MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Reged: 10/01/03
Send PM

pullin my hair out with patch.exe
#281661 - 04/06/12 05:35 AM

Ok I compile mame and updates fine on my win7 duocore intel desktop with no problems.

now Im playin with my win7 i3 notebook, both have win7 64 bit os. it works fine
on my desktop but when i try usin patch on the u updates on my laptop all it does
it open another dos window and stops not appling the the updates to the mame source.

I open up a dos window go to my mame folder and then type "patch -p0 -E <0145u1.diff" \
enter and another dos window pops up stating c:\mamed\patch on the top the window and
then nothing. I am using the tools from mamedev site, I even took the patch file from
the 64 bit mingw folder and tried it and the same thing., this works fine on my desktop
but not on my laptop. I have set patch.exe to run as administrator so Im stuck tryin
to figure it out and bout to pull my hair out.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Renegade

Only here to annoy...

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: pullin my hair out with patch.exe new [Re: Renegade]
#281685 - 04/06/12 11:46 AM

Did you set the path to include only the folder where patch.exe is?

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Send PM

Re: pullin my hair out with patch.exe new [Re: redk9258]
#281697 - 04/06/12 03:33 PM

i have mame set up in a root folder (c:\mamed) with source and u-updates along with the patch.exe all in this
folder. I open up a dos window and go to the c:\mamed folder then once there I type patch -p0 -E <0145u1.diff
and enter in the dos window and it jus opens up a another dos window named c:\mamed\patch.exe.

funny thing is I made a batch file to make mame and its jus a simple batch file and when i use it it jus goes into
an open loop thru the dos window. but i downloaded a make batch file from mr.do's and it works. if I just rename
mr.do's make batch file it does the same thing, just an open loop with the following C:\mingw\mingw64-w64\bin
then opens another prompt c:\make then opens another prompt and starts the process all over again. then if i
change the name of the make.bat file back it works fine. dont know why its giving me all this trouble !

Only here to annoy...

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Send PM

Updated Re: pullin my hair out with patch.exe new [Re: Renegade]
#281703 - 04/06/12 04:42 PM

restarted my laptop this morning and now patch is workin fine. dont undrstand it
but happy anyway! now i will play with the make batch file.

Only here to annoy...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 374 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1337