Reged: 09/22/03
Send PM

Canadian-Motorcyclist-weavs-through-Traf fic-at-186-mph
#283279 - 04/20/12 08:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP1Z0M0Cz7o

hang on for a ride its going go fast

Hats off to Tessa west 6/13/1981 -7/11/09

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: Canadian-Motorcyclist-weavs-through-Traf fic-at-186-mph new [Re: METRODUCK]
#283281 - 04/20/12 08:40 AM

Quote:

hang on for a ride its going go fast

Of course it appears fast to us. The motorcyclist is doin' bullet time. ;-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: Canadian-Motorcyclist-weavs-through-Traf fic-at-186-mph new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283347 - 04/21/12 03:03 AM

Eh. Looks they had a good time. I bet there were cameras out there.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Oops, did I just merge? new [Re: METRODUCK]
#283356 - 04/21/12 04:00 AM

Looks like that grease stain just bought me a new truck.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#283361 - 04/21/12 04:35 AM

I like how the brainless comment losers can't be bothered to read the description and just proceed to talk to the poster like they are his parent and then scream at each other like bickering neighbors.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#283364 - 04/21/12 04:45 AM

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP1Z0M0Cz7o
>
> hang on for a ride its going go fast

Quote:

The 25-year-old suspected motorcyclist has no valid driver's licence and no insurance as a result of 27 driving-related convictions including speeding and driving without insurance, Jantzen said. He has had his licence suspended five times.

The driver also only had a learner's motorcycle licence, which was also suspended.

Police on Vancouver Island seize motorcycle used in video by speeder

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Oops, did I just merge? new [Re: italie]
#283365 - 04/21/12 04:46 AM

> Looks like that grease stain just bought me a new truck.

I've always wanted to see the statistics on motorcycle accidents minus all of the cases where the rider was doing something blatantly illegal and/or stupid. I'd bet simply riding a motorcycle is not nearly as dangerous as you'd think just looking at the raw numbers.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Canadian-Motorcyclist-weavs-through-Traf fic-at-186-mph new [Re: Smitdogg]
#283366 - 04/21/12 04:47 AM

> I like how the brainless comment losers can't be bothered to read the description and
> just proceed to talk to the poster like they are his parent and then scream at each
> other like bickering neighbors.

YouTube comments are proof that the human race is doomed.

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#283371 - 04/21/12 06:33 AM

Ponch and Jon did it way better.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Oops, did I just merge? new [Re: DMala]
#283393 - 04/21/12 10:31 AM

> I've always wanted to see the statistics on motorcycle accidents minus all of the
> cases where the rider was doing something blatantly illegal and/or stupid. I'd bet
> simply riding a motorcycle is not nearly as dangerous as you'd think just looking at
> the raw numbers.

The trouble is, if you're the one on the bike, you'll be the one who comes off worse in a collision with a car, whether it's your fault or not. People on bikes get injured more often when car drivers are being stupid, careless, or just not being observant.

Also, a bike has far less traction and weight than a car, making some situations inherently more dangerous for a motorcyclist. For example a few years back, my brother and I had to travel the same piece of road on the same day, which happened to have accumulated black ice on a corner. My Toyota Blade lost traction and slid, but in 50m I was back in a straight line. I crossed the centre line a bit and scared my wife, but that was it. His Yamaha YZF1000 ended up sliding off the road and getting crushed under a safety barrier. No-one injured in either case, thank God, but he still ended up worse off because he was on a bike. (He rebuilt the bike and still rides.)

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Oops, did I just merge? new [Re: DMala]
#283402 - 04/21/12 01:57 PM

> > Looks like that grease stain just bought me a new truck.
>
> I've always wanted to see the statistics on motorcycle accidents minus all of the
> cases where the rider was doing something blatantly illegal and/or stupid. I'd bet
> simply riding a motorcycle is not nearly as dangerous as you'd think just looking at
> the raw numbers.

The numbers will still probably be higher for motorcycles, but not by nearly as much. You have to be on point every second these days when on a bike. Soooo many people not paying attention while in their cars, and bikes are easy targets to miss.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

#283403 - 04/21/12 02:24 PM

Hey !
- I know, this is Super Hang On... ...only with cars

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Oops, did I just merge? new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#283409 - 04/21/12 03:26 PM

Black ice in Australia? I didn't even know it got cold there!

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Canadian-Motorcyclist-weavs-through-Traf fic-at-186-mph new [Re: CTOJAH]
#283411 - 04/21/12 03:38 PM

> Hey !
> - I know, this is Super Hang On... ...only with cars

I imagined one of the tunes from that game -playing, or from ManxTT.

LEVEL-4

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Oops, did I just merge? new [Re: redk9258]
#283415 - 04/21/12 03:57 PM

> Black ice in Australia? I didn't even know it got cold there!

