps".

Oh... well, in that case... we should unlock it and immediately resume the argument I mean discussion.

But at least we know the auto-lock keyword/s.

LEVEL-4

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#286564 - 05/16/12 01:03 PM

> True, that's what it says. The Twelve Steps also always says "alcohol", with no
> mention of narcotics. So if you have an addiction to narcotics, all you are supposed
> to do is replace the word "alcohol" with whatever your D.O.C. might be. D.O.C. means
> your Drug Of Choice.
>
> There are many non religious people that are members. There are also many atheists.
> One of them will always raise their hand and ask that question. They will say if they
> meeting, or the one of the speakers of the meeting, or a another member, will reply
> that your higher power doesn't have to be God. It could be whatever you want it to
> be. Alternative God examples that your higher power could be is the "12 Step" poster
> that's hanging on the wall. Or your higher power could be the "Big Book". Most
> atheists and non religious people normally make the "Big Book" their higher power or
> the "Twelve Steps".

Sounds like you've had personal experience with AA.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Just wanted to let you know... new [Re: Robbbert]
#286566 - 05/16/12 01:13 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you've had personal experience with AA.

Personal experience, no. Experience, yes.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#286567 - 05/16/12 01:19 PM

> A higher power does not necessarily mean religion or God. I purposely said "higher
> power" instead of God/religion so it wouldn't offend anyone and so we all don't get
> into another religious discussion. A person's higher power could mean practically
> anything or anyone. Anyone who's ever been to AA or NA (alcohol/narcotics anonymous)
> would know what a "higher power" could mean. It could be a person, place, thing,
> object, etc.
>
> But I'm glad someone took it as religious talk because it led to the thread being
> locked and ended the pointless discussion.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#286568 - 05/16/12 01:42 PM

> your Drug Of Choice.
>
> the "Twelve Steps".

I'm not denying that they let you switch up Coke for Pepsi if you like. Point being, that is an adaptation with VERY recent en masse acceptance...and not all groups teach it. AA was founded as a Christian/Protestant organization with God, Jesus and all the trimmings. Taking a recently conceded concept as the focus of your argument was bad enough. Using a populous with reality altering impairments to prove a point was just double-whammy silly.

I don't know, or care, what the actual reason for you making your point was. I'm just saying you should probably use something else to back it up.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#286569 - 05/16/12 02:15 PM

Quote:

Taking a recently conceded concept as the focus of your argument was bad enough. Using a populous with reality altering impairments to prove a point was just double-whammy silly.

I don't know, or care, what the actual reason for you making your point was. I'm just saying you should probably use something else to back it up.

What are you talking about? It's a fact. I explain it to you that is 100% true and you respond saying that I should have used something else to back it up? lol. Every AA/NA meeting will tell you that. You sound so foolish. And I was not trying to make any arguements. You wrongly thought that higher power had to mean God in AA/NA. I explain that "higher power" could mean other things. Then you bring up alcohol. And I explain that it can be substituted for narcotics. This is well known in AA/NA meetings and is standard practice. Some Twelve Steps posters hanging on walls will even have "Narcotics" hand written next to alcohol. Now your randomly trying to pick an arguement? What are you mad that I was able to explain it and proved you wrong about higher power can mean something else besides God. And that alcohol can be substituted for narcotics. I actually wasn't trying to prove any point nor pertake in any arguement and it's sad that you even think that. I was actually trying to be nice to you and explain it to you. All you have to do is attend a meeting and ask that question and they will all tell you the same thing I just explained to you. They would be more than happy to explain the same thing I just did. Unfortunately your negative outlook towards others brings you to wrong assumptions and wrong conclusions.

