RECLAIMING MY TIME, MOTHERFUCKER

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKong
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

How about a light hearted Bin topic... race.
#284025 - 04/27/12 05:04 PM

Since the Trevon killing, there have been (that I've seen, maybe more?) six news stories of some random white dude getting the snot kicked out of him in 'retaliation'.

The Black Panthers have even called for the "spilling of the blood" of "blue eyed whities" in retribution.

Yet...

Travon's killer wasn't even "white"... he was hispanic.

But I haven't heard of any cases in the news of any 'retaliation' attacks against hispanics, thankfully.

And you can't even argue that the uptic in violence is in response to the white cops that intially let the killer go... because the intial responding officers included "African American" cops.

An undercurrent of black on white racist hate that just needed an excuse to express itself? The fact that the excuse that doesn't even fit the bill all the more highlights that racism is in play.

Depeche Mode to the rescue!

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: How about a light hearted Bin topic... race. new [Re: GatKong]
#284026 - 04/27/12 05:08 PM

> Since the Trevon killing, there have been (that I've seen, maybe more?) six news
> stories of some random white dude getting the snot kicked out of him in
> 'retaliation'.
>
> The Black Panthers have even called for the "spilling of the blood" of "blue eyed
> whities" in retribution.
>
> Yet...
>
> Travon's killer wasn't even "white"... he was hispanic.
>
> But I haven't heard of any cases in the news of any 'retaliation' attacks against
> hispanics, thankfully.
>
> And you can't even argue that the uptic in violence is in response to the white cops
> that intially let the killer go... because the intial responding officers included
> "African American" cops.
>
> An undercurrent of black on white racist hate that just needed an excuse to express
> itself? The fact that the excuse that doesn't even fit the bill all the more
> highlights that racism is in play.
>
> Depeche Mode to the rescue!

I'm running a race on Sunday. The route is supposed to be a bit hilly, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to improve my Turkey Trot time.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

yaggy
Coin-op fixer
Reged: 01/23/05
Loc: Philadelphia
Send PM

#284030 - 04/27/12 05:40 PM

I'm still trying to get under 1:40 lap times on Daytona's Expert track. I know it's possible. Gotta master the long slide...

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#284074 - 04/28/12 12:51 AM

> Depeche Mode to the rescue!

Sly and The Family Stone to the rescue!

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

#284075 - 04/28/12 12:57 AM

Blonde, blue eyed, white men are the root of all evil!

*Yes I'm a blue eyed white guy* (My blonde is gone, I'm going gray.)

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Newport, RI
Send PM

you can't go wrong with Sly -nt new [Re: Sune]
#284078 - 04/28/12 02:36 AM

www.randyrobbinsmusic.com
RandyRobbinsMusic on Facebook

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#284101 - 04/28/12 05:06 AM

> Since the Trevon killing, there have been (that I've seen, maybe more?) six news
> stories of some random white dude getting the snot kicked out of him in
> 'retaliation'.
>
> The Black Panthers have even called for the "spilling of the blood" of "blue eyed
> whities" in retribution.
>
> Yet...
>
> Travon's killer wasn't even "white"... he was hispanic.
>
> But I haven't heard of any cases in the news of any 'retaliation' attacks against
> hispanics, thankfully.
>
> And you can't even argue that the uptic in violence is in response to the white cops
> that intially let the killer go... because the intial responding officers included
> "African American" cops.
>
> An undercurrent of black on white racist hate that just needed an excuse to express
> itself? The fact that the excuse that doesn't even fit the bill all the more
> highlights that racism is in play.

I believe Zimmerman is half Hispanic, his father is white.

The issue is that many people, especially those who are hung up on race, need to see things in a simplistic, all or nothing way. If you accept that race in 2012 is more complicated than just black or white, you have to start seeing people as individuals instead of just a collection of stereotypes, and some people can't deal with that.

In cases like this, they go with the more compelling story. Hispanic-on-black violence doesn't really resonate that much, at least not as much as a white guy shooting an unarmed black kid and getting away with it, so George Zimmerman is white.

It's the same thing with the president. By parentage, President Obama is just as white as he is black. But the first half-black president isn't as powerful an image as the first black president (regardless of whether such a thing makes you misty-eyed or afraid and angry) so President Obama is black.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

#284113 - 04/28/12 07:13 AM

Quote:

Since the Trevon killing, there have been (that I've seen, maybe more?) six news stories of some random white dude getting the snot kicked out of him in 'retaliation'.

Some blacks are violent. Some whites are violent. Or, better yet, some people are violent and are looking for an excuse to channel that rage in destructive ways against other human beings.

And the corporate-owned/corporate-subsidized mass media *LOVES* to play that "If it bleeds, it leads!" angle, especially when it involves subdividing the human species by the color of skin.

It's just like professional sports. Except I doubt that be any beer-sponsored brawlfests involving blacks and whites such as handegg*, boxing, and hockey.

Some of us know the score and refuse to play that game. That makes me, for example, yet another minority. The mass media, whether from one political direction or another, is nothing more a tool to make anyone who gets sucked into the hype a fool.

The end result for those wonderful mainstream media gatekeepers across the entire spectrum and their sponsors?

$$$ PROFIT! $$$

There's a reason why television was once called an "idiot box" back when the receivers were based on bulky vacuum tubes rather that flatscreen panels. And the "content" is just as empty today. Think about it.

It's a troll of the mass population. And the brainwashed cathode-addled zombies feed it. Daily.

