MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Warning, this post contains content which some readers may find highly offensive
#282831 - 04/16/12 07:28 PM Attachment: cat22.jpg 30 KB (1 downloads)

So, why did you click to see what's inside? Have you no self control?

If you don't like something then don't read it. Simple.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

LEVEL-4

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: Warning, this post contains content which some readers may find highly offensive new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#282832 - 04/16/12 07:30 PM

Quote:

Have you no self control?

No I have free will....that's all part of a master's plan.

Oxymoron much?

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Warning, this post contains content which some readers may find highly offensive new [Re: Hizzout]
#282833 - 04/16/12 07:33 PM

> Have you no self control?
>
> No I have free will....that's all part of a plan.
>
> Oxymoron much?

Yes, but you were given fair warning of the trauma you would experience. Like, if I say there's a jar of sulfuric acid over there, and you shouldn't drink it. Do you suddenly get the uncontrollable urge to take a sip?

edit to remove snide remark.

Edited by Tom Braider (04/16/12 07:42 PM)

LEVEL-4

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Lara posted a picture of a hairy pussy -nt- new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#282834 - 04/16/12 07:35 PM

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: Warning, this post contains content which some readers may find highly offensive new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#282835 - 04/16/12 07:39 PM

Quote:

Like, if I say there's a jar of sulfuric acid over there, and you shouldn't drink it. Do you suddenly get the uncontrollable urge to take a sip?

No because of the evidence of what sulfuric acid does to flesh, I would not be inclined to take a sip.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

I'm offended by nothing lebowski. NOTHING. >nT? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#282893 - 04/17/12 02:23 AM

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

#282894 - 04/17/12 02:29 AM

See him? He's the boss! He made me look!

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

#282899 - 04/17/12 02:56 AM

Quote:

So, why did you click to see what's inside? Have you no self control?

I acknowledge being a freak. I'm drawn towards the fringe. :-)

Have you ever seen a man eat his own head? ;-)

Offended? You better not click here then.

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Warning, this post contains content which some readers may find highly offensive new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#282906 - 04/17/12 03:32 AM

>
> I acknowledge being a freak. I'm drawn towards the fringe. :-)
>

Me too...

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Hizzout
Send PM

My cache is crying new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#282914 - 04/17/12 04:02 AM

Reminds me of the early internet days.

Rotten.com is just the great grandaddy of Ogrish, which I guess /b/ took the place of that, which now gives way to the "deep net" and .onion sites.

I used to be fascinated, or curious about the gore and shocking...was mostly desensitized to it for a long time, but as cliche as it sounds, I had kids of my own and through them I see the beautiful and happy things in life through fresh eyes.

The gore and shocking stuff doesn't offend me per se, but I certainly don't have the same fascination that I once did. Maybe it was a teenage thing, I dunno.

I still like me a good gory horror movie, or intense shoot out scene but mainly because that fantasy remains a fantasy.

I no longer find the novelty of having the world of pictures and videos at your fingertips, containing the truly horrendous and barbaric things that human kind does to each other.

'scuse me while I go kiss my little girls goodnight, and read them stories of unicorns, rainbows, and princesses.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: My cache is crying new [Re: Hizzout]
#282952 - 04/17/12 06:34 AM

> Reminds me of the early internet days.
>
> Rotten.com is just the great grandaddy of Ogrish, which I guess /b/ took the place of
> that, which now gives way to the "deep net" and .onion sites.
>
> I used to be fascinated, or curious about the gore and shocking...was mostly
> desensitized to it for a long time, but as cliche as it sounds, I had kids of my own
> and through them I see the beautiful and happy things in life through fresh eyes.
>
> The gore and shocking stuff doesn't offend me per se, but I certainly don't have the
> same fascination that I once did. Maybe it was a teenage thing, I dunno.
>
> I still like me a good gory horror movie, or intense shoot out scene but mainly
> because that fantasy remains a fantasy.
>
> I no longer find the novelty of having the world of pictures and videos at your
> fingertips, containing the truly horrendous and barbaric things that human kind does
> to each other.
>
> 'scuse me while I go kiss my little girls goodnight, and read them stories of
> unicorns, rainbows, and princesses.

Butterflies...Don't forget about the butterflies.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Send PM

Re: My cache is crying new [Re: italie]
#282955 - 04/17/12 07:16 AM

Quote:

Butterflies...Don't forget about the butterflies.

Eeeeeeeew! Butterflies eat poo! ;-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Is that you stroking pussy? nt new [Re: greybeard]
#282974 - 04/17/12 01:04 PM

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: My cache is crying new [Re: Hizzout]
#282976 - 04/17/12 01:49 PM

Quote:

Reminds me of the early internet days.

Or how about the CD-ROM bubble? The "ForBidden Subjects" CD-ROM certainly hasn't aged well since it was pressed in '94. It was still phun stuff for its time where now its complete contents and much, much more is available online.

Quote:

I still like me a good gory horror movie, or intense shoot out scene but mainly because that fantasy remains a fantasy.

I have a feeling that you'll totally dig Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive". It's just an awesome movie. Who wouldn't go for an "arse-kicking" priest or literally mowing down the living dead? :-)

Apart from that, I take the beauty of this world along with its ugliness. I accept it all for what it is, both good and bad. It's the people who can't accept that or would rather deny the sheer cruelty out there, cruelty that even happens to very nice people, who anyone who cares should steer clear of.

Especially if they wish to censor or sanitize that uncomfortable part of Reality. Even worse, in the name of "the children". Now that's grotesque! Not only that but when the kids eventually grow older they'll see how dumb those adults were and rebel accordingly during their adolescence. This happens all of the time and causes much more harm in the long term all because of adults attempting to iatrogenically transfer their own insecurities to the next generation.

I'll bet you're an awesome parent. So there's no doubt in my mind that that you may have dealt with the questions your kids bring up about that dark side of Reality by offering some thought-provoking explanations to let them know that they're not alone from that perspective. The world can only use more parents like you.

The kids are alright. It's the adults and the world itself that's nutz. And reasonable adults are fast becoming a minority within it. :-(

Wow...that's a bummer. I don't want to end on that note. But I don't know of any other way to end this note, other than offering the advice to clear your browser cache. :-)

--Bekki

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Warning, this post contains content which some readers may find highly offensive new [Re: Hizzout]
#282992 - 04/17/12 05:42 PM

> Like, if I say there's a jar of sulfuric acid over there, and you shouldn't drink it.
> Do you suddenly get the uncontrollable urge to take a sip?
>
> No because of the evidence of what sulfuric acid does to flesh, I would not be
> inclined to take a sip.

When we reply to someone who has a history of posts that get under our skin - do we feel just as inclined to reply?

The best methods for dealing with the other person's "madness"? Set them straight in the nicest and
shortest/simplest way possible (avoid insults and vulgarities, which add fuel to the fire), or ignore them
(because they'll never change anyway, and you'll live not having scored that point in "one-upmanship").

http://youtu.be/Wc-ZmvxfBxE?t=2s

I would add to even at least leave a morsel of kindness on your way out.

b@peace

LEVEL-4

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

Re: Is that you stroking pussy? nt new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#282998 - 04/17/12 06:12 PM

No, I'm taking the picture.

I can't remember who was there at the time.

Hizzout
Send PM

#282999 - 04/17/12 06:20 PM

That water/rice "experiment" is hardly scientific at all, and only proves that either the rice, water, or containers (or combination) are contaminated or tampered with.

Short/simple enough? And with no insults.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 870 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2009