This conversation is over.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#286570 - 05/16/12 02:36 PM

>> Taking a recently conceded concept as the focus of your argument was bad enough.
>> Using a populous with reality altering impairments to prove a point was just
>> double-whammy silly.
>>
>> I don't know, or care, what the actual reason for you making your point was. I'm just
>> saying you should probably use something else to back it up.
>
> What are you talking about? It's a fact. Don't be mad that you can't deny it. Every
> AA/NA meeting will tell you that. You sound so foolish. And I was not trying to make
> any points nor arguements. You wrongly thought that higher power had to mean God in
> AA/NA. I explain that "higher power" could be mean other things. Then you bring up
> alcohol. And I explain that it can be substituted for narcotics. This is well known
> in AA/NA meetings and is standard practice. Some Twelve Steps posters hanging on
> walls will even have "Narcotics" hand written next to alcohol. Now your randomly
> trying to pick an arguement? What are you mad that I was able to explain it and
> proved you wrong about higher power can mean something besides God. And that alcohol
> can be substituted for narcotics. I actually wasn't trying to prove any point nor
> pertake in any arguement and it's sad that you even think that. I was actually trying
> to be nice to you and explain it to you. All you have to do is attend a meeting and
> ask that question and they will all tell you the same thing I just explained to you.
> They would be more than happy to explain the same thing I just did. Unfortunately
> your negative outlook towards others brings you to wrong assumptions and wrong
> conclusions.
>
> This conversation is over.

You're kind of terrible at this.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Just wanted to let you know... new [Re: Gor]
#286571 - 05/16/12 02:43 PM

Quote:

You're kind of terrible at this.

I prove my point every time and so called "win" every stupid arguement that you little high school girls always start with me. I'm still undefeated. I actually wish I would lose just one time because it's getting tiring and pointless. There's no competition. The only small way that I sometimes lose is when I stoop to your levels instead of taking the moral high ground. I know I'm never the first one to say insults, negative things, or start arguements with people. Every single time, somebody has to curse or say something negative to me or start an argument with me. Sometimes I take the moral high ground and don't respond, but other times I put them in their place. But it's hard always taking the moral high ground with people like yourself. But whatever, nobody is perfect. I'll stoop now and say Gor, people like yourself... people who are followers, butt kissers, and cowards are the saddest and most pathetic type of person. Nobody will ever respect you until you stop being a follower, butt kisser, and coward.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Buddha new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#286572 - 05/16/12 02:56 PM Attachment: craving.png 161 KB (0 downloads)

ruh-roh.

that's related to a religion. Now watch how this topic get's locked.

eta: On topic, the 5th precept in Buddhism states...

Do not consume alcohol or other drugs. The main concern here is that intoxicants cloud the mind. Some have included as a drug other methods of divorcing ourselves from reality -- e.g. movies, television, the Internet.

So there's an alternate higher power. Uh, I guess.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Buddha new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#286573 - 05/16/12 03:01 PM

Quote:

ruh-roh.

that's related to a religion. Now watch how this topic get's locked.

You're right, it should. Every stupid thread and arguement that they always start in with me should get locked. It's tiring having to school these girls all the time. You would think they would learn not to start with me since they always lose and look foolish. But I guess some people never learn.

I'm done reading and responding to this thread.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#286574 - 05/16/12 03:09 PM

> Taking a recently conceded concept as the focus of your argument was bad enough.
> Using a populous with reality altering impairments to prove a point was just
> double-whammy silly.
>
> I don't know, or care, what the actual reason for you making your point was. I'm just
> saying you should probably use something else to back it up.
>
> What are you talking about? It's a fact. I explain it to you that is 100% true and
> you respond saying that I should have used something else to back it up? lol. Every
> AA/NA meeting will tell you that. You sound so foolish. And I was not trying to make
> any arguements. You wrongly thought that higher power had to mean God in AA/NA. I
> explain that "higher power" could mean other things. Then you bring up alcohol. And I
> explain that it can be substituted for narcotics. This is well known in AA/NA
> meetings and is standard practice. Some Twelve Steps posters hanging on walls will
> even have "Narcotics" hand written next to alcohol. Now your randomly trying to pick
> an arguement? What are you mad that I was able to explain it and proved you wrong
> about higher power can mean something besides God. And that alcohol can be
> substituted for narcotics. I actually wasn't trying to prove any point nor pertake in
> any arguement and it's sad that you even think that. I was actually trying to be nice
> to you and explain it to you. All you have to do is attend a meeting and ask that
> question and they will all tell you the same thing I just explained to you. They
> would be more than happy to explain the same thing I just did. Unfortunately your
> negative outlook towards others brings you to wrong assumptions and wrong
> conclusions.
>
> This conversation is over.

Who the fuck are you talking to? I don't know who said half of the arguments you spouted off, but it wasn't me.

