MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MameSF
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/27/12
Send PM

Street FIghter II Keys ?
#284015 - 04/27/12 03:47 PM

So i have Mame PLus,and i just cannot play Sf2 Turbo,cuz i cannot perform Special moves on my keyboard.What im asking is,how do i make down+right+HP to one button ? I cannot make this custom button,in mame there are only options for LP MP HP LK MK HK,there are no buttons for up down left right ? Help me please,thanks in advance.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Street FIghter II Keys ? new [Re: MameSF]
#284019 - 04/27/12 04:18 PM

Have you tried a usb joypad connected to your computer?

When you launch the game press TAB key on keyboard and choose input (this game) and you can set specific controls.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Street FIghter II Keys ? new [Re: MameSF]
#284105 - 04/28/12 05:41 AM Attachment: SF2.png 120 KB (0 downloads)

> in mame there are only options for LP MP HP LK MK HK,there are no buttons for up down left right ?

MAME has no provision for adding controls to a game, like for example a combo button like you want. You can only re-map existing controls.

What the hell do you mean though when you say there are "no buttons for up down left right"?
It doesn't look something like this on your PC (screenshot below from plain SF2)?
What do you see when you press TAB and go to "input - (this game)"?

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Street FIghter II Keys ? new [Re: Sune]
#284115 - 04/28/12 07:19 AM

> > in mame there are only options for LP MP HP LK MK HK,there are no buttons for up
> down left right ?
>
> MAME has no provision for adding controls to a game, like for example a combo button
> like you want. You can only re-map existing controls.
>
> What the hell do you mean though when you say there are "no buttons for up down left
> right"?
> It doesn't look something like this on your PC (screenshot below from plain SF2)?
> What do you see when you press TAB and go to "input - (this game)"?

There were MAME variants that allowed you to input control macros and assign them to a button. I thought most people had already gotten over them by now.

BMan2
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/03/10
Send PM

Re: Street FIghter II Keys ? new [Re: Foxhack]
#284130 - 04/28/12 08:05 AM

yeah - obviously way too unskilled to be able to pull off D, DF, F + (punch) on a keyboard. Funnily enough I reckon it's about 100x EASIER than doing it on an actual joystick.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Street FIghter II Keys ? new [Re: BMan2]
#284159 - 04/28/12 05:04 PM

> yeah - obviously way too unskilled to be able to pull off D, DF, F + (punch) on a
> keyboard. Funnily enough I reckon it's about 100x EASIER than doing it on an actual
> joystick.

Maybe, but it can also be a hardware issue.

Most keyboards have a max number of keys that can register at the same time, and pressing certain keys together will cancel other certain keys out. Keyboards are not built for pulling off fighting game combos.

S

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#284168 - 04/28/12 07:20 PM

> yeah - obviously way too unskilled to be able to pull off D, DF, F + (punch) on a
> keyboard. Funnily enough I reckon it's about 100x EASIER than doing it on an actual
> joystick.

I should admit even when I love fighting games, I'm so unskilled it took me a while to learn how to perform a shoryuken. Be a joystick, keyboard or d-pad.

Even today Zangief's piledriver cost me a lot of work. I mean, how the heck do you do two complete circles without jumping most of the time? :P

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

Re: Street FIghter II Keys ? new [Re: BIOS-D]
#284280 - 04/29/12 12:51 PM

You buffer into it from a different move. Try doing a FP, then during the animation you do the SPD motion and hit the button-- timing the motion to end just after the animation does.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#284292 - 04/29/12 04:17 PM

> joystick.

You might be able to get away with that in Street Fighter, but complex moves in other games will not work as easily without an arcade stick or gamepad.

In Tekken 2, King has a throw combo which ends with the player holding all four attack buttons at once (the move was simplified in Tekken 3 and later games, however holding all four attack buttons in later games, excluding Tekken 4, will 'charge' the character's next move for extra damage, unless a throw is made instead).

Similarly, Wang has the Whirlwind throw (not in Tekken 2 Ver.A), which is initiated with 5 button inputs at once - down/forward plus buttons 1+3+4 together.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 346 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 10513