View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

cricri_pingouin
Reged: 10/17/03
Send PM

Help excluding systems from ClrMAME Pro scan
#284302 - 04/29/12 05:30 PM

Hi all.
So I scanned my set with the latest ClrMAME Pro again, and as usual disabled some systems by unchecking them in the "Systems..." button of the "Scanner|MAME" window. Yet these sets are still reporting as missing during the scan and in the saved log.

I checked the FAQ here:
http://www.mameworld.info/easyemu/clrmameguide/clrmame-guide.html

And I can't see what I'm doing wrong. Any help please?

Also, Roman, talking about FAQs, the "Another English Tutorial" link in the FAQ section of your website is broken.

Thanks!

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Help excluding systems from ClrMAME Pro scan new [Re: cricri_pingouin]
#284311 - 04/29/12 07:22 PM

Questions about CMP belong on Roman's board.
http://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?board=6.0

Also, more information is needed about what binary or dats you have loaded into the profiler.

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

#284314 - 04/29/12 08:11 PM

Actually what you did sounds correct to me. they shouldnt appear in the scan tree or log ( most likely they do in the stats) but I can double check this next wednesday earliest. so drop me a mail maybe with a screenshot...

cricri_pingouin
Send PM

Re: Help excluding systems from ClrMAME Pro scan new [Re: Roman]
#296804 - 09/29/12 09:20 PM

> Actually what you did sounds correct to me. they shouldnt appear in the scan tree or
> log ( most likely they do in the stats) but I can double check this next wednesday
> earliest. so drop me a mail maybe with a screenshot...

Thanks Roman and sorry for not replying earlier.
ClrMAME does the job it's supposed to do, the problem was/is that not all gambling games are marked as "mechanical", hence why I keep getting some mpu4 etc games in my missing sets list.
I guess I'll have to exclude these drivers from the scan list, but there are so many and I don't know under which drivers all the crappy gambling games sit
Thanks anyway!

Roman
Regular
Send PM

#296805 - 09/29/12 09:30 PM

well, the secret is that not all gambling games are mechanical.

You need to disable sets by driver or set description (Scanner->SetInformation->Select Sets-> play around with the variable usage there...something like %s=*mpu4* or something and hit invert and apply)...

cricri_pingouin
Send PM

#298299 - 10/30/12 11:32 PM Attachment: all.png 158 KB (0 downloads)

Ok, so I took time to try again, pay attention to the option and to the scan output, and this time I've got screenshots (see below).

I excluded CHDs from the main interface (top left) but still get them in my scan results (top right).

I also excluded MPU4 (bottom left) but still get those as well (bottom right).

Hope this helps someone to figure out what I'm doing wrong! TIA!

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Roman
Regular
Send PM

#298303 - 10/31/12 12:09 AM

Guess you have a wrong understanding here...so:

1) Disabling "CHD" will disable scanning the chds within sets, not roms, samples or the sets themselves...if Area51 (and clones) are listed, they are most likely listed with missing/wrongnamed/wrongplaced/etc. roms or general set information. To see this, you need to expand the tree item.

2) Prize Money * sets have nothing to do with the MPU4 video firmware bios set. They are standard sets, defined in the sourcefile mpu4sw.c and do not use any bios....so if you disable the video firmware bios, you don't do anything to solve your task..

So...I guess you want to disable all gambling games and chd games....well, latter one is easy since we got an easy expression for it (%h=1 + invert)....gambling games is not so easy since there is no flag for it....you might want to disable all which have mpu4 in the driver name...so let's try this:

Go to systems first and reenable everything...then go to scanner set-information screen (scanner tree window, button bottom left), reset your current limitation by hitting select all and removing any entry from "From File" and "Select Sets"....so back to normal now...actually you can also reenable the 'CHD' button, too.

Let's limit your selection now....enter

%h=1;%s=*mpu4*

in select sets, hit apply and hit invert...that's it. "Incl. Clones/Parent/Decives/BIOS" checkboxes can be unticked.

%h=1 means you enable all sets which got a chd
%s=*mpu4* means you enable all sets which got "mpu4" somewhere in the sourcecode file name....semicolon is the separator and since you want to exclude them, you simply invert them afterwards. (Don't use the logical not checkbox since it will separately on each separated part and in you case will reenable sets you don't want).

cricri_pingouin
Send PM

Re: Help excluding systems from ClrMAME Pro scan new [Re: Roman]
#298344 - 10/31/12 10:59 PM

Thanks for the great answer Roman, I'll try this weekend if I've got time.
You were right that I completely misunderstood the options I was ticking, so I'll try the wildcards filters you suggested and expand it to include other gambling games drivers.
Thanks again!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 755 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2537