My point was completely referencing your poor support for you meaning "higher power" when you use "god". You used an organization that begrudgingly accepts an alternate meaning of the word to appease the populous. Do you know what the success rate is for people that go to AA/NA? ~5-12%. Do you know what percentage the successful have chosen a less than main-stream god as their higher power? <1%. You are supporting your argument with <1% of 12% of an already select and impaired populous. Way to make a solid argument.

And yes, if any populous is going to accept a potato as a higher power, I guess addicts would be the people to reference...but that sort of circles back to my point.

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

#286576 - 05/16/12 03:38 PM Attachment: abandon.gif 2415 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Buddha new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#286577 - 05/16/12 03:46 PM

> ruh-roh.
>
> that's related to a religion. Now watch how this topic get's locked.
>
> You're right, it should. Every stupid thread and arguement that they always start in
> with me should get locked.

The is the BIN. Nothing gets locked in here, unless someone does something exceptionally stupid.

So carry on with your waffling. Even if I think religion sucks.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#286580 - 05/16/12 04:08 PM

>> You're kind of terrible at this.

By "this" I could have meant any number of things:
1) Making well-reasoned arguments supported by documented evidence
2) Effectively communicating your positions
3) Spelling the word argument

I would really expect more from someone with all of your education.

> I prove my point every time and so called "win" every stupid arguement that you
> little high school girls always start with me. I'm still undefeated. I actually wish
> I would lose just one time because it's getting tiring and pointless. There's no
> competition. The only small way that I sometimes lose is when I stoop to your levels
> instead of taking the moral high ground. I know I'm never the first one to say
> insults, negative things, or start arguements with people. Every single time,
> somebody has to curse or say something negative to me or start an argument with me.
> Sometimes I take the moral high ground and don't respond, but other times I put them
> in their place. But it's hard always taking the moral high ground with people like
> yourself. But whatever, nobody is perfect. I'll stoop now and say Gor, people like
> yourself... people who are followers, butt kissers, and cowards are the saddest and
> most pathetic type of person. Nobody will ever respect you until you stop being a
> follower, butt kisser, and coward.

The Charlie Sheen act got old about 3 days into Charlie Sheen doing it. Imagine how it looks to others
when you carry on with it for months and you're not even Charlie Sheen. I'm sure you frequent Turkish
bath houses and all that, but I can't picture myself reenacting Platoon scenes with you.

Anyways, keep on keeping on, and have a lovely day!

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

#286601 - 05/16/12 06:26 PM

> A higher power does not necessarily mean religion or God. I purposely said "higher
> power" instead of God/religion so it wouldn't offend anyone and so we all don't get
> into another religious discussion. A person's higher power could mean practically
> anything or anyone. Anyone who's ever been to AA or NA (alcohol/narcotics anonymous)
> object, etc.
>
> But I'm glad someone took it as religious talk because it led to the thread being
> locked and ended the pointless discussion.

Thumbs up if you came here to see another argument

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Buddha new [Re: Robbbert]
#286602 - 05/16/12 06:41 PM

> > ruh-roh.
> >
> > that's related to a religion. Now watch how this topic get's locked.
> >
> > You're right, it should. Every stupid thread and arguement that they always start
> in
> > with me should get locked.
>
> The is the BIN. Nothing gets locked in here, unless someone does something
> exceptionally stupid.
>
> So carry on with your waffling. Even if I think religion sucks.

Somehow with all this I have the name "M. Valentine" ringing in my head lately .. there hasn't been a good voting off the island in a long long time!

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Buddha new [Re: Tafoid]
#286603 - 05/16/12 06:51 PM

> Somehow with all this I have the name "M. Valentine" ringing in my head lately ..
> there hasn't been a good voting off the island in a long long time!

*coughmoglicough*

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Buddha new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#286608 - 05/16/12 07:36 PM

> > Somehow with all this I have the name "M. Valentine" ringing in my head lately ..
> > there hasn't been a good voting off the island in a long long time!
>
> *coughmoglicough*

He can be entertaining at times, though.

BTW, Vegas at the end of July. See you there.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: Buddha new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#286616 - 05/16/12 08:22 PM

OSG-does it not bother you that nobody else but you actually cares? You dont know any of these people personally,so really what does it matter? Dont you have better things to do with your time? Really,grow up.You look so childish with your "champion of the world-OSG" posts.That is something elementary school kiddies do on the playground,its not something that adults do.