The souther parts get quite cold at night, and can be cold all day in winter too. The piece of road in question is in permanent shadow due to the lay of the land. Not surprising.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

Re: Canadian-Motorcyclist-weavs-through-Traf fic-at-186-mph new [Re: Gor]
#283429 - 04/21/12 06:36 PM

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP1Z0M0Cz7o
> >
> > hang on for a ride its going go fast
>
> The 25-year-old suspected motorcyclist has no valid driver's licence and no insurance
> as a result of 27 driving-related convictions including speeding and driving without
> insurance, Jantzen said. He has had his licence suspended five times.
>
> The driver also only had a learner's motorcycle licence, which was also suspended.
>
> Police on Vancouver Island seize motorcycle used in video by speeder

Quote:

Police believe the registered owner is the mother of the 25-year-old rider. Under the Motor Vehicle Act, police are able to serve tickets to the registered owner even if she was not driving the bike.

On Wednesday, the mother was issued tickets totalling $1,449. The breakdown was a $368 ticket for driving without due care and attention, a $483 ticket for excessive speed and a $598 ticket for no insurance.

"The Motor Vehicle Act has sections in it that require the owner to be responsible for the conduct of the vehicle and to be responsible for the person who operates the vehicle," Jantzen said.
Police are trying to seize the motorcycle permanently under B.C.'s Civil Forfeiture Act, which allows the province to take assets that they can prove were used in the commission of an offence.

Yikes- $1450 in fines, plus six grand for the bike- and she allegedly wasn't even the offender! If they are going to seize the vehicle, the least they can do is cover the fine with the proceeds from when they sell it...

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Oops, did I just merge? new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#283436 - 04/21/12 06:57 PM

> The southern parts get quite cold at night, and can be cold all day in winter too.

Which is June-August!

- Stiletto

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Canadian-Motorcyclist-weavs-through-Traf fic-at-186-mph new [Re: Qun Mang]
#283456 - 04/21/12 11:43 PM

> Yikes- $1450 in fines, plus six grand for the bike- and she allegedly wasn't even the
> offender! If they are going to seize the vehicle, the least they can do is cover the
> fine with the proceeds from when they sell it...

Screw that. Your adult son with 27 moving violations wants you to register his crotch rocket, despite the fact that he has no license, and you agree to do it? You deserve every fine they hit you with.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Send PM

Re: Canadian-Motorcyclist-weavs-through-Traf fic-at-186-mph new [Re: DMala]
#283467 - 04/22/12 01:39 AM

Quote:

YouTube comments are proof that the human race is doomed.

I face-palmed when they compared the motorcyclist's speed as being that of a bullet. Someday science and physics is gonna drop on 'em. It ain't gonna be pretty. ;-)

And for one I didn't use the g-word to describe 'em. LOL!

--Bekki

EDIT: Speaking of science...

Edited by Bekki Doll (04/22/12 01:46 AM)

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

#283470 - 04/22/12 02:24 AM

> > Yikes- $1450 in fines, plus six grand for the bike- and she allegedly wasn't even
> the
> > offender! If they are going to seize the vehicle, the least they can do is cover
> the
> > fine with the proceeds from when they sell it...
>
> Screw that. Your adult son with 27 moving violations wants you to register his crotch
> rocket, despite the fact that he has no license, and you agree to do it? You deserve
> every fine they hit you with.

What's with the 'tude? I guess it does make sense that it could have been his bike, not hers even if she is the registered owner. If that's the case then I have no problem with them seizing the bike. My original comment was based on the bike being hers and the kid just "borrowed" (read: stole) it. She should suffer from another "adult"'s poor decision? I guess Canadian law says yes. Might as well take any other vehicles she owns while they're at it because her son will almost certainly do it again with another vehicle of hers.

Of course if the bike is hers and she *let* him take it out then she deserves the punishment served her.

More clear I hope?

Bekki Doll
Send PM

#283471 - 04/22/12 02:37 AM

Quote:

My original comment was based on the bike being hers and the kid just "borrowed" (read: stole) it. She should suffer from another "adult"'s poor decision?

Yes she should! It's registered in her name. It's her responsibility to make sure it NEVER got into anyone elses' hands who aren't permitted to use it. If her son stole the bike then charges should be filed by her against him for theft. Otherwise, she deserves every bit of financial pain and humiliation from her own reckless stupidity that led to this.

From the quoted article:

Quote:

Police believe the registered owner is the mother of the 25-year-old rider. Under the Motor Vehicle Act, police are able to serve tickets to the registered owner even if she was not driving the bike.

It was her stupidly retarded decision to let her unlicensed yet ADULT son use her motorcycle in a highly irresponsible manner. She deserves every fine. That is one dumb mother.

Sadly, responsibility is giving way to a pablum-puking liberal philosophy of perpetual childish victimhood. Scares me, and I'm fearless.

