MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

A guy plays Galaga on a computer in the new Avengers movie
#286148 - 05/13/12 02:54 AM

And it's some bullshit console port. Should have used MAME. Epic fail.

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: A guy plays Galaga on a computer in the new Avengers movie new [Re: Smitdogg]
#286169 - 05/13/12 06:46 AM

> And it's some bullshit console port

I saw it Friday night, was quite good. The guy playing Loki just didn't seem very imposing though. And Gwyneth Paltrow looks amazing in shorts.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: A guy plays Galaga on a computer in the new Avengers movie new [Re: Smitdogg]
#286176 - 05/13/12 09:48 AM

Quote:

And it's some bullshit console port. Should have used MAME. Epic fail.

The Sega Master System port is as much of an insult to Namco's reputation as its 50th Anniversary PC-CDROM with system-killing DRM.

On the bright side, the NES port is close to being awesome. :-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

#286196 - 05/13/12 06:01 PM

No Ed Norton? probably contract problems.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: A guy plays Galaga on a computer in the new Avengers movie new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#286197 - 05/13/12 06:06 PM

Maybe. But there's not much constant anymore. They are ending the new Batman movies seemingly just as they begin. The Spidermans got rebooted because of some bullshit. The Human Torch is Captain America.

On the bright side, Chuck Norris is in the new Expendables movie. Chuck Fuckin Norris.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: A guy plays Galaga on a computer in the new Avengers movie new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#286205 - 05/13/12 09:22 PM

> No Ed Norton? probably contract problems.

You might think no Ed Norton is a bad thing, but trust me. Go watch the film anyway. Mark Ruffalo plays a very different, yet very good, Bruce Banner.

Breetai
Semi-Lurker "full time drinker"
Reged: 11/02/03
Loc: Omaha
Send PM

and dolph lundgren was the punisher <NT> new [Re: Smitdogg]
#286226 - 05/14/12 04:34 AM

> Maybe. But there's not much constant anymore. They are ending the new Batman movies
> seemingly just as they begin. The Spidermans got rebooted because of some bullshit.
> The Human Torch is Captain America.
>
> On the bright side, Chuck Norris is in the new Expendables movie. Chuck Fuckin
> Norris.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: A guy plays Galaga on a computer in the new Avengers movie new [Re: Foxhack]
#286235 - 05/14/12 06:17 AM

> You might think no Ed Norton is a bad thing, but trust me. Go watch the film anyway.
> Mark Ruffalo plays a very different, yet very good, Bruce Banner.

This. There was a whole lot to like about the movie.

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

Re: A guy plays Galaga on a computer in the new Avengers movie new [Re: DMala]
#286341 - 05/15/12 01:06 AM

The movie was great. There's very little I didn't like. I wish Hawkeye looked a bit more like the '90s character, but that's minor. We enjoyed the movie and its great that its earned over a billion $$$. I wish we had stayed for the ending after the credits, but we'll get to see it on the DVD.

jcroach
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/27/04
Loc: Bloomington, Indiana
Send PM

Re: A guy plays Galaga on a computer in the new Avengers movie new [Re: greybeard]
#286448 - 05/15/12 02:46 PM

> The movie was great. There's very little I didn't like. I wish Hawkeye looked a bit
> more like the '90s character, but that's minor. We enjoyed the movie and its great
> that its earned over a billion $$$. I wish we had stayed for the ending after the
> credits, but we'll get to see it on the DVD.

Yes, the after credits scenes were very good. The last one was hilarious and the first one had the inner 15 year old comics geek in me exploding. No spoilers in case you haven't heard about them.

Hawkeye was the only part about the film I didn't love. He was a villain for more than half the movie, the main heroes who didn't know anything about the guy instantly trusted him. The whole "no look" arrow thing was unintentionally funny. Just didn't love him.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1739