Its immature,but you dont seem to grasp that.It almost seems as if you start these threads for the sole purpose of arguing.

Im honestly not trying to insult you,so I hope you dont take it that way,just trying to open your eyes to your own foolishness.Just how many times are you going to post that you are done with this thread & forum only to post again not even 10 minutes later? For a while there I actually though that you were done with the petty argument threads,but I was wrong.

You have to accept the fact that not everyone shares the same viewpoints as you,and when they dont,you have to know when to stop trying to force your views down others throats.I really hope you read this and take my advice,life is far too short to waste hours arguing over which emulator emulates which system the best,especially when nobody but you cares.If you argue like this on internet forums,what are you like in person? Keep it up and your blood pressure will go through the roof and you will be die from a massive heart attack.Relax,and enjoy the short time you have here,dont waste it with petty arguments that dont amount to shit in the long run.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: new topic new [Re: mogli]
#286619 - 05/16/12 08:56 PM

> With that Puritan face, you're joking right? Buehler?

I'll assume that you've never worn a pound and a half of glitter eye shadow before...

She _couldn't_ move her face, at all. Even cracking a grin would have caused an avalance of sparkles over her cheeks. She's much more relaxed in other photos, guess I chose poorly. Not going to the trouble of finding another one though, so neener.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#286647 - 05/17/12 12:15 AM

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bloodhoundgang/whyseverybodyalwayspickinonme.html

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

Obligatory vid new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#286649 - 05/17/12 12:32 AM

> Thumbs up if you came here to see another argument

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#286658 - 05/17/12 01:45 AM

> Uh, mine's way cuter?

Well her chest is nice

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#286661 - 05/17/12 02:02 AM

> > With that Puritan face, you're joking right? Buehler?
>
> I'll assume that you've never worn a pound and a half of glitter eye shadow before...
>
> She _couldn't_ move her face, at all. Even cracking a grin would have caused an
> avalance of sparkles over her cheeks. She's much more relaxed in other photos, guess
> I chose poorly. Not going to the trouble of finding another one though, so neener.

Yeah. That's the problem with that photo though, in my mind: there isn't anything in it that was real. Except maybe her eyes, if she isn't wearing anything on/in them.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#286693 - 05/17/12 05:10 AM

Quote:

My point was completely referencing your poor support for you meaning "higher power" when you use "god". You used an organization that begrudgingly accepts an alternate meaning of the word to appease the populous. Do you know what the success rate is for people that go to AA/NA? ~5-12%. Do you know what percentage the successful have chosen a less than main-stream god as their higher power? <1%. You are supporting your argument with <1% of 12% of an already select and impaired populous. Way to make a solid argument.

It doesn't matter what percentage of people. The whole point is that "Higher Power" can mean something else besides God. That is a fact. There's no debating it. Just because you don't like my example or group of people that I used, that's your problem.

Quote:

And yes, if any populous is going to accept a potato as a higher power, I guess addicts would be the people to reference...but that sort of circles back to my point.

The fact that you would imply or say that negative, ignorant, insulting, and false statement about addicts shows that you truely don't understand addicts nor addiction. There are alot of addicts that are some of the smartest people. You sound very uneducated on the subject.

Quote:

I would really expect more from someone with all of your education.

Here we go again, someone bringing up my education or degrees. Everytime I find it funny because I've never mentioned it in any post I ever wrote on any forum in my life. But I guess I have to take it as a compliment.

Quote:

The Charlie Sheen act got old about 3 days into Charlie Sheen doing it. Imagine how it looks to others
when you carry on with it for months and you're not even Charlie Sheen.

First of all, I'm not imitating Charlie Sheen when I post or when I state the obvious about winning the argument. (I only imitated Charlie Sheen one time in a old thread.) Some peoples' arguments are so illogicial, wrong, presumptuous, irrational, ignorant, hateful, and jealous that sometimes I purposely lower myself to their level by rubbing it in their face.

Quote:

Just how many times are you going to post that you are done with this thread & forum only to post again not even 10 minutes later?

Majority of the times when I say that, I never do read or comment again in that thread. Just sometimes, I can't help myself and have to put the person in their place or give them a taste of their own medicine.