--Bekki

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

Well... new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283477 - 04/22/12 03:36 AM

> It was her stupidly retarded decision to let her unlicensed yet ADULT son use her
> motorcycle in a highly irresponsible manner. She deserves every fine. That is one
> dumb mother.
>
> Sadly, responsibility is giving way to a pablum-puking liberal philosophy of
> perpetual childish victimhood. Scares me, and I'm fearless.
>
> --Bekki

I'll just have to give a nod to your obvious superior knowledge on what happened here. If you had read my entire post you will have seen that I agree with the punishment if she is indeed guilty. Which she must be, even without a doubt complicit all the way, 'cause you said so.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Canadian-Motorcyclist-weavs-through-Traf fic-at-186-mph new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#283479 - 04/22/12 03:51 AM

If I buy and possess a gun, have a license to carry and all that, yet someone steals it. Whether it be another household member, or someone that breaks into my residence while I'm away, then they end up killing someone with it, either intentionally or by accident.

I'd be the one responsible for that death?

Now, mind you, I don't know the law here in America regarding this situation, or if it's any different in Canada (assuming they did allow ownership of firearms), and I don't feel like googling up said info.

The point is - I wouldn't feel as if I should be held responsible because of someone elses wrong doing. I mean, they could steal a shirt I have hanging out to dry on the line and use it to strangle someone.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Well... new [Re: Qun Mang]
#283480 - 04/22/12 03:59 AM

Quote:

If you had read my entire post you will have seen that I agree with the punishment if she is indeed guilty.

No "if": She is guilty. The motorcycle is registered in her name, not his. She let an unlicensed person use her motorcycle. That person broke the law by doing those hijinks and getting caught while she knew that person had no right under the law to use her motorcycle. Those are the facts.

Dumb mother. Dumb offspring. It's irresponsible people like this who give responsible motorcyclists a bad reputation. It's also a prime example of poor parenting.

--Bekki

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Canadian-Motorcyclist-weavs-through-Traf fic-at-186-mph new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#283482 - 04/22/12 04:07 AM

Quote:

If I buy and possess a gun, have a license to carry and all that, yet someone steals it.

I already covered that: If her son stole her motorcycle then she should press charges regarding the theft of that vehicle. Thus, if charges for theft are involved then the son will face the full penalties of both the traffic violations as well as criminal liability regarding the theft of the motorcycle.

If she doesn't press charges for theft then the logical conclusion is that she let an unlicensed person use a vehicle registered in her name. In that case that is willful neglect of her own responsibility regarding the ownership of her own vehicle.

So far the mother isn't pushing for theft charges to be filed against her son at this time. That may change. Though, as you can see, the charges of theft will raise the stakes quite a bit.

--Bekki

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

#283490 - 04/22/12 05:47 AM

> What's with the 'tude? I guess it does make sense that it could have been his bike,
> not hers even if she is the registered owner. If that's the case then I have no
> problem with them seizing the bike. My original comment was based on the bike being
> hers and the kid just "borrowed" (read: stole) it.

Sorry, I made the opposite assumption. The guy is 25, so his mom is (hopefully) no younger than 40, and most likely somewhere between 50 and 60. While it's not impossible for a middle aged woman to own and ride a powerful, Japanese sport bike, I'd say it's pretty unlikely, ergo I assumed she registered (and likely bought) it for junior.

Plus if it were really stolen, I don't think the police would be able to seize it, unless the laws in Canada are really weird. If he had taken it from a random stranger, it would be pretty strange and unfair to punish that person for his actions. It should be no different if he stole the bike from someone he knew, unless maybe she knew it was gone and failed to report it.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

#283501 - 04/22/12 06:35 AM

> > What's with the 'tude? I guess it does make sense that it could have been his bike,
> > not hers even if she is the registered owner. If that's the case then I have no
> > problem with them seizing the bike. My original comment was based on the bike being
> > hers and the kid just "borrowed" (read: stole) it.
>
> Sorry, I made the opposite assumption. The guy is 25, so his mom is (hopefully) no
> younger than 40, and most likely somewhere between 50 and 60. While it's not
> impossible for a middle aged woman to own and ride a powerful, Japanese sport bike,
> I'd say it's pretty unlikely, ergo I assumed she registered (and likely bought) it
> for junior.
>
> Plus if it were really stolen, I don't think the police would be able to seize it,
> unless the laws in Canada are really weird. If he had taken it from a random
> stranger, it would be pretty strange and unfair to punish that person for his
> actions. It should be no different if he stole the bike from someone he knew, unless
> maybe she knew it was gone and failed to report it.

Yeah, with that age for her in mind it really does seem unlikely it is meant for anyone but her son. However, *IF* it really is her bike then she now has to choose between making junior learn a very hard lesson by having him charged with grand theft (or whatever the Canadian equivalent is) or sacrificing the bike to go easier on him (he still has other charges he's facing of course).

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 462 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2285