---Bekki

* American "football" is not. Soccer *IS* football. When the "ball" is shaped like an egg and is carried by hand most of the time that's "handegg", su-uh-uh-uh-uckers! (A tip o'tha hat to Maddox)

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: race. new [Re: Gor]
#284358 - 04/30/12 01:43 AM

> > Since the Trevon killing, there have been (that I've seen, maybe more?) six news
> > stories of some random white dude getting the snot kicked out of him in
> > 'retaliation'.
> >
> > The Black Panthers have even called for the "spilling of the blood" of "blue eyed
> > whities" in retribution.
> >

> > Yet...
> >
> > Travon's killer wasn't even "white"... he was hispanic.
> >
> > But I haven't heard of any cases in the news of any 'retaliation' attacks against
> > hispanics, thankfully.
> >
> > And you can't even argue that the uptic in violence is in response to the white
> cops
> > that intially let the killer go... because the intial responding officers included
> > "African American" cops.
> >
> > An undercurrent of black on white racist hate that just needed an excuse to express
> > itself? The fact that the excuse that doesn't even fit the bill all the more
> > highlights that racism is in play.
> >
> > Depeche Mode to the rescue!
>
> I'm running a race on Sunday. The route is supposed to be a bit hilly, so I'm not
> sure if I'll be able to improve my Turkey Trot time.

I ended up besting my turkey trot time by 69 secs. Not 69 sex.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Send PM

Re: Marathon new [Re: Gor]
#284407 - 04/30/12 06:25 AM

Quote:

> I'm running a race on Sunday. The route is supposed to be a bit hilly, so I'm not
> sure if I'll be able to improve my Turkey Trot time.

I ended up besting my turkey trot time by 69 secs. Not 69 sex.

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Marathon new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#284433 - 04/30/12 03:32 PM

> > I'm running a race on Sunday. The route is supposed to be a bit hilly, so I'm not
> > sure if I'll be able to improve my Turkey Trot time.
>
> I ended up besting my turkey trot time by 69 secs. Not 69 sex.
>
>
> --Bekki

I'm debating whether Rush is worth $160 for decent seats, but leaning towards not worth it.

I finished in the top third in both the overall results and the fat boy division (190lbs+). I was beaten
by a 6 year old, a 7 year old, and two 8 year olds.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#284441 - 04/30/12 05:13 PM

> I'm debating whether Rush is worth $160 for decent seats, but leaning towards not
> worth it.

$160 would be a reasonable price... for four seats. For one, though? No thanks.

> I finished in the top third in both the overall results and the fat boy division
> (190lbs+). I was beaten
> by a 6 year old, a 7 year old, and two 8 year olds.

8-year-olds over 190 lbs?

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Marathon new [Re: TriggerFin]
#284449 - 04/30/12 06:26 PM

> > I'm debating whether Rush is worth $160 for decent seats, but leaning towards not
> > worth it.
>
> $160 would be a reasonable price... for four seats. For one, though? No thanks.
>

That was my thinking. I believe I paid around $30 to see them 10 years ago.

> > I finished in the top third in both the overall results and the fat boy division
> > (190lbs+). I was beaten
> > by a 6 year old, a 7 year old, and two 8 year olds.
>
> 8-year-olds over 190 lbs?

The youngest signed up in the fat boy division was 17. I'm surprised any signed up for the fat chick division (150lbs+),
but there were 50 of them. It probably helped that it wasn't actually referred to as fat boy/fat chick.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#284454 - 04/30/12 07:00 PM

> The youngest signed up in the fat boy division was 17. I'm surprised any signed up
> for the fat chick division (150lbs+),
> but there were 50 of them. It probably helped that it wasn't actually referred to as
> fat boy/fat chick.

They called it the "husky" category, right?

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

#284455 - 04/30/12 07:04 PM

I saw them in Cleveland for the Time Machine tour. (In fact, the show the DVD was made from). They kicked serious ass, but they had Neil WAY over amped. You could feel the kick bass through the floor, and I was in the second balcony.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#284456 - 04/30/12 07:21 PM

> > > I'm debating whether Rush is worth $160 for decent seats, but leaning towards not
> > > worth it.
> >
> > $160 would be a reasonable price... for four seats. For one, though? No thanks.
> >
>
> That was my thinking. I believe I paid around $30 to see them 10 years ago.

Heh, I was going to say five seats ($32), but decided to allow some for inflation.

Also, we need to get into space so we can come back in 100 years.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Marathon new [Re: DMala]
#284462 - 04/30/12 09:22 PM

> > The youngest signed up in the fat boy division was 17. I'm surprised any signed up
> > for the fat chick division (150lbs+),
> > but there were 50 of them. It probably helped that it wasn't actually referred to
> as
> > fat boy/fat chick.
>
> They called it the "husky" category, right?

Athena/Clydesdale

Bekki Doll
Send PM

#284554 - 05/01/12 07:35 AM

Quote:

I'm debating whether Rush is worth $160 for decent seats, but leaning towards not worth it.

I'm satisfied with their live work on CD/DVD. They kick ass live but I don't have either the time or the money to go to a very packed concert.

Anyway, running...running... ;-)

I have my own personal pantheon of classic rock gods to choose from. :-)

--Bekki

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Marathon new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#284571 - 05/01/12 03:21 PM

> I'm debating whether Rush is worth $160 for decent seats, but leaning towards not
> worth it.
>
> I'm satisfied with their live work on CD/DVD. They kick ass live but I don't have
> either the time or the money to go to a very packed concert.
>
> Anyway, running...running... ;-)
>
>
> I have my own personal pantheon of classic rock gods to choose from. :-)
>
> --Bekki

It seemed a little pricey at the time to pay $92 for 2nd row Page & Plant tix, but YOLO. It would be a freakin'
bargain these days.

This tour.

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6285