Quote:

Im honestly not trying to insult you,so I hope you dont take it that way,just trying to open your eyes to your own foolishness. You dont know any of these people personally,so really what does it matter? Dont you have better things to do with your time?

No offense taken. Actually, you're absolutely right about this. I totally agree. It doesn't matter what comment, opinion, fact, or statement that I post, some people are always going to continue to hate, disagree, and act ignorant. I could say the sun is hot and there would be a boat load of people on this forum that would disagree, curse, and say hateful, ignorant, mind boggling comments. So you're right, it's not worth arguing with hateful, jealous, ignorant strangers. Because the only result is me winning the argument. But by responding to their comments, I kind of lose also because I waste my time and I sometimes lower myself to their level. And I don't like when I don't take the moral high ground. And it's too difficult to always take the moral high ground with some of these people because of some of the things they say and how they act. I may be undefeated, but I'm not perfect.

Quote:

For a while there I actually thought that you were done with the petty argument threads,but I was wrong.

I decided that I am going to be done with them for the reasons I stated above. I no longer am going to participate in them. There's no competition and it's just not worth my time. So I am retiring as the undefeated champion of the MAMEWorld forum

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

#286696 - 05/17/12 05:24 AM

> For a while there I actually thought that you were done with the petty argument
> threads,but I was wrong.
> I decided that I am going to be done with them for the reasons I stated above. I no
> longer am going to participate in them. There's no competition and it's just not
> worth my time. So I am retiring as the undefeated champion of the world

Undefeated champion of cocksmoking maybe.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#286697 - 05/17/12 05:25 AM

> It doesn't matter what percentage of people. The whole point is that "Higher Power"
> can mean something else besides God. That is a fact. There's no debating it. Just
> because you don't like my example or group of people that I used, that's your
> problem.

I could give a shit what you use, just pointing out that it's weak sauce. Blessed be thy potato I guess.

> The fact that you would imply or say that negative, ignorant, insulting, and false
> statement about addicts shows that you truely don't understand addicts nor addiction.
> There are alot of addicts that are some of the smartest people. You sound very
> uneducated on the subject.

You'd be very surprised...If you ever want to have a serious conversation on the subject, I'd much prefer it over this religion shit.

So you disagree than an empty void left by substance abuse might make someone more inclined to accept a potato as a divine guide through life?

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of this shit because your are straight up being a lazy bitch with the combined replies.

...And look at your fucking profile, add Alzheimers to it while you are there.

> I would really expect more from someone with all of your education.
> Here we go again, someone bringing up my education or degrees. Everytime I find it
> funny because I've never mentioned it in any post I ever wrote on any forum in my
> life. But I guess I have to take it as a compliment.
>
> The Charlie Sheen act got old about 3 days into Charlie Sheen doing it. Imagine how
> it looks to others
> when you carry on with it for months and you're not even Charlie Sheen.
> First of all, I'm not imitating Charlie Sheen when I post or when I state the obvious
> about winning the argument. (I only imitated Charlie Sheen one time in a old thread.)
> Some peoples' arguments are so illogicial, wrong, presumptuous, irrational, ignorant,
> hateful, and jealous that sometimes I purposely lower myself to their level by
> rubbing it in their face.
>
> Just how many times are you going to post that you are done with this thread & forum
> only to post again not even 10 minutes later?
> Majority of the times when I say that, I never do read or comment again in that
> thread. Just sometimes, I can't help myself and have to put the person in their place
> or give them a taste of their own medicine.
>
> Im honestly not trying to insult you,so I hope you dont take it that way,just trying
> to open your eyes to your own foolishness. You dont know any of these people
> personally,so really what does it matter? Dont you have better things to do with your
> time?
> No offense taken. Actually, you're absolutely right about this. It doesn't matter
> what comment, opinion, fact, or statement that I post, some people are always going
> to continue to hate, disagree, and act ignorant. I could say the sun is hot and there
> would be a boat load of people on this forum that would disagree, curse, and say
> hateful, ignorant, mind boggling comments. So you're right, it's not worth arguing
> with hateful, jealous, ignorant strangers. Because the only result is me winning the
> argument. But by responding to their comments, I kind of lose also because I waste my
> time and I sometimes lower myself to their level. And I don't like when I don't take
> the moral high ground. And it's too difficult to always take the high ground with
> some of these people because of some of the things they say and how they act. I may
> be undefeated, but I'm not perfect.
>
> For a while there I actually thought that you were done with the petty argument
> threads,but I was wrong.
> I decided that I am going to be done with them for the reasons I stated above. I no
> longer am going to participate in them. There's no competition and it's just not
> worth my time. So I am retiring as the undefeated champion of the MAMEWorld forum

