Pages: 1

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

Need some manual help
#286194 - 05/13/12 05:50 PM

I am looking for a PDF NES R.O.B.Manual.I searched all the popular sites for PDF but could not find anything. It seems to be hard to find.I just bought one on ebay and I like to have one.If anyone has a scan or knows some site I might have missed, could you please help me. Thank You guys.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Need some manual help new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#286203 - 05/13/12 08:00 PM

> I am looking for a PDF NES R.O.B.Manual.I searched all the popular sites for PDF but
> could not find anything. It seems to be hard to find.I just bought one on ebay and I
> like to have one.If anyone has a scan or knows some site I might have missed, could
> you please help me. Thank You guys.

If you can't find one, let me know, and I'll dig through the garage. I think I still have mine.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: Need some manual help new [Re: Mr. Do]
#286206 - 05/13/12 09:33 PM

Have fun playing Gyromite and ughhh Stack Up.Shame R.O.B. wasnt more then a gimmick to help get the NES on store shelves after the crash.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: Need some manual help new [Re: Mr. Do]
#286216 - 05/14/12 01:12 AM

That would be wonderful.I looked everywhere and i have no luck.A typical scan would work if you can .Thank you so much.

He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: Need some manual help new [Re: mesk]
#286217 - 05/14/12 01:13 AM

Unfortunatley he needs a new light sensor.but I got him for only 20 dollars.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Need some manual help new [Re: mesk]
#286284 - 05/14/12 06:50 PM

> Have fun playing Gyromite and ughhh Stack Up.Shame R.O.B. wasnt more then a gimmick
> to help get the NES on store shelves after the crash.

I'm not sure what's crazier about that story: the fact that Nintendo tried to get away with a lame attempt at dressing their video game system up as a "toy" or the fact that it worked.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Need some manual help new [Re: DMala]
#286296 - 05/14/12 07:50 PM

> I'm not sure what's crazier about that story: the fact that Nintendo tried to get
> away with a lame attempt at dressing their video game system up as a "toy" or the
> fact that it worked.

For me, the craziest part of the NES story is always the part where Atari turned down the US distribution rights. Now, it's possible people would've been warier of the NES post-crash if Atari was involved, but if not Atari might still be in business (I mean actual Atari, not whoever owns the name this week).

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

Re: Need some manual help new [Re: R. Belmont]
#286332 - 05/15/12 12:02 AM

It honestly doesn't sound all that crazy to me.

Atari's upper management made every possible mistake at every possible point. I blindly supported Atari, not really understanding how their management was more than willing to screw everyone-- including themselves-- for a quick buck.

They never really understood the market they'd created, didn't CARE to understand the market they'd created, and treated their customers and employees like dirt.

There's simply a massive brick wall of cognitive dissonance that prevented Atari's management from being able to recognize an honest opportunity. If Nintendo had known this, they'd have never approached Atari-- but honestly, Nintendo had no idea what the market looked like post-crash, and only had the most basic intelligence gathered to work with.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

Praxis
Prime Minister
Reged: 03/30/06
Loc: Great Britain
Send PM

Re: Need some manual help new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#286346 - 05/15/12 02:01 AM

If you find a scanned manual for R.O.B, do please share the link!
I bought a R.O.B back in the mid-90's, but the mail-order retailer didn't include much more than the robot and accompanying bits in plastic bags. Only used it a handful of times and hardly at all since buying it, but in my opinion, it is one of the coolest things I own! Sure, Gyromite is plodding and lacking fun, but making R.O.B spin up the spinners and move them around via green screen flashes was super awesome.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Need some manual help new [Re: R. Belmont]
#286465 - 05/15/12 04:54 PM

> For me, the craziest part of the NES story is always the part where Atari turned down
> the US distribution rights.

The story goes they didn't turn down the distribution rights. They thought Nintendo were double crossing them by dealing with coleco, the short delay this caused coincided with Atari going down the toilet so they couldn't afford to go ahead with the deal.

Although I've heard various rumours over the years, this seems the most plausible.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: Need some manual help new [Re: Praxis]
#286474 - 05/15/12 05:52 PM

Gyromite is leaps and bounds more fun then Stack Up.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 451 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1745