Pages: 1

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Strange MAME problem...
#281088 - 04/01/12 03:36 AM

I've had no real problems compiling mame64 and UI in the past. This time however I compiled with no problems; or so I thought. Next I used CMP(latest) to complete rom set. Check. Everything is OK except CHD version stuff no biggie. Now I go to check out some of the newers and clones. Problem... Anything new or changed won't work, says it's not there. CMP says they are, I look and there they are. Ok, maybe I did something dumb so I d/l UI off of John IV to see. Still doesn't work or on regular MAME either. Double check rom files (.7z) all ARE there and test fine. Still no. Repack them in 7z a/o zip still won't work. Didn't change anything in configs of anything. All the other older games still work even if I re-package them. What up wit dat?

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Strange MAME problem... new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#281091 - 04/01/12 03:56 AM

Instead of loading compiled binary into CMP try loading ROMs dat >>> http://www.emulab.it/rommanager/

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Send PM

Re: Strange MAME problem... new [Re: B2K24]
#281189 - 04/01/12 10:24 PM

Same results. I'll try a few more things when I have time. Any other ideas?

Later...

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

#281192 - 04/01/12 10:34 PM

Unpack the 7z files and repack them as zip files and try again to see if it's related to 7z.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Send PM

Re: Strange MAME problem... new [Re: Roman]
#281230 - 04/02/12 04:51 AM

Tried that... I'm using Puzz Loop 2 as my test since they're together. pzloop2 works and pzloop2j & pzloop2jr1 don't work. I've tried just about every way possible between compression programs and all turn out the same. 1 works and 2 don't. Test OK CMP says they're OK. I've tried deleting them & having CMP rebuild them completly or just 1 or 2 files and CMP rebuilds them fine. My MAMEs just won't recognize them. Says they are not found, if you try to play it loads parent sets then says the newly needed ones are missing. I've tried my own compiles and d/l some from usual places. Same story. I still need to try it over my network with a couple of other computers and see what that does. Probably work fine that way and really piss me off. Any other ideas? It can't be my source cause the d/l ones do it too. CMP is working fine. 7zip seems to be working OK. Everything is still in the correct directories. ???TIA for any more suggestions...

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#281238 - 04/02/12 06:01 AM

Using official self compiled MAME 0.145u5 I'm getting the same result as you.

pzloop2 works and pzloop2j works and boots into game.
When I try and launch pzloop2jr1 I get a black screen. MAME doesn't say anything is missing or anything is wrong, it's simply just a black screen.

Running mame64 -window -verbose pzloop2jr1

It says a few times "missing dependencies rescheduling"

I suppose it could be MT bug worthy, but lets wait for others to chime in and see if they can confirm.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Strange MAME problem... new [Re: B2K24]
#281267 - 04/02/12 06:07 PM

> Using official self compiled MAME 0.145u5 I'm getting the same result as you.
>
> pzloop2 works and pzloop2j works and boots into game.
> When I try and launch pzloop2jr1 I get a black screen. MAME doesn't say anything is
> missing or anything is wrong, it's simply just a black screen.
>
> Running mame64 -window -verbose pzloop2jr1
>
> It says a few times "missing dependencies rescheduling"
>
> I suppose it could be MT bug worthy, but lets wait for others to chime in and see if
> they can confirm.

I can confirm the pzloop2jr1 issue and it was an easy fix - next MAME release will have it fixed. Anything else.. I don't know about.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1493