RECLAIMING MY TIME, MOTHERFUCKER

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

I really just wish they'd shut the frag up!
#283703 - 04/24/12 01:27 AM

I've had 4 or more political robot calls today. So much for the "Do not call" list.

As if my votes for the primary matter, or that I even have candidates to choose from, in PA they've already been selected.

Frag, I'll be glad after tomorrow is over!

"Choose your mugger..." How about just don't mug me?

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: I really just wish they'd shut the frag up! new [Re: greybeard]
#283704 - 04/24/12 03:36 AM

That's a guarantee that I won't vote for that person.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: I really just wish they'd shut the frag up! new [Re: redk9258]
#283709 - 04/24/12 05:43 AM

If you remember, when Congress passed the Do Not Call List bill, they exempted (themselves)political campaigns I believe to keep the playing field level or some such nonsense. Nice too that they get to vote on how much they get paid along with benefits too. Must suck to HAVE to MAKE the rules but not FOLLOW them. I'll stop now before all my rolled pennies bust open.

Later...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#283711 - 04/24/12 05:48 AM

Ann Romney's called once so far but she left her message on my machine. Wasn't too annoying.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

#283714 - 04/24/12 06:44 AM

Quote:

I've had 4 or more political robot calls today. So much for the "Do not call" list.

I get that crap all the time. It's even worse because I'm registered as a Libertarian so I get it both ways. My answering machine fills up rapidly and I wind up having to hit that skip button just to make sure there aren't any life or death messages from my family, my very close friends, and people in need.

And I'm on "Do Not Call" and my number is not whitepage listed! El grandé bastrados!

I'm going to start archiving the audio with the dates and times, tracing the numbers (if possible) and mailing out invoices. I may have to start my biz sooner than expected.

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

you might try this.... new [Re: greybeard]
#283735 - 04/24/12 03:28 PM

Press the '2' key. Or any other number if you feel like messing with the machine.

I happened to try that one time, it wasn't even announced in the recording and it said that I would be removed from their list.

It's worth a shot, right?

If that doesn't happen then the recording might stop or start over again.

eta: Bad A Billy mentioned about politicians are exempt from the Do Not Call List, but charities are also exempt. And 100% of the time this has always been a real person that calls, saying they're from ACS Services, or for the Highway Patrol, or whatever. The moment I hear them say they organization they're calling for - I simply hang up. There's no use in wasting either of our time.

Edited by Tom Braider (04/24/12 03:32 PM)

LEVEL-4

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4622