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#286702 - 05/17/12 05:34 AM

6:53 - 7:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hUURGc4AKjs#t=412s

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#286734 - 05/17/12 01:21 PM

>> I would really expect more from someone with all of your education.
> Here we go again, someone bringing up my education or degrees. Everytime I find it
> funny because I've never mentioned it in any post I ever wrote on any forum in my
> life. But I guess I have to take it as a compliment.
>

Well, I can't speak for everyone with advanced degrees, but I think your inability to debate *anything* like an adult
sort of devalues the college degree for anyone who put the work in. Could you just remove references to them from
your profile or at least add which website you bought them from so people know they're not actually real degrees?

>> The Charlie Sheen act got old about 3 days into Charlie Sheen doing it. Imagine how
>> it looks to others
> when you carry on with it for months and you're not even Charlie Sheen.
> First of all, I'm not imitating Charlie Sheen when I post or when I state the obvious
> about winning the argument. (I only imitated Charlie Sheen one time in a old thread.)
> Some peoples' arguments are so illogicial, wrong, presumptuous, irrational, ignorant,
> hateful, and jealous that sometimes I purposely lower myself to their level by
> rubbing it in their face.
>

You're imitating Charlie Sheen in every thread where someone disagrees with you. Enjoy your life as the village douche.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Just wanted to let you know... new [Re: Gor]
#286735 - 05/17/12 01:38 PM

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#286736 - 05/17/12 02:21 PM Attachment: yeah-nah.jpg 31 KB (1 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#286743 - 05/17/12 03:57 PM

I could have used a bit of serenity Tuesday when the touch pad on my 6 year old microwave stopped working correctly.
To get a replacement touch pad, you have to buy the entire control panel, apparently. The cheapest I've found the
control panel is $315 before shipping, which costs more than a lot of 0 year old microwaves. Thanks G.E.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#286769 - 05/17/12 06:11 PM

> It doesn't matter what percentage of people. The whole point is that "Higher Power"
> can mean something else besides God. That is a fact. There's no debating it.

Yeah... no.

The list of things that can legitimately have more power over a person's life than the person himself has is rather short.

Your parents, if you're a child.
Your boss, if you're currently at work.
A god, if you believe in one.
A thing which you've chosen to believe has all the powers of a god, but are pretending isn't one because you don't want to admit that you believe in such things.
Your master, if you're a slave.
Anything else, if you belong in a place with locked doors and barred windows.

I may have missed a corner or two, but that about covers it. Nothing which is not the direct cause of your current state of existence is of greater power in your life than you are, and barring religion, you are the direct cause of your current state of existence.

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Okay, I admit the colors repulsed me.... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#286837 - 05/18/12 01:56 AM

including her eye color. My preferences aside, she has a small mouth, with average lips.

Seriously, for those who are physically challenged, lip-wise, you just don't know what it's like having full lips, and kissing someone else who does, also. Mouth and teeth size are factors, too.

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

#286838 - 05/18/12 02:02 AM

> AA was founded as a Christian/Protestant organization with God, Jesus and all the
> trimmings. >>>

Yup, and they apparently need it to survive. They's just born brokens. Genetic therapy is the only savins they gonna get. In this area, I would be most generous.

An thi words was: NUFF SAID!

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Just wanted to let you know... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#286855 - 05/18/12 04:29 AM

> I may have missed a corner or two, but that about covers it. Nothing which is not the
> direct cause of your current state of existence is of greater power in your life than
> you are, and barring religion, you are the direct cause of your current state of
> existence.

But what of the state of his cat?

joey35car
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/07/07
Loc: Planet Claire
Send PM

#286859 - 05/18/12 05:48 AM

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#286868 - 05/18/12 10:46 AM

> But what of the state of his cat?

Louisiana. Down in New Orleans